1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U sir have good taste :duff

Why thank you! :hi5:

My IM collection is relatively modest as well, but I just simply go by what my personal favorite armors are (Mk 7, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45 and if they make an MMS figure, likely Mk 46) rather than attempting to show evolution.

Is it the 42 and 43 that are similar just reversed colors?

Some time ago it seemed like everyone loved the Mk IV armor best as the traditional representation of the comics Iron Man. Is that no longer the case? It seemed like the Mk VI came in second to the IV, no?

I prefer the VI to the IV, personally. The colour scheme does more for me and I think the triangle suits the design of the armour better than the circle does.

I love my VII, but I love my VI even more. I am so looking forward to XLV!!!

See I am in agreement with this sentiment. I really like how beefy the Mark VI is as well as WM Mark I. Mark VII is really sharp but I think it looks even better when displayed next to Mark VI. There's just something about how they compliment and contrast each other with proportions, colors, and design. I'm really interested to see how Mark 45 & 46 look when displayed together.

Don't think it's unanimous. There's definitely three or four more popular armours, but I don't think there is one clear favourite. The III is probably still my favourite :lol

Yeah, the Mk 42 is the gold on red and the Mk 43 is the red on gold, but both are the same design (which is probably my favorite design).

and I find the Mk 42 gold the most attractive IM figure ....it is actually my favorite color/design IM

As frustrating as it is for collectors that there is a new suit (or two) per film it is awesome that there are enough designs to (mostly) please everybody and find a favorite

Yes , 42 is really underrated. It really stands out amongs mks...
b2f8f650d691d4f08649e76d2c7b3179.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I don't think I have a favorite Iron Man armor, they all have their pluses and minuses. I like the look of the XLV because of it's organic appearance and the fact that it's the got all the latest tech, but it's not my favorite. The VII is my favorite figure so far for it's multiple posing possibilities with all the interchangeable parts and all the accessories it came with for it's price point, but it's not my favorite Iron Man. I like the Starboost for it's unique white color, the Shotgun for it's colors and unique helmet, Peacemaker and Disco for the orange, and Piston for the green. Since I'm buying just about all the armors, I'll simplify things and say I like Iron Man the best. ;)
Ryan

and I find the Mk 42 gold the most attractive IM figure ....it is actually my favorite color/design IM

I really like the Mk 42 also. The gold on red isn't the traditional IM design, but it really stands out.

Yeah, I may be dating myself with that assumption.

I hope the 45 has at least one scene in Civil War. It was so underused and phony looking in AoU. Shame really, since everyone seems to really love the design.

My sentiments also.

Not sure if I want this version or if I should wait for the upcoming Mark XLVI when the MMS figure is announced. I only have the XLII so far and want a suit with the more traditional color scheme. This one is cool but didn't see much screen time unless it's used more in Civil War.

I do like the 46 as well... but when I see them together, the 45 just has a meaner look... and more interesting curves, with vents and airholes and more detail. 46 seems to be moving back to straight 'mechanical' lines.

46 vs 45.jpg

I hope the mark 46 figure has more detail than that power pose. I do prefer the color better. Something still puts me off about the color of the HT 45 in some shots, while in others it looks fine.

Back