1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind the plastic Mark 7 comes with awesome battle damaged parts which would not be available in the die cast version. Battle damage is best represented in plastic.

Uhhhhh.. why wouldn't it have BD parts? Lot's of the recent HT IM figures have BD parts. The Mark VII is so appreciated by the community that I think it's a prime a prime candidate for Hot Toys to go all in on if (when) they decide to drop the DC7.

Uhhhhh.. why wouldn't it have BD parts? Lot's of the recent HT IM figures have BD parts. The Mark VII is so appreciated by the community that I think it's a prime a prime candidate for Hot Toys to go all in on if (when) they decide to drop the DC7.

uhhhhhhh.....If it comes with BD parts then those parts would be plastic. That's my point. Plastic is better medium for battle damage details.

I watched civil war again last night and I really wish tony would have used the 45 for at least a little while in it. The extremely limited screen time in AoU just doesn't do this design justice.

It'll come with battle damaged parts I would have thought, and they'll look better on it than they do on the old one because it will have some weathering.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Keep in mind the plastic Mark 7 comes with awesome battle damaged parts which would not be available in the die cast version. Battle damage is best represented in plastic.

Why though?.. If there's a diecast version I'm pretty sure you can count on it coming with battle damaged parts.

I'm not a fan of the battle damaged parts for the 7 or 42.. The rest of the figure being so clean makes the damaged parts look out of place. With the 45 and upcoming 6 that isn't the case because of the wear the rest of the figure has.

uhhhhhhh.....If it comes with BD parts then those parts would be plastic. That's my point. Plastic is better medium for battle damage details.

Exactly. And I have the mk 42.

I'm a bit confused. What's your point then? That a diecast figure will have plastic BD parts and that they will look good? Brilliant observation.

To each their own. I don't like the cheap hollow feeling of the plastic ones.

I don't handle them enough for it to bother me. I don't care if it is DC (even if it's technically more plastic than DC) or all plastic as long as it is a great design. My favorite designs right now are the VII and VI. My 45 is gorgeous and very well engineered but doesnt bump those early armors out of my top spot. I guess it's like a new vs old Ford Mustang, the new one is better in every way but i would pick the old one if i had to choose.

I don't handle them enough for it to bother me. I don't care if it is DC (even if it's technically more plastic than DC) or all plastic as long as it is a great design. My favorite designs right now are the VII and VI. My 45 is gorgeous and very well engineered but doesnt bump those early armors out of my top spot. I guess it's like a new vs old Ford Mustang, the new one is better in every way but i would pick the old one if i had to choose.

Cool man. No need to get defensive/explanatory. We both just have different opinions and that's alright. =)

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this guy when I finish paying for him! I think he'll be the Ferrari of the group, well, until the DC mkVI turns up.

Hah - Subzro, I think I share your view there, my small group of 1/6 Iron Man figures is a mix of the very early models and the very late without much of a look in from the in-between stuff.

Casual night in.

IMG_4310.jpg

I really prefer the diecast figures. It's just the feel of them that I prefer. They just give me the impression that they're well worth the price.

Now, for the house party figures, those definitely should be plastic.

I'm certain a diecast 7 will include plastic battle damaged parts like the 42 and 45.

I also wonder if we're going to get an update on the 46. It definitely warrants a couple battle damaged parts and his forearm missile.

Lol. Fantastic.

Maximus, this is great! I'm so torn between selling my 43 to get the 45, bc I like both & each have their pros/cons for me :/

this pic is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, you can't go wrong either of the suit. Especially, once you pick up third party Tony Stark head 5.0, the MK43 gives another level of beauty - now I have no reason to pickup 1/4 scale. :)

The 1/4 scale is soooo nice though... My holy grail iron man figure. The details are simply insane in person.

Back