1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure is looking pretty good. The price is a bit disappointing due to an increase vs 43. This is now officially a trend. We might hit $400 a piece for IM4

True, Vision was a lot less than I expected

LolWUT-1-2.jpg

I actually feel the opposite way. The official pics looked perfect to me. I don't really care about the paint job but these in store pics actually make me angry. I hate the proportions. the shoulders are too thin, the arms are too small. It just looks completely off to me. I hope it's just the pose but I doubt it. It might be the angle though, the photos from higher up actually look good.

I don't get this...arms are to small how? Thickness or shortness? And the shoulders...what are you compring it to? This is supposed to be "streamlined" so the silhouette is smoother(according to most that like the armor). So I'm not sure how the shoulders are to small. Looks pretty spot on to me.

I've noticed some of the 1/6 scale have started to come with more than just a basic stand lately. I'm surprised HT hasn't ventured into a diorama idea where all the base/stands could be pieced together to create an entire diorama, enticing consumers to purchase more figures from the line that they might already have. Especially since many of the heroes have had numerous versions previously. The stands together would have to create an impressive diorama but if they can capture the essence of a great scene I know I would personally be tempted to buy more.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

This suit looks thick enough that an actual 1/6 TS can fit inside, too bad no TS headsculpt on another IM figure.

I've noticed some of the 1/6 scale have started to come with more than just a basic stand lately. I'm surprised HT hasn't ventured into a diorama idea where all the base/stands could be pieced together to create an entire diorama, enticing consumers to purchase more figures from the line that they might already have. Especially since many of the heroes have had numerous versions previously. The stands together would have to create an impressive diorama but if they can capture the essence of a great scene I know I would personally be tempted to buy more.

Now imagine if they started doing build a figures...

This is a great looking suit! The color looks much better in the store pics. Mark 45 is an easy pre order, I told myself that Hulkbuster, Mark 43, and Mark 7 Stealth would be my last hot toys for a while. After Mark 45 im done!

Looking at your sig thats the MK45 figure I want, too bad its a CGI render

I wonder if I just get the base from this and stick an iPad or something on it with a that CGI render displayed would it do :lol

That was actually the funniest thing I've heard today :lol

I don't get this...arms are to small how? Thickness or shortness? And the shoulders...what are you compring it to? This is supposed to be "streamlined" so the silhouette is smoother(according to most that like the armor). So I'm not sure how the shoulders are to small. Looks pretty spot on to me.

I'll take back what I said about the arms. One angle made them look odd to me. But they aren't. But the shoulders sort of bother me. I think it's the photo or the pose, but they don't look round enough to me. For some reason the promo pics looked different to me. I think they just need to be positioned lower.

This looks really nice (love the extras and base), though I can't help but wonder if I should wait for the Civil War version till I get my first IM. Price does hurt though, add $20 on top of that and you can already get Ultron Prime... :pfft:

I prefer the tone shown 'in person' to what you actually do see in the movie if I'm to be honest. The only thing I don't like about the announcement photos is the tone just doesn't appear different enough to the 43, and is clearly nothing near the movie colour..

I don't understand why HT would make/include "fire thrust" accessories for the feet on a figure that won't (and shouldn't) be put on a dynamic stand. :cuckoo:
Anybody have any thoughts on what the deal with that is? :huh

(Sorry if this subject already been covered)

Back