1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for pictures, but I agree -- I hate that the cape once again bunches on the floor. Drives me nuts.

I'm thinking, since HT didn't hem the cape and silk lining together thankfully,

They did on mine. Hemmed! Cape and inner robe.

As for the futz, Vader is a walking shadow; if I got it right no one will notice anything ... LOL ... wrong is what you notice.

At one point I exposed a little more of his legs and shin armour, and that suddenly made him look ROTS-y. So I immediately covered it. [emoji38]

Now a lot of people have complained that the helmet moves. But that gives it the ability for very subtle asymmetric placement, which reminds me of what I saw on-screen, so that’s a win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for fun ... terrible lighting conditions.

312aa7a15aed001132023f65a3952054.jpg

Nice pic. Those are actual optimal lighting conditions for Vader though. He looks best shrouded in darkness and shadows.

True enough. Thanks, I always feel like I’m short-changing you guys with brutal iPhone snaps, but I work a lot, so proper photo shoots are seldom if ever a thing these days.

True enough. Thanks, I always feel like I’m short-changing you guys with brutal iPhone snaps, but I work a lot, so proper photo shoots are seldom if ever a thing these days.

Even with being busy with work, regardless, I wouldn’t be interested in putting money towards an expensive camera just so I can take good pictures of my figures. That’s money I could have spent on another figure. :lol

Even with being busy with work, regardless, I wouldn’t be interested in putting money towards an expensive camera just so I can take good pictures of my figures. That’s money I could have spent on another figure. :lol

Sad part is I have a nice DSLR (although I don't use macro lenses) -- just that shooting 1/6 properly isn't a priority, much fun as that would be.

Can't wait for pictures, but I agree -- I hate that the cape once again bunches on the floor. Drives me nuts.

I'm thinking, since HT didn't hem the cape and silk lining together thankfully, I may just trim the excess material off the cape myself. Need very sharp scissors and a very steady hand, but that's the fix I see in my future -- I doubt you'd even notice if my cutline isn't machine-like perfect since its lost in all those folds.

I re-hemmed the RO cape shorter to get it off the floor and that turned out nice.

I know it would drive some here crazy, but I might actually consider making mine a bit taller (by maybe 1/4") to see if it improves the overall proportions at all. Because I can't help but think he looks too stocky in most of the pics and reviews I've seen.

Just for fun ... terrible lighting conditions.

How did you keep the cape from dragging?

@ Wor Gar @ ZE_501
My cape is hemmed but my inner robe is not :lol
Nice shot ZE ����✨

:slap You're right, I was thinking of the tunic. Damn. There goes that idea.

My cape is about a 1/3 inch too long.

Has there been any shots of this figure with a gang of Snowtroopers yet? Thought we would’ve had at least a few by now.

How did you keep the cape from dragging?

Mad futzing. Combination of setting it back a bit on the shoulders, having the body as upright as possible, plus notice that both arms are cocked subtly upwards, which act to raise it slightly. It still drags and bunches but not so much as before, and mostly around the sides and back, leaving a clear view in front or even partial profile.

It really should be shorter. I almost want to get it tailored.

[...]I was thinking of the tunic. Damn. There goes that idea.

My cape is about a 1/3 inch too long.

Yeah, on second look --- tunic isn't hemmed, cape is.

I'm thinking, since HT didn't hem the cape and silk lining together thankfully, I may just trim the excess material off the cape myself. Need very sharp scissors and a very steady hand, but that's the fix I see in my future -- I doubt you'd even notice if my cutline isn't machine-like perfect since its lost in all those folds.

I re-hemmed the RO cape shorter to get it off the floor and that turned out nice.

I know you may have changed your mind already, but for cutting fabric I HIGHLY recommend getting a rotary cutter. It looks like a mini pizza cutter that’s as sharp as an exacto blade. It rolls across the fabric so that it doesn’t stretch or distort the fabric as it cuts. My wife had one that I used for the first time not long ago. It was AMAZING. I’ll never try to cut fabric any other way again. They come in many sizes, the one she has is quite small. It is the same size as a standard exacto knife for model building, but with the rolling wheel blade. That size is great for tight curves or small details. A bigger blade would be great for large gentle curves or just larger pieces of fabric in general.

71XwUaLqlCL._SX425_.jpg

Anyone in the know knows what kind of fabric the cloak is made of? My better half loves the figure but is jealous that he has better quality clothing then any of her stuff, and now she wants to know what it is so she can go shopping :rotfl

This beast showed up today and I'm well *****king happy about him. Really well done. Some inaccuracies of course, but overall a great first Vader for my collection. Tested out all the lights, and everything is in working order. Didn't actually put the led arm on the figure, wouldn't ever use it lit so skipped the hassle. Excuse the ****** phone pic. Looks great next to my desk while I work.

dfd.jpg

Back