1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Alien vs. Predator: Elder Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yeah pred's lately have not been given much love but i like it enough that i want to keep it. It will look great next to my other avp preds.
as a mostly predator fan, every cheapening of production on predators bothers me a lot, when i see other HT figures with great details, that was the only thing that caused my comment, i'm sorry if it sounded wrong.

as a mostly predator fan, every cheapening of production on predators bothers me a lot, when i see other HT figures with great details, that was the only thing that caused my comment, i'm sorry if it sounded wrong.

Yes it is as it was said, the paint details on the face are rather dull and not that detailed for 250$ figure. The eyes look fine to me though. The cape while a nice heavy material tends to look rather thin. Where the chain was sewn onto tends to cause it to be sort of pre-folded, this makes posing the cape somewhat limited.

Nice pics collectorguy :clap Thanks for posting and I'm glad you like him, I'm excited for mine to get here. Still haven't got a ship notice from bbts yet :impatient:

Here are a few pics. Initial impressions are good. Feels solid, I don't think he'll have some of the loose joint issues I have experienced with some of the other v2 Preds. Was able to achieve a good pose with very little fiddling. Sorry about all of the reflections...being close to a window and in a case with a mirror makes it a pain to take photos.

Well I guess I'll get this and backtrack and rebuy all the AVP preds. ****in Hot Toys goin and makin me lose my mind....

They look awesome together furious1 :clap now you just need wolf, chopper, bone grill, and the other ancient to complete the clan :lecture hopefully hot toys will make the rest :pray:

Personally i think his head is too elongated, making it look like he has no neck.

Yep that is my only gripe as well, for those of you who think the eyes are off or the color is off go back and watch the scene where he shows up and gives away his spear. The figure is dead on aside from the forehead being too steep and long. The character looked pretty bad in the movie and Hot Toys is simply being accurate.

Man.....This figure is not getting a lot love. I personally think it looks fabulous and can't wait to get it.

Mine arrived today. Overall I think it's a very nice figure and I'm very happy with him. The eyes do look odd if you look at him straight on, but as long as you angle the head downwards just a bit it looks great. The cape is a nice material and it hangs very well, but I couldn't get it to sit around his neck collar. Gravity keeps pulling it back and it ends up with the chain right up against his neck. The dreads are awesome. I love the color and how long they are. My biggest gripe is that he doesn't come with a hand specially sculpted to hold his mask. I could be making this up (probably am), but I could almost swear that when Tsang teased this figure on his FB page he specifically mentioned that it would come with a special mask-holding hand. Oh well. You can still get him to hold the mask with the splayed open hand, but it's just not as secure as I would hope.

4j8acm.jpg

Mine arrived today. Overall I think it's a very nice figure and I'm very happy with him. The eyes do look odd if you look at him straight on, but as long as you angle the head downwards just a bit it looks great. The cape is a nice material and it hangs very well, but I couldn't get it to sit around his neck collar. Gravity keeps pulling it back and it ends up with the chain right up against his neck. The dreads are awesome. I love the color and how long they are. My biggest gripe is that he doesn't come with a hand specially sculpted to hold his mask. I could be making this up (probably am), but I could almost swear that when Tsang teased this figure on his FB page he specifically mentioned that it would come with a special mask-holding hand. Oh well. You can still get him to hold the mask with the splayed open hand, but it's just not as secure as I would hope.

4j8acm.jpg

Beautiful figure. Congrats! :clap

Great pictures guys !! For the first time since I've been collecting Hot Toys predators , I'm actually going to hold off on this guy . Just to many figures coming out right now and I have to make cut backs . I also think there charging too much for this guy .

Great pictures guys !! For the first time since I've been collecting Hot Toys predators , I'm actually going to hold off on this guy . Just to many figures coming out right now and I have to make cut backs . I also think there charging too much for this guy .

Totally understand your situation. I had to hold off on suicide squad for the same reason. Maybe somewhere down the line.

Back