1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the dome seems to extend a bit higher on the RO one. I'm not sure which is more accurate, but I'd be really curious to see them switched.

yeah that's a thought .Might improve the Rogue One a lot since my main gripe with the RO is the dome which always looks too short in the back

Yeah the dome seems to extend a bit higher on the RO one.

Dome is titled back on ESB - that 1/8th of an inch matters in macro photos. Look at the open space between helmet and shoulder on the RO one. That bothers me more than the perceived shorter dome. And now it will bother you :D

Seriously though, I think the ESB is looking better and better. I don't like the mouth, but didn't Lucas say they made the "mouth" and the eyes bigger on the ESB helmets to make Vader look more 'sympathetic' to use his word?

Just when I start to think this doesn't look so bad, I see pics of it next to the RO Vader with it's much better looking mask, and it suddenly looks really off again. :p
Agree...the mask is a mess...and what makes it even more disappointing is that they'll probably reuse it on the ROTJ version:(
At least that got that ****ing nose plug right......!!!!!

It's about the only thing that's done better...along with the wee indent scars below the eyes..

Ah we’re getting to that stage now. :lol

“This thing is a flaming pile of garbage! Cancel now!”

“Well, ah, actually, on second thought, it’s starting to grow on me. It doesn’t look that bad.”

It’s inevitable, but I just didn’t expect it to happen so quick, like literally overnight. Usually it takes a couple of weeks at least.

Maybe if you put the ESB dome on the RO the RO would be the ultimate 1:6 Darth Vader!

Lord Valefor, still in pre-cancellatrion mode

Few more.
d957d185094179d82c7c6260b4e38f5a.jpg
99924ca6c3e28b6788fb9b26850cf5df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice comparison pics kylo...looks like the helmet is a new sculpt.

The cuts in the tusks don't look so noticeable in Kylo Ren's absolutely amazing photo of the ESB helmet.

The grill inside the mouth looks cheap, like Hasbro, but I suppose its accurate. A little light silver drybrushing might help.

Dome is titled back on ESB - that 1/8th of an inch matters in macro photos. Look at the open space between helmet and shoulder on the RO one. That bothers me more than the perceived shorter dome. And now it will bother you :D

Seriously though, I think the ESB is looking better and better. I don't like the mouth, but didn't Lucas say they made the "mouth" and the eyes bigger on the ESB helmets to make Vader look more 'sympathetic' to use his word?

Well Lucas definitely made the eyes seem bigger by lifting the dome, but did they actually change the design and shape of the underlying mask? I've never really noticed any difference myself, and the mouth still seems about the same size to me.

And trust me, the dome being too short in the back is the one thing that continually bugs me about my RO Vader. Looking at this pic, it's clear that HT at least got the proportions a lot better on that part of things. I'll have to see now if I can pick up an ESB head at some point so I can use it's dome.

Capturrtte.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 19.09.44.jpg

Just a quick screen grab from Harmy's theatrical release of ESB as Vader is in his meditation chamber talking to Piett and the tusks here so seem to point downwards a little even though Vader's head is tilted up slightly. They certainly seem to follow the top line rather than the lower one on this. The eyes are also larger and similar to the in hand picture posted earlier.

The cuts in the tusks don't look so noticeable in Kylo Ren's absolutely amazing photo of the ESB helmet.

The grill inside the mouth looks cheap, like Hasbro, but I suppose its accurate. A little light silver drybrushing might help.

Yeah, my first impressions of this figure aren’t favorable. It just doesn’t look good to me. However, I also don’t think it’s being given a fair chance. Some better pictures and futzing may go a long way. If it can be futzed to at least look halfway decent, I could personally overlook little inaccuracies such as the dome being slightly too high or low, or a slightly oversized chest box.

Once more and more people start receiving it (provided they don’t cancel), you’ll start seeing more and more pictures and more and more people futzing with it, which will give a better gauge to the potential this figure may have.

If something requires some heavy modding though in order to look good, I don’t consider it a good figure. Modding and simple futzing are two different things to me.

Back