1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

So is this gonna he some kind of exclusive and a limited run? Or will it be a regular release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope the face comes off, just like in the movie (different than the ROTJ reveal) and we get a pissed off Anakin underneath.

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/714279VADERHELMETS.png

6287959e.jpg
52bf05dbd45ba835164fab01d8b5f6a8.jpg
ldvader2.jpg

First of all. Please Hot Toys- DO NOT make the gloves fabric like you did with ANH. You will lose my sale.
Second- in all fairness, we never saw Anakins face in ESB so technically you could just include the back of his head sculpt and be accurate. but hey- DONT do that either.

I really hope the face comes off, just like in the movie (different than the ROTJ reveal) and we get a pissed off Anakin underneath.

https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/714279VADERHELMETS.png

View attachment 377376
View attachment 377375
View attachment 377374

Yup! If they do decide to have only the back of his head visible, then they better have his meditation chamber coming. Otherwise it would be pretty stupid. Nobody would display Vader standing up without the back of his helmet on...

My guess is they will have the full face visible, but it just isn't ready to be shown off yet.

I didn't expect a reveal anytime soon because of the Tarkin two-pack. I don't know if I'll order this one. I might bite, but I hope he'll at least come with a chain for his cape.

If you guys could get just one, would you get ESB Vader or ROTJ Vader? I have Bespin Luke, but plan on getting ROTJ Luke also... dilemmas.

ESB Vader seems to be the most popular because of Empire's popularity. Also, many think Vader reached his full potential of evil in that movie.

Damn I thought this was the 1/4 scale Vader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I'll probably grab this one then. I'm not sure if I can even notice too many differences between ESB and ROTJ Vader's suit, compared to ANH which is obviously different.

ESB Vader seems to be the most popular because of Empire's popularity. Also, many think Vader reached his full potential of evil in that movie.

Agreed. He was legit evil in this one. In ROTJ, he was more conflicted. I will say Vader in between ANH and ESB (comics) is best Vader. He's ruthless, pissed, and powerful.

I've been waiting for this one. ESB Vader is a proper villain and a smooooth criminal.

I currently display my SS Vader with HS facing backwards!! Adds to the mystery!! IMG_1613.jpg

This Vader looks spot on. The helmet is right, the pleats seem correct, the chest box detail is correct, and the gloves look sculpted to me.

As an ESB Vader costumer, this is a must have for me.

The helmet flare is fine. Here is my ESB helmet.

e734b58ee8d000656cc3e90a3b13ac33.jpg

HT even got the uneven flare right!!!!

About time! Can’t wait for this

Interesting.

But I'll be skipping this one for the eventual RotJ version, to compliment my RO version.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

It’s hard to tell from the initial image, but some of Vader’s costume looks (to me) like they might even be photoshopped in. During some of the most detailed Vader close ups in ESB, the film negative was reversed (when he’s talking to the emperor). That might be why Kaiyodo had a great sculpt but the asymmetry was the opposite of what it should have been. In this little Hot Toys photo, the slope of the mouth looks to be going the wrong way (like Kaiyodo) so I hope that’s just some weird photo anomaly and that HT didn’t go off of images that were reversed on film. They’ve had plenty of real reference, etc. to choose from by now. The dome looks just a bit too roomy and it looks like it’s the ANH dome. I don’t see that they even shaved off the widows peak. I’m sure this is just a cobbled together prototype just for the promo image. The neck area looks a lot better proportioned (shorter and wider), but again it could just be PS’d. Looking forward to more reveals.

Last edited:

If you guys could get just one, would you get ESB Vader or ROTJ Vader? I have Bespin Luke, but plan on getting ROTJ Luke also... dilemmas.

I'd get the former, for the same reasons others have already given.

First of all. Please Hot Toys- DO NOT make the gloves fabric like you did with ANH. You will lose my sale.

Judging by that picture, it kind of looks like that may be the case from what I can see.

Back