1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

I really like ESB Vader, but I honestly just can't justify having more than one Vader in my collection. I consider him along the same lines as Chewie. Sure there's subtle differences, but if you have one, you almost have them all. Chewie is Chewie, and Vader is Vader, no matter which one you have.

I think I'm likely just going to stick with my ANH Vader because I just about have all of the original characters from that specific film, and having the entire cast from the first SW film to me is a bit more iconic.

If I did upgrade, I'd probably just upgrade to the 2.0 ANH Vader if I were to get a new Vader.

Just say it - "I bought Winston instead of ESB Vader.":lol

Haha. Actually, I bought Winston in lieu of Hoth Leia. Though I might get her somewhere down the line.

"If you think he's so cool, why don't you be Winston?" I was actually thinking that even myself even before that kid said that. Although let's be honest, if someone were to guess which kid was which character without reading their name plates, they'd probably guess he's Winston. :lol

I'm just waiting on the 1/4 scale. Whyyyy can't they do that Vader. why !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because nobody buys 1/4 scale?

Has anybody else picked up on the ESB Vader? I've been looking around for more info and haven't found anything.

Haha. Actually, I bought Winston in lieu of Hoth Leia. Though I might get her somewhere down the line.

"If you think he's so cool, why don't you be Winston?" I was actually thinking that even myself even before that kid said that. Although let's be honest, if someone were to guess which kid was which character without reading their name plates, they'd probably guess he's Winston. :lol

:rotfl

Ernie Hudson has had a really bad last month for GB - first the Winston fig comes out with bad apps (and this after Winston always being the last "do I really need him or save the $?" choice for everyone buying the EB figs) and then that scene in Stranger Things happens.:lol

Well, at least he can say that ST Season 2 was pretty weak compared to Season 1, so he gets his revenge.:lecture

And hey - someone passed on Carrie in ESB to get Winston. Ernie's like...:yess::hi5:

nice try Hot Toys but I'll wait for the ROTJ version with full head sculpt.

nice try Hot Toys but I'll wait for the ROTJ version with full head sculpt.

hqdefault.jpg

I hope the base is that light up platform where Vader knelt before the Emperor to discuss Luke.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Does anyone actually think this will be any different from HT R1 or ANH Vader besides the gloves?

Nice, ESB/ROTJ was always my favourite style of armour, with the chest armour on full display, and nice shiny helmet.

Time to upgrade my SS Vader!

Yes.

Gloves, chest box, belt boxes, chin grill, helmet placement, no widow's peak... there's more.

Looks the same to me. They probably won’t change a thing. Especially the details everyone wants them to change.

Sat and actually read the page today and it says they'll be showing off the prototype ESB Vader at the Hot Toys store starting next Thursday, so we should have some good pics then. It probably will go up for order next week too.

Hope we see some new pics with the belt and codpiece lifted up higher. Because I'm having a hard time getting excited looking at the poorly futzed figure in the current pic.

Hope we see some new pics with the belt and codpiece lifted up higher. Because I'm having a hard time getting excited looking at the poorly futzed figure in the current pic.

What's wrong with current pics futzing?

Attachments

• Vaderfettcloudcity.jpg
    Vaderfettcloudcity.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 2017-11-16 20.28.16.jpg
    2017-11-16 20.28.16.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 282

Damn it Hot Toys. Now I don't know whether to get the two pack, or just grab Tarkin on his own and wait to see how the ESB Vader turns out... :lol

Back