1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a battle damaged version of this with a Tony head sculpt anyway, they seem to have a trend of doing this a lot as a summer exclusive or special edition.

Do they really? I can't recall a single Battle-Damaged Iron Man being put up for sale in at least three years. Once Hot Toys had the 40+ House Party Protocol armors to choose from, they had no more used for Battle-Damaged variants.

Do they really? I can't recall a single Battle-Damaged Iron Man being put up for sale in at least three years. Once Hot Toys had the 40+ House Party Protocol armors to choose from, they had no more used for Battle-Damaged variants.

My sentiments exactly

Yeah, this is already battle damaged, and as Tony was never seen without the helmet or faceplate in the 45 I doubt there will be any kind of head sculpt.

I used to order almost all my stuff from corner store comics as well.

I had the dark knight armory and whiplash mkII on pre order through them and then they released and nothing, weeks went by, then months, nothing.

I've tried contacting them several times to no avail and now their site isn't even up anymore, woulda been nice to get a heads up.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you didn't send them any money.

i hope so too. it'd be nice if one of them arrived by my birthday (memorial day).. but even if one was released tomorrow, i doubt it make it to the states in time.

at this point, i just want ultron or the 45 released so that they post one of their large photo galleries. i'm definitely excited for that. it'll be nice to have those to look at while we wait.

Yeah, even if it were to drop in HK today, the earliest Sideshow would get them would be late May/early June. It's possible you'd receive it in time for your birthday but not likely, unfortunately.

I bought the PI Mark VII w/hall of armor when it went on clearance at bbts for $300... and sold off the HT Mark VII. I much prefer the color and sculpt of the PI version, although it's lacking in the articulation and accessory department. It's also a bit undersized to HT.

It's more organic in appearance ...

That's what I like about it.

Dark side, yes. A bit. Though I do have a very, very modest Iron Man collection: Mk 1, 5 and 6 (missed out on Mk 2). I love the evolution of the look, and for me the Mark 1 (clunky), 2 (all silver), 5 (silver + red), and 6 (red + gold) on the shelf have a great evolution.

The 45 looks like the next significant evolution after the VI to me (going from angular 'machine' to organic flow of the lines). Again, personal opinion of course.

Just got the preoder in with the spring coupon, cant wait for it to arrive, first ironman in my collection

That's what I like about it.

Dark side, yes. A bit. Though I do have a very, very modest Iron Man collection: Mk 1, 5 and 6 (missed out on Mk 2). I love the evolution of the look, and for me the Mark 1 (clunky), 2 (all silver), 5 (silver + red), and 6 (red + gold) on the shelf have a great evolution.

The 45 looks like the next significant evolution after the VI to me (going from angular 'machine' to organic flow of the lines). Again, personal opinion of course.

U sir have good taste :duff

My IM collection is relatively modest as well, but I just simply go by what my personal favorite armors are (Mk 7, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45 and if they make an MMS figure, likely Mk 46) rather than attempting to show evolution.

Considering IM figures are a cut more expensive than other sixth scales to begin with, and I then get a customs charge on top of that for buying them, because they are the only sixth scale that go over our import charge threshold, I certainly only buy the ones I really want.. They cost me roughly twice the price of a typical Hot Toy figure.. :horror

My IM collection is relatively modest as well, but I just simply go by what my personal favorite armors are (Mk 7, Mk 42, Mk 43, Mk 45 and if they make an MMS figure, likely Mk 46) rather than attempting to show evolution.

Yeah mine too. Tried to stick with just the stuff I like. :rotfl

But the 6 has been my favorite design so far...but the 45 might beat it out. I've seen it a number of times at events and shows but I need to have it next the mk6 to really know.

Back