1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that helmet that you have shown here with vader does look huge on him. the helmet he made for me looks great. I don't like any of the HT mask I don't know I just cant seem to see a great vader maybe it could be the paint apps or it`s the over sized design I don't know. I know one thing the eyes always seem to look like bug eyes when looking directly in the light. now there 1/4 scale ROTJ Vader that mask looks fantastic wish they could reproduced that in 1/6 then it would look perfect. I like the articulation on the RO body but not sure which body to use as I have the body but will see.

Yeah, it's the other issue with the Hurricane Vaders (other than the roughness of the handiwork) is that I don't like any of the available domes. He provides casts of the hasbro and Sideshow DX domes, as well as a rework of the HT dome (I think) but none look quite right. It's why I'm going to see what I can do with this HT ESB Vader - even though I think the Kaiyodo facemask is better, I really want a helmet that looks good overall.

But yeah - the ANH/RO HT sculpt has that insect look to it. Even well modded I see it, though it can be made to look really good. And that 1/4 HT vader helmet does look great. Maybe someone will shrink it down like was done with the PF Indy head. Or hopefully one day Too Much Garlic will complete and sell his 1/6 scan of the original Vader helmet. Not sure why he never actually finsiihed that project.

Great photos everyone! Wor Gar, youve got an awesome pair of Vaders. Finally getting to mess with my new ESB, I think it is broader overall than the ANH, Im still enjoying the Lforigno custom capes and tunics for my Vaders, Ill get pics up soon!

I seem to recall maybe Wor-gar saying the Iforigno capes aren't quite black enough? Not sure if they are a lycra or more cotton fabric. If they are a bit more charcoal than black, maybe they can be dyed blacker if it is an issue.

Well, got back home with my ESB Vader waiting for me... He has some amazing elements, and some just ok elements. The glove sculpt and various hand poses are really well done. The helmet looks a lot better in person, though straight on the mouth does seem a little off.
20180909_150640_zps4evyynho.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here he is compared to my modded ANH/R1 Vader.

I did try some minor alterations to the figure. I switched the suit with the V1 ANH - it's a bit more bulky and in my eye looks better with an ESB/ROTJ look. I also switched out the chest box with the smaller Sideshow one. Debating on switching the chest armor with the R1 armor.
20180909_175344_zpswxa4d4pd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I got my first ever Star Wars Hot Toys figure with this Darth Vader...and it will not be my last! Love this figure and that awesome base.

Did a little review on it below, enjoy!

Thanks for posting. I think this is the best footage I've seen of the figure, especially of the helmet.

One thing though - the gap/split in your tusk rail seems a bit more misaligned than others I've seen in pics (the "jawline" of the mask where the upper and lower half of the facemask come together.)

Question for you guys. If I were to buy this figure off of an eBay seller MISB, and there was a QC issue would I still be able to contact Sideshow to get any defective parts replaced? I do have an account with SSC.
Thanks

nope they only deal with you if you buy through them only I had the same issue years ago bought something off ebay. and they said since you bought it on line there was noting they could do.

Man, I was just gonna keep my R1 Vader as my only one, but now I may have to sell him to get the ESB Vader. The base alone is enough to tip the scale for me after seeing him on it in reviews.

nope they only deal with you if you buy through them only I had the same issue years ago bought something off ebay. and they said since you bought it on line there was noting they could do.

What I figured, Thanks! Crossing my fingers since I pulled the trigger on ebay, ran out of patience

That last video review was awesome and well thought out.Very clear and concise.
The base is a MUST.
Really hope HT gets on board with more dios like this one.

Can someone with the figure in hand help to measure it's height? I'll like to know how it scales with the Bandai 1/6 stormtrooper. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just converted my order from 3 payments to charge at time of shipping or single payment. I wonder how long that takes to convert? I thought I could be patient. Screw that.

I am a meat popsicle

I just converted my order from 3 payments to charge at time of shipping or single payment. I wonder how long that takes to convert? I thought I could be patient. Screw that.

I am a meat popsicle

I was the same with ESB Fett. They hadn't even started my plan and they were shipping so I switched it over. I think it was around a week from that point before it was actually sent out. I've got one payment left on my Vader which is early next month... I think I can wait that one out until then.

Back