1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy on reddit got his XLV yesterday and there was a loose part in the box and he couldn't find where it came from on the figure, said it looks perfectly symmetrical... I asked for more pictures but he said it will have to wait since his internet is capped... Anyone have any ideas where this part goes or comes from? Is it even from XLV? I have mine in front of me right now and I don't see anything like it on the figure, but I'm also not going to pull at parts that may or may not disconnect. Mine came with a disconnected part too, but it didn't take me long to figure out that it was the upper knee cap to the left leg. I'm stumped with this.

3c6cd0d8a404457d925b01faa486c096.jpg

That appears to be the underside of a part. The side toward the figure not the side shown so it's hard to tell what it is.

I don't see how they would all of a sudden release an inferior product. Why would they regress knowing all that knowledge from their experience making these?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You must be misunderstanding what I meant. I'm saying that the 45 is a huge step UP from the 43 in terms of design. They took it to a whole other level with the hidden switches and added articulation. I hope it's something they continue in the future.

You must be misunderstanding what I meant. I'm saying that the 45 is a huge step UP from the 43 in terms of design. They took it to a whole other level with the hidden switches and added articulation. I hope it's something they continue in the future.
Ahhh okay. Yes, I hope so. Let's see how the VI turns out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A guy on reddit got his XLV yesterday and there was a loose part in the box and he couldn't find where it came from on the figure, said it looks perfectly symmetrical... I asked for more pictures but he said it will have to wait since his internet is capped... Anyone have any ideas where this part goes or comes from? Is it even from XLV? I have mine in front of me right now and I don't see anything like it on the figure, but I'm also not going to pull at parts that may or may not disconnect. Mine came with a disconnected part too, but it didn't take me long to figure out that it was the upper knee cap to the left leg. I'm stumped with this.

View attachment 288495

Could be the ankle piece from the front of the leg. That piece on mine fell off, and if memory serves me correctly, that's what the inner side of mine looked like.

View attachment 288495
That is a piece from the front of the ankle. It will pop right on.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

May sell my Mark 7 (getting tired of it )and grab this. This looks too good to pass up. Even prefer it over the MK 46.

May sell my Mark 7 (getting tired of it )and grab this. This looks too good to pass up. Even prefer it over the MK 46.

It absolutely is. And for me, it beats the mark 7 hands down no question. Plus, I can't wait to replace my 7 with a diecast version (fingers crossed).

The 45 is awesome, and if you can get it, do so. Me personally, I can't sell my 7, I just love it too much. It is my favorite armor.

I sold my Mark VII (something I thought I'd never do) when I received the XLV, and I don't regret it. The XLV is such a beautiful piece.

IMG_20160826_202405.jpg

Its not like the VII won't get a DC release. I don't see why people are so obsessed with the older one.

Once the DC hits, people will dump it like it never meant anything to them.

Its not like the VII won't get a DC release. I don't see why people are so obsessed with the older one.

Never dumping mine. I have the DC MKVI on order but i would sell the DC before selling my Avengers MKVI. I have all the HT DC armors so far and i still like my plastic versions more.

Never dumping mine. I have the DC MKVI on order but i would sell the DC before selling my Avengers MKVI. I have all the HT DC armors so far and i still like my plastic versions more.

To each their own. I don't like the cheap hollow feeling of the plastic ones.

I got my Mark 45 last night and I thought this will dethroned my Mark 7 and Mark 43. In term of design NO WAY, but in term of build quality and paint apps YES. To me, Mark 7 is still the King of Iron Man suit. Mark 7 is the only suit that perfectly fused between classics and modern design, and Mark 6 is also not at far off from Mark 7, but that does not mean MK 45 is bad at all... NO, not at all. It's easily be the top 5 suit so far. Can't wait for Mark 6 die cast release.

It's a great figure. Came with a ton of accessories. Was the final armor from the first Avengers movie. One of, if not the best armors in terms of action on film. Not to mention there is no DC Mk7 at the moment. I can totally see why people are obsessed with this armor. But of course once the DC hits I'm sure many will upgrade. Just how it goes.

Keep in mind the plastic Mark 7 comes with awesome battle damaged parts which would not be available in the die cast version. Battle damage is best represented in plastic.

Back