1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avenger: AoU - Maria Hill (TF Exclusive) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did some catching up and all the pics are looking great. I'm itching to finally pull the trigger on her but I don't know if the $20 code is enough. Then again I don't know if she'll make it to heavier discounts so it may not be wise to try and hold out for an extra $20 off.

Only thing that bugs me about her (and has from the beginning) is the height. If they were going to charge a little premium for her the least they could've done is made a change to the body to add height, instead of using the same exact bod they've been using on the last 3 Widows.

Anyone try anything to heighten her yet? The one difference that I noticed is the ball of the foot peg seems to be smaller than the one on the Widow bodies. Maybe just swapping to the BW body will add a smidge. The ball being bigger won't click into the boot so by sitting on the surface that will probably add a few mm. which could make a little difference.

Hot Toys MMS305 Avengers Age of Ultron Maria Hill Figure 1 6th Scale Body | eBay

1 6 Scale Hot Toys MMS288 Avengers aou "Black Widow" Nude Body | eBay

Just did some catching up and all the pics are looking great. I'm itching to finally pull the trigger on her but I don't know if the $20 code is enough. Then again I don't know if she'll make it to heavier discounts so it may not be wise to try and hold out for an extra $20 off.

Only thing that bugs me about her (and has from the beginning) is the height. If they were going to charge a little premium for her the least they could've done is made a change to the body to add height, instead of using the same exact bod they've been using on the last 3 Widows.

Anyone try anything to heighten her yet? The one difference that I noticed is the ball of the foot peg seems to be smaller than the one on the Widow bodies. Maybe just swapping to the BW body will add a smidge. The ball being bigger won't click into the boot so by sitting on the surface that will probably add a few mm. which could make a little difference.

Hey, PCK, isn't the stock Maria Hill already taller than Widow?

29.jpg

This figure should also be around for a while. There are no guarantees but I could see it getting some kind of discount, even better than $20 off.

Whoa, nice!! I've been pretty out of touch for the last month or so, so I guess I didn't come across the right pics yet. Everything I saw so far made me think that she was shorter. She should still be closer to the male figures' (not Hawkeye or Coulson :lol) heights, but I'm happy to see at least she's taller than Widow.

I'm guessing that Xeno shows that in his review? Off to check it out :)

No problem, man. :duff xeno's review is pretty good.

I believe someone mentioned that Maria Hill shares the same body as Selina Kyle? HT seems to have only two options for female figures. :lol

Selina body? Definitely could be. It's hard to tell without having that one in hand to compare size wise to BW's, but just going off eBay pics they look to be identical. The difference in heights probably come from the different foot pegs and the different boots.

Either way, that's all I was hoping for! As Xeno showed, she's taller than Widow and shorter than the old Fury which is enough for me. Ordered! The $20 code is good enough. If she ever gets a deeper discount then I'll live with not getting her for $20-$25 cheaper.

So my Maria art box had a big crease/bend on it, and I contacted SSC to see if I could a replacement box. They offered a $10 credit on a future order. Has anyone done this before, and can you combine it with rewards? He said they'll have to manually do the order for me. If it can't be combined with rewards or a monthly code it's a useless offer.

You can usually ask them to apply it to an order you already have, even if that order had a discount used initially. I don't think they'll make you a new order that way though.

Back