1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been on it for a couple of weeks now, so not high.

Sideshow was the last option for me, even with the shipping and import charges. eBay prices are insane atm.

It makes me wonder if Hot Toys will actually do the ROTJ version, they can't seem to touch figures that Sideshow are producing, being their primary distributor. No OT Pilots, Drivers, Scouts etc. Maybe in a few years....

Sideshow was the last option for me, even with the shipping and import charges. eBay prices are insane atm.

It makes me wonder if Hot Toys will actually do the ROTJ version, they can't seem to touch figures that Sideshow are producing, being their primary distributor. No OT Pilots, Drivers, Scouts etc. Maybe in a few years....

Sideshow did Maul, Hot Toys also did Maul, so it's not impossible. I think a ROTJ Vader is likely but probably not for a couple of years.

I think Hot Toys did their quater scale RoTJ Vader instead of a 1:6 release, or, hopefully just wait a bit before doing a 1:6 release. I'm very happy with the ESB release, but if they do a RoTJ one I'll have to see if its an upgrade. If not I will very likely pass, ESB is both my favourite Star Wars movie and Vader at his best.

ESB Vader looks great as it is, it has accuracy issues, but all figures have, ROTJ will too, so no big problem. It comes with a beautiful base and is great as it out of box. I won't use the ROTJ Anakin head anyway, the same way I didn't on my 1/4 HT Vader, it is nice to have, but in the end it stays in the parts bin. So not sure if I'll want a ROTJ Vader, unless it is a huge improvement over the other HT Vaders.

I think Hot Toys did their quater scale RoTJ Vader instead of a 1:6 release, or, hopefully just wait a bit before doing a 1:6 release. I'm very happy with the ESB release, but if they do a RoTJ one I'll have to see if its an upgrade. If not I will very likely pass, ESB is both my favourite Star Wars movie and Vader at his best.

They did 1/4 Boba ROTJ and still did a 1/6 version.

And people will continue to buy them because Vader is so iconic. Can't see them missing the opportunity to release yet another Vader.

Now for a custom wired cape and one of those nice jazz INC dioramas 18A3D302-9529-4F04-8794-C274D02CF530.jpg

Finally got somewhere to ?properly? display a few of my HT figures. Forgive me, I?m not much of a futzer, but went with this pose for now.

ED0A158C-2C70-4752-A0D9-198FE37D45DA.jpeg

Favorite Vader from my favorite SW movie. Glad to finally have this on display!

Made a video featuring Kylo and Vader busts featuring ESB vader while working from home. I've had them for a while but only recently had the chance to unbox them. Think they seriously look great together!

Made a video featuring Kylo and Vader busts featuring ESB vader while working from home. I've had them for a while but only recently had the chance to unbox them. Think they seriously look great together!

Love that video.:clap

Great collection too.

So I got this new TESB Dagobah vader from Gentle Giant. If it wasn't so small (1:8, Vader is 9inches) (Well it's not tiny, but not large enough either) , it would be one of the best Vader statue ever. The head sculpt is the best of all the Vaders I've seen over the years . Dome and facemask sculpt are amazing IMO and proportioned correctly. Dome flare is exactly like it should be. I also love the pose.

But part of the base was broken so already have a replacement on the way and have to send this one back. It's made of very fragile resin/polystone?

The online promo images of this statue are TERRIBLE and it looks 1000X better in person

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star...s-back-darth-vader-collectors-gallery-statue/

Attachments

• IMG_1498-002.JPG
    IMG_1498-002.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1488-001 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1488-001 (Medium).JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 308
I got it standing next to my HT RO vader and the Gentle Giant looks a lot more movie accurate head wise

I'll be a good companion piece until the make a perfect 1:6 figure

Attachments

• IMG_1495-001 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1495-001 (Medium).JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 298
Back