1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

No just Empire. THE Star Wars film. Hope this kicks off a wave of others like Bespin Han and Lando.

Looks like maybe we'll get an ESB figure every few months? First there was Yoda and Snowtroopers, then Leia, now this. Hopeing to see Han next.

Looks like maybe we'll get an ESB figure every few months? First there was Yoda and Snowtroopers, then Leia, now this. Hopeing to see Han next.
I'm hoping for a Commander Skywalker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've been off the radar for a bit, can someone shed some light on the Hot Toy Vaders? I know this is ESB, so that's clear.

Is the Vader in the Tarkin Two pack the same as R1 Vader?

Looks like HT has finally made a Vader that looks pretty screen accurate.:clap I wonder how close to $300 this will land.

I just found the reference pic HT has been using for their Vader inner robes:

gl_vt_mn_lg_bermuda_black-a.jpg

Vader at his peak. Pre-pre-ordered.

... and for some reason including the ANH widows peak.

I was wondering if there are any die hard Vader fans here would collect all Hot Toy version so far - old ANH - R1 - new ANH with Tarkin - this ESB, and possible ROTJ/ROTS in the future :lightsabe

I might consider ROTS Vader to go with ESB, but not every iteration. I would if I could afford it, but no chance lol. It would be cool to have him from every movie side by side.

Ep I (Street Racing) Anni, Ep 2 Padawan (Psycho) Anakin, Ep 3 Jedi Knight (MVP) Anakin, Ep 3 (Twisted) Sith Anakin, Ep 3 (Fresh and Clean) Vader, Rogue One (Wrecking Ball) Vader, ANH (Thug) Vader, ESB (Evil Mastermind) Vader, and ROTJ (Proud but Abusive Papa) Vader.

It would be glorious.

Looks like HT has finally made a Vader that looks pretty screen accurate.:clap I wonder how close to $300 this will land.

I just found the reference pic HT has been using for their Vader inner robes:

gl_vt_mn_lg_bermuda_black-a.jpg

... and for some reason including the ANH widows peak.

Contrary to popular believes, there is actually a very soft widow's peak on the ESV helmet. It is the ROTJ helmet that is totally missing the peak.

Here is my ESB helmet. You can see the soft peak there.
0605caa04bb5172b6cebde7c5e3f26dd.jpg

Cool looking base design (flashing lights?) looks like it'll be over $250, maybe $270? HT always finding a way to raise the bar... and price :/

No just Empire. THE Star Wars film. Hope this kicks off a wave of others like Bespin Han and Lando.

Bespin Han would be a must have for me. The Sideshow Bespin Han was my very first “high end” figure.

Cool looking base design (flashing lights?) looks like it'll be over $250, maybe $270? HT always finding a way to raise the bar... and price :/

Hoping and praying for $250. But that base is really nice.

What are the chances they throw in a standard base too? Sort of like the Deluxe Boba.

I was wondering if there are any die hard Vader fans here would collect all Hot Toy version so far - old ANH - R1 - new ANH with Tarkin - this ESB, and possible ROTJ/ROTS in the future :lightsabe

Sold the R1 but I have ANH that I'm modding for a mythos Vader, have Tarken 2 pack on order, and I will absolutely grab ESB and ROTJ when they both come out. The more Vaders, the better!

Are the pleats on ESB tunic screen accurate? I never remember seeing those but maybe for 30 years I've just been missing it?? Only wish they'd make it a DX and include meditation chamber too.

The tight ribbed tunic is much too "tailored" looking but may be futzable with water treatment and some pinching here and there.

They way HT has done it you lose the ribbed tunic in the lines of the ribbed leather undersuit.

Wow with the Bespin Base...argh looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice exposed head but unless it is offered as a second head (i.e. SS) there really is no purpose for it as who will display their $300 Darth Vader backwards with a exposed head. Its a Catch 22 really. You can’t have a HT ESB Vader without the exposed head, But who really will be displaying it this was? Meaning…..two heads please!!!

Well, because i'm a huge sucker for awesome characters made by HT, I am 100% getting this. Exposed head and gantry suckered me in. Plus it's ESB Darth Vader. *squeals like a schoolgirl on helium*

Figures like ESB Vader are IMO the “Main Event” and the reason why we collect $200 to 300+ figures. It does put in to perspective why we waist money on C or D list background characters too.

Figures like ESB Vader are IMO the “Main Event” and the reason why we collect $200 to 300+ figures. It does put in to perspective why we waist money on C or D list background characters too.

Very true! Well said

Wow! 2 days ago this was a pass for me. But that base is awesome. Now I am going to have to give this one some serious thought. I wonder if HT is planning on rereleasing a single version of Luke Bespin with a second connecting part of the base?

Back