1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely want the 1/4 43 on top of the 1/6 43 I already have. I haven't ordered it yet since I'm hoping we'll get a coupon for Spooktacular. That Stark head sculpt is simply too incredible to pass up. :hi5:

The 1/6 45 is on pre-order. I'm actually still on the fence about the 1/4 45, but at this point I'm certain that I will pull the trigger on it.

This is on top of my 9 or 10 pre-orders that are all due to ship before Christmas. I had questioned my sanity up until this point, but now I know that it's no longer questionable. I am, without a doubt, 100% insane. :cuckoo: :rotfl

Yeah I just got the 1/6 43 so I'm with you, definitely want the 1/4 and I have it on order :hi5:
Smart waiting for a coupon :duff I should have :lol and yeah the Stark sculpt is a major draw for it, really amazing, I think that's why I'm so easily capable of passing on the 45 :dunno

Congrats, I have it PO'd too :woo can't wait :panic:

I think that's a sensible amount, so now who's crazy :lol

Nah I don't think we're crazy, just enthusiastic collectors, and that's great :duff

Yeah I just got the 1/6 43 so I'm with you, definitely want the 1/4 and I have it on order :hi5:
Smart waiting for a coupon :duff I should have :lol and yeah the Stark sculpt is a major draw for it, really amazing, I think that's why I'm so easily capable of passing on the 45 :dunno

Congrats, I have it PO'd too :woo can't wait :panic:

I think that's a sensible amount, so now who's crazy :lol

Nah I don't think we're crazy, just enthusiastic collectors, and that's great :duff

As long as we can both agree that having over $2500 of merchandise arrive at your door within six months is normal for collectors like us, then I'm good. :lol :hi5:

Now I just have to make sure I don't starve this holiday season... :rotfl

As long as we can both agree that having over $2500 of merchandise arrive at your door within six months is normal for collectors like us, then I'm good. :lol :hi5:

Now I just have to make sure I don't starve this holiday season... :rotfl

I added up the cost of everything I have on order a couple days ago. Yikes :lol but gonna be awesome getting them all!

I added up the cost of everything I have on order a couple days ago. Yikes [emoji38] but gonna be awesome getting them all!
I didn't add mine up, I just kind of threw a number out there. :lol But now I'm curious...

*pulls out calculator*

Holy crap, that's a lot. Oh well, I didn't plan on eating anyway. :rotfl

I added up the cost of everything I have on order a couple days ago. Yikes :lol but gonna be awesome getting them all!

Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif

Im in a bit of a dilemma here. I really like the 1/6 but I think the 1/4 might be better. The proportions are probably preferable on the 1/4, but I do like that the 1/6 is die cast and comes with lasers (Plus they fixed the facial slits at the top). The 1/4 scale is probably still better overall, but I don't know whether it's 200$ Difference worth of better. Any advice? Which one (if any) are you guys getting?

Other than NECA's 1/4 Jungle Hunter, I don't collect that scale. I plan on getting the 1/6 XLV, but you sound more interested in the 1/4-scale version. Go with that one, you'll probably be much happier. :duff

Sticking with the 1/6 myself. The 1/4 does look good but not an extra $200 good. Personally I plan to stick with 1/6 because I only want to collect a single scale. I'd have a harder time deciding between scales if I were a huge fan of the 43 since the 1/4 just looks so much better than the 1/6 proportionally plus it comes with an amazing headsculpt. The extra $200 just isn't justified with the 45 imo.

I feel the same way with the 43. The 1/4 is infinitely better than the disproportionate 1/6. The gap between the 45s is much smaller. But I still think it might be worth it because like JustDafty said, this is also my first HT so I want it to be as good as possible. The biggest problem is, I still like the 1/6. It's metal and comes with the cool laser things.

I feel the same way with the 43. The 1/4 is infinitely better than the disproportionate 1/6. The gap between the 45s is much smaller. But I still think it might be worth it because like JustDafty said, this is also my first HT so I want it to be as good as possible. The biggest problem is, I still like the 1/6. It's metal and comes with the cool laser things.

Since you guys are new, remember to always think about space and scale.

If you guys really get into it and just collect 1/4 scale, you'll run out of room really really quick. Ask guys who collect Premium Format Figs. They're always selling one to make room for another. Just another something to think about that no ones really mentions

I've been a huge fan of iron man since I was little, so that's what I'm sticking to as far as HT are concerned. As far as the 1/4 scale, the only other suits I would want to get would be the MK3, assuming HT releases one. Unless a future mark is released that beats the 45.

If you guys really get into it and just collect 1/4 scale, you'll run out of room really really quick. Ask guys who collect Premium Format Figs. They're always selling one to make room for another. Just another something to think about that no ones really mentions

Great advice. After receiving my first 1/6 scale figure, my first thought upon unboxing was "Wow, this is a big toy!" A 1/4 standing at 18-20 in. (or whatever it is) sounds ridiculously big. Would make an awesome centerpiece though. It's just not a scale I can see myself collecting multiple figures of.

Back to the question though for Mark45, if it's truly your favorite armor I would do it. That would be my "centerpiece". I just know myself, and what may be my favorite armor now is subject to change depending on what's potentially coming up next. Based on art, the 46 looks like it'll easily be my favorite armor, even over the 7. But who's to say the Mark 47 or 48 won't be even better? Financially, I wouldn't be able to commit to a collection of my favorite/several former-favorite 1/4 scale Iron Man figures.

Yeah when I read people talking about the entire AoU lineup in quarter scale, the vision of someone with an Avenger lineup of PFFs springs into my head. That's not only some serious coin but some serious display area.

I think quarter scales would make centre-pieces, whether it be an Enterbay Terminator, or a Hot Toy Iron Man or Endoskeleton, or Batman... The two Iron Man figures would look great in a pedestal kind of way like Sigourney Weaver and Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters, but to have everyone from Nick Fury to Black Widow displayed in quarter scale would seem a bit overbearing to me.

You have to admire the apparent jump in quality and detail in the promo shots of the two Iron Man figures though..

I agree with a lot of what everyone else is saying. Collecting 1/6 is more affordable and takes up less space, but a single 1/4 scale would make an excellent centerpiece or standalone display. As far as collecting is concerned though, I would definitely stick to 1/6. If you start collecting 1/4, you'll run of space and money rather quickly. That's not so much a problem now with only two armors, but if the 1/4 scale Iron Man line takes off, which I'm sure it will, you're looking at several more 1/4 scale Iron Man armors to choose from in the next few years (I'm looking at you, Mark 3, 6, 7, and 42).

If you're certain that the 43 is your favorite armor, or the 45 is your favorite armor, then I say get your favorite in 1/4 scale and stick with just that one. I'm certain that either one would be enough to completely blow any Iron Man fan away. I know I've been completely blown away by both of them.

So i know this was probably asked before but why does this figure come with booster effects? I mean he is going to be diecast so that means no air poses and yet he has them. I like the laser bits and bd but those blast effects just look stupid.

So i know this was probably asked before but why does this figure come with booster effects? I mean he is going to be diecast so that means no air poses and yet he has them. I like the laser bits and bd but those blast effects just look stupid.
Including extra accessories, regardless of whether or not you can realistically display the figure with them, is probably their way of "justifying" the ever increasing Iron Man prices. They did the same thing with Tank and Bones, but at least with Bones it makes actual sense to use the thruster effects with the disassembled look. I agree though, the thruster effect pieces look cheap and toyish.

Back