1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to keep my order. Its the cheapest Vader available and I know HT is gonna jack up the price for ROTJ. It'll probably go to $300 :slap And Im concerned about the reveal helmet. This one can barely hold together, imagine when its actually intended to open. It would be smarter to have 2 separate sculpts but I doubts they will be that generous. I'll just try to mod this as best I can. Hopefully someone will figure out how to improve it.

Silent majority knows it's a solid figure. Many of the people complaining already have previous versions and try to justify the preorder cancels to save $ :lol

Its not a perfect figure but despite the last 10 pages I can't get it to look bad, it's just a solid Vader. How solid I'll know when I got it in hand, not from cellphone reviews online.

Silent majority knows it's a solid figure. Many of the people complaining already have previous versions and try to justify the preorder cancels to save $ :lol

Its not a perfect figure but despite the last 10 pages I can't get it to look bad, it's just a solid Vader. How solid I'll know when I got it in hand, not from cellphone reviews online.

This is also my position. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silent majority knows it's a solid figure. Many of the people complaining already have previous versions and try to justify the preorder cancels to save $ [emoji38]

Pretty much the way I see it as well. This thread has been a hoot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is where two seperate layers of cape is seen in the movie. It is interesting they can't nail the tusk angle why they can pay attention to these details.

View attachment 424006

how many vaders across all formats have failed to nail the mask? its seldom done. A cape is about as easy as it gets. Why would you be shocked that the elusive perfect vader helmet is not present on this figure?

this forum is just full of complainers. im surprised you people are collectors given your state of perpetual unhappiness with almost everything that is released.

How is the switch on the back of the belt rigged up? Is it fixed on the suit or belt?

Seems like a weird place to put batteries. Personally I am not a fan of lights, I would prefer them to just paint the various lights as if they were lit. The only way I could ever truly get on board with lights on a figure is if there was a remote to turn them all on at the same time. Seems silly to have to turn the switch on the stand, then the two separate belt boxes and then the chest box.

How is the switch on the back of the belt rigged up? Is it fixed on the suit or belt?

Seems like a weird place to put batteries. Personally I am not a fan of lights, I would prefer them to just paint the various lights as if they were lit. The only way I could ever truly get on board with lights on a figure is if there was a remote to turn them all on at the same time. Seems silly to have to turn the switch on the stand, then the two separate belt boxes and then the chest box.
Don't forget the one for the saber too. Lol

I agree, they should rig it so its all on seemless press of one button.

I have the 1:4 Iron Studios and same issue. Switch for chest. Switch for boxes. Switch for the base and saber. And what's more is you have to remove the belt and chest to activate it. Such a hassle it becomes pointless.

I have the 1:4 Iron Studios and same issue. Switch for chest. Switch for boxes. Switch for the base and saber. And what's more is you have to remove the belt and chest to activate it. Such a hassle it becomes pointless.

:lol OMFG I forgot about the saber. Then you have to turn them all off afterwards, assuming the batteries haven't died in the 5 minutes the lights were turned on.

[emoji38] OMFG I forgot about the saber. Then you have to turn them all off afterwards, assuming the batteries haven't died in the 5 minutes the lights were turned on.
Exactly lol that's why I feel these things should have a plug in option honestly. Only way the Cathode Sabers work. None of the wireless/battery options have been good enough imo.

Have a plug in wire running out of the base. Have an option for an alternate metal plug foot that goes into the base and have all the electronics connected through the body that way.

How are the batteries changed once they are depleted? I don't think it's easy.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not trying to justify a cancellation. I'm trying not to get screwed over. I'm not buying something that the dome may fly off of with a touch or the face plate pop off due to a lack of glue etc. I'll continue to watch this thread closely and may even have my figure checked before its sent out. I simply won't play around with my hard earned money.

Yeah I wanted this version and will buy an Empire Vader once a version is released that looks like Empire Vader to my eyes. I don't want to be a downer on a figure that represents the greatest movie villain of all time from the film that best exemplifies to me why he is known as that. I want Empire Vader in my collection because that's the definitive version I want on the shelf. But the sculpt on the face, the way the helmet sits (I'm sure that can be corrected some but not the flare), and quite honestly the material of the cape and tunic. Dat cape need to hang and drape!!!!
I am waiting this out until I see more photos from this community who know how to properly futz and come up with mods. I hope I don't have to wait for Jedi Vader because I want the base and do not want a reveal mask because I'll never use it and would much rather have a separate head. It's cool to take it apart, but the seems in real life cannot be hidden away with movie magic....especially in 1/6th scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW what type of batteries does the base use?

Personally I am not a fan of lights, I would prefer them to just paint the various lights as if they were lit. The only way I could ever truly get on board with lights on a figure is if there was a remote to turn them all on at the same time. Seems silly to have to turn the switch on the stand, then the two separate belt boxes and then the chest box.

Neither am I. I prefer collectibles without the inclusions of batteries. The tiny cell batteries tend to leak in time. My HT ANH Vader was modded by JazzInc to use USB and 220V

Leaked batteries in collectibles 1.jpg

Agreed. I only use the lightsaber and base light for Iron Studios Vader which are turned on from the back button, and uses AA batteries (replaced by Eneloops, which don't leak). Removed all those pesky cell batteries as soon as I've seen them working.

Does these figures come with batteries installed or outside? Do you take all out?

it's weird he doesn't have the "long face" in your pictures

maybe they shipped several sculpts:lol

I don't know anymore honestly

I didn't use a phone to take the photos. I stepped back a metre and zoomed in with my SLR. I expect the long face is mostly due to distortion caused by close up shots. In hand it looks a touch long faced vs the ANH Vader, but no where near as much as some pics suggest.

Batteries on previous figures I've got from HT have had them in a separate little plastic pocket in the packaging. It was like that for the ANH Vader and Death Trooper at least.

This definitely feels like one to get in hand. Futz. And then enjoy. I've loved SW since I was 6 yrs old and thought I knew quite a bit about it but the sheer level of detail and knowledge of some people makes me feel like an absolute noob, even after 39 years of it.

I just want to look over my shoulder and see Vader. Big, horrible, cloaked bastard. Minor discrepancies won't affect that. My Luke Snowspeeder figure apparently isn't a perfect reproduction of Mark Hamill in his costume and the weathering on the helmet apparently isn't entirely movie accurate (by all accounts it's way off) but when I look at it it's Luke in his Hoth gear after being shot down by that AT-AT. No question.

Bloody wonky tusks.

Back