1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised they chose this to be the MMS300 figure and not something more iconic.. This is just another release. Highly anticipated? Yes, but nothing special since it was inevitable this would be made... No surprise there. The MMS300 figure should have been something unexpected since they were making such a big deal over it. Instead it seems more of a pat on their own backs that they've made 300 figures. As for the figure, it looks ok but many features/likenesses are off from the on screen armor. And since it is die-cast I'm surprised the paint doesn't have any "metallic" look to it based on the photos so far. I like it but not as much as I thought I would. I just don't seem to get as excited for these as much anymore.. :dunno Maybe it's the price points they keep hitting.... :(

I'm surprised people thought HT would make #300 some special figure. The #100 and #200 releases were the main characters from popular movies at the time. It actually didn't make sense (to me) for it to be anything other than the Mark 45 given the popularity of AoU.

As far as the figure, someone else mentioned the paint looked like what was on the 1/4 scale Mark 43, and I think that might be spot on. It looks pretty spiffy, but with no exclusive, I'm going to bide my time before preordering it. Especially if it's diecast and will cost more then the Mark 43.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS300D11 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Well I'm not a fan of the damage, I liked 43 damage better. His shoulders don't have that gap between the arm and the shoulder like the 43 but it also doesn't look right when his arm is lifted up to the side. The fire blasts don't look good in the pictures. Maybe they'll look better in hand. The back is definitely cool. I'll keep my 43 in mint shape in case I upgrade to the 46 in civil war.

Thank goodness, I'm really only into the Marvel line, otherwise :horror Possibly also an Affleck Batman, but that's pretty iffy.
Yeah I want that Batman, I'm probably gonna limit myself to a select few Marvel figures after AOU.... I will probably just get Bats and skip Supes
Yeah I'll be able to avoid Star Wars just fine but I plan on getting the new batman
Avoiding SW? :horror I just want the bad guy :lol

I thought part of the price of these figures included the fee Hot Toys had to pay the actor's to use their likeness along with Marvel for licensing. Technically, and obviously I understand that they gouge us a premium since Iron Man is one of the more popular figs/characters - technically this should be cheaper because they're not using RDJ's likeness right? Wishful thinking maybe

Disney is REALLY riding on Hot Toys now. I hear Hot Toys is even doing Tomorrowland figures

We will probably have a few Civil War figures in hand before we see this in hand, so they have plenty of time to add more... Not saying they will, but they certainly could. But why would they include a Tony head with this when they could use it for an entire AoU Tony Stark figure?

Wow this looks amazing but I'm not too sure on those laser beams....a bit cheesy

Will there be a special item with the figure as it's the 300th? They added the key to the MoS figure for it being the 200th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back