1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh. It sucks but you?re probably right.

[emoji1696][emoji1696] the 1/4 scale doesn?t see a similar fate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSC's shipping is comparable to other companies for non-US customers, I think. And when considering their excellent customer support, I wouldn't consider another vendor unless there is huge price difference.

Anyone's Vader arrive with the top of the head missing? I can't tell if its actually stuck inside the helmet.

DarthVader_1_forum.jpgDarthVader_2_forum.jpg

Anyone's Vader arrive with the top of the head missing? I can't tell if its actually stuck inside the helmet.

View attachment 506093View attachment 506094

Mine came with the upper part of the face mask unglued but not this piece. Yours will be stuck inside the helmet. You should be able to remove it with little effort. The dome usually barely just attaches to that part that is currently stuck in your Vader?s dome

Mine came with the upper part of the face mask unglued but not this piece. Yours will be stuck inside the helmet. You should be able to remove it with little effort. The dome usually barely just attaches to that part that is currently stuck in your Vader?s dome

Thanks man you were spot on. Took the piece out and stuck it back on his head, however it keeps getting stuck in the dome everytime I place it on his head. The dome is loose too and typically falls off. I guess its a known issue.
Whats really dumb though, is the designers made a hole in Vader's head so the top part of the mask could slot in there and stay firm. But they don't use it, there is no peg on the top part to slot in. Odd design mistakes, especially since this is a re-release. Maybe I'll consider super glueing the top part on, but will think about it.
The figure is absolutely beautiful though, not regretting the purchase at all.

Thanks man you were spot on. Took the piece out and stuck it back on his head, however it keeps getting stuck in the dome everytime I place it on his head. The dome is loose too and typically falls off. I guess its a known issue.
Whats really dumb though, is the designers made a hole in Vader's head so the top part of the mask could slot in there and stay firm. But they don't use it, there is no peg on the top part to slot in. Odd design mistakes, especially since this is a re-release. Maybe I'll consider super glueing the top part on, but will think about it.

If you glue it, use E-6000, it is elastic and good for plastics.

YW. Yeah Hot Toys really should have made the dome connect with magnets. Would have solved this. I?ve yet to glue mines top half, I don?t ever plan on selling it as it?s one of my favorites and it sits perfectly fine. Glad you?re enjoying Vader

If you glue it, use E-6000, it is elastic and good for plastics.
Excellent thanks I will try it! I was planning to use Loctite, although I don't have too much experience with the best glues for plastics. I remember using gorilla glue once on a figure, and it wasn't very good, left a white residue and didn't hold.

YW. Yeah Hot Toys really should have made the dome connect with magnets. Would have solved this. I?ve yet to glue mines top half, I don?t ever plan on selling it as it?s one of my favorites and it sits perfectly fine. Glad you?re enjoying Vader
Ya true would've been amazing if they made the top piece a magnet. Hot Toys if you're watching this thread, *wink wink* listen to the community's advice lol.

I finally got my HT ESB Vader after being on the edge for a long time, as I already had the ROTJ Sideshow version. Although I get the feeling that both figures have their flaws, this has definitely been an improvement. The figure looks awesome and accurate in hand, particularly when it comes to its body proportions. I thought the chest box in the HT version was too big, but rewatching some scenes I realise that its size does change from scene to scene, and it does look quite big in the "I am your father" bit. It looks like they made it quite scene-specific, which is a bit of a pity considering how great Vader looks in other scenes.

Nevertheless, I'm really happy that I got this and I have already sold my old ROTJ Vader. Here you have a comparison shot:

img_20210216_213709.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

I've flip flopped on this a few times but having the sideshow vader is probably the main reason I havent picked this up. It just doesnt seem like a major improvement for the money. I do have a bunch of sideshow rewards though...

Have this on a payment plan with Toyswonderland, final payment April. Hoping HT finally put that new Bespin Luke up for pre-order to go with Vader.

I got my Vader last weekend. Except for the Luke DX years ago this is my first non-Iron Man figure. Finally Luke has company!

I just noticed this upcoming Gentle Giant 1:6 bust and it looks like the most accurate Vader head sculpt I've ever seen.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-a-new-hope-darth-vader-mini-bust/?Click=203/

Considering the inaccurate head sculpts on the Hot toys Vader (ESB ,ANH and RO) so far , does anyone think it would be possible to chop off the head on this bust and make a custom head for the Hot toys Vader body of your choice?

I just noticed this upcoming Gentle Giant 1:6 bust and it looks like the most accurate Vader head sculpt I've ever seen.

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/star-wars-a-new-hope-darth-vader-mini-bust/?Click=203/

Considering the inaccurate head sculpts on the Hot toys Vader (ESB ,ANH and RO) so far , does anyone think it would be possible to chop off the head on this bust and make a custom head for the Hot toys Vader body of your choice?

Definitely think it?d be possible. Would be interested to see this.

Really hope we?ll see the 1/4 ROTJ Vader just shrunk down to 1/6

yeah, but this bust seems even more accurate than the 1:4 hot toys . It's the first time I think Vader looks movie like at first glance without something nagging me. And apart from the widows peak he looks very ESB/ROTJ too, (shiny and helmet position)

Hot Toys ESB vs Gentle Giant bust. wow it's like a 1000% improvement

Attachments

• esb.jpg
    esb.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 197
  • bust.jpg
    bust.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 195
  • vader.jpg
    vader.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 146

The most accurate Vader sculpt? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back