1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ESB - Darth Vader

After doing some reading on the more info page, I think it's referring to both of them (Vader and Boba) when it says release in 6/2018.. That's crazy if true.

Looking forward to this! Will look perfect paired with DX07 Luke!

About time. It didn't make sense that HT would skip this version in favor of going straight to ROTJ without first milking this. Now we're back to HT SOP.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Darth Vader

Nice! I like that they’re finally doing proper belt-holding hands.

Is it my imagination, or have they gone back to the 2-piece glove style they did with the original ANH release?

Any chance the entire helmet comes off to reveal the pissed Vader sculpt? The ROTJ can have the happy Anakin sculpt. It seems like they may have detailed the face based on the back of head and ears. But I fear the face may be a moldy thumb like the SS lol.

Any chance the entire helmet comes off to reveal the pissed Vader sculpt? The ROTJ can have the happy Anakin sculpt. It seems like they may have detailed the face based on the back of head and ears. But I fear the face may be a moldy thumb like the SS lol.

If it's based on ESB then it'll probably be only the back of the head. Unless Lucasfilm/Disney allows them otherwise. Also, I never known (or noticed) Hot Toys to take creative license with anything. An example would be with the Predators line. Berserker had a fully detailed face sculpt and separate mask while Falconer and Tracker didn't because they never took theirs off.

There's also the reason for that sweet milking potential of releasing a ROTJ version with stub hand, full face, etc.

the reason for that sweet milking

That's the true reason, with the excuse that it is "movie specific"... therefore ESB deliberately did not show the face.

It does defeat the true purpose of an ESB Vader after all. You want to see the face, wait for the ROTJ Vader.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Sold my ANH Vader just in time. I was so close to pulling the trigger on the Tarkin 2 pack..or was I?

So different vents on mask, different cod piece and different gloves.......anything else anyone can notice??

I prefer to not see Hayden Christensen's face. Really in any way, shape, or form. :)

Now I know where my RPs might be going...

No widows peak on dome. Feel like the dome has a huge flare on this one.

ANH is my favourite version, but I have to say, this looks very tempting.

Same here.

Didn't Vader have a shorter tunic on Hoth? Maybe that could have been an added difference or as a bonus.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Darth Vader

Is it my imagination, or have they gone back to the 2-piece glove style they did with the original ANH release?

It's not your imagination, I saw it as well even before reading your post. It looks like the gloves have the same two-piece effect going on that the 1.0 ANH Vader has. Can't really tell, but the gloves most definitely look to have some sort of soft fabric over them. I can't imagine an entire one-piece glove could be like that.

Jedi Luke going to have to wait a couple years to duel his opponent:( But it figures, no one would have bought ESB after ROTJ. The sideshow DX have to do for awhile.

Not a fan of those extreme pleats but ESB is king and therefore this must be mine. Also no bald fat guy sculpt, please...just a meditation chamber!

I was always under the impression that there was less flare on the ESB helmet than the ANH version ( can anyone clarify? ) but there doesn’t seem like much of a difference in that pic. Loving the gloves and removable helmet though, plus ESB is my grail film. This will be mine.

IMG_7064.JPG

Back