1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

But why the not accurate widows peak. It's what differentiates this figure from the others

R1 Vader made the SS Deluxe (which I own) look inferior displayed next to each other at a local collectable store. Detail for Detail R1 ranked supreme. However the SS Deluxe Vader looks damn near perfect displayed alone on its shelf at home. It is only the owner (us) who know these details, nobody else cares!! To them any 1/6 scale is amazing when compared to their 3 3/4” actions figure they might have owned from the 80’s. I am fortunate to own a $250 SS Darth Vader and it feels wrong and “spoiled” to even think of spending another $300 for a upgrade. I don’t really know what I’m saying but I hope you understand.

Don't know about anyone else, but I understand completely. If anything, I'm just relieved that I am not as OCD when it comes to Vader. I know some are, and that's awesome, as I am OCD about other characters. I think it would be difficult to ever be happy with a Vader, and the quest for the perfect Vader would never end. On one side of the coin, that's actually a really cool thing. On the other side of the coin, it could get expensive, frustrating, and I'd lose enjoyment of whatever Vader I currently had...

There is no "amalgamation" that is satisfactory to create the "perfect Vader". That does not exist.

So just buy the various versions (ANH and ESB) and enjoy the differences, small but present.

So I was thinking, there seems to be a lot of talk about this being a limited release. Which makes me think, will there be a more broader release of the figure to come, i.e ESB Vader and re-issue Bespin Luke 2 pack, or a DX Vader with 2 head sculpts (ESB, and ROTJ)?

Don't know about anyone else, but I understand completely. If anything, I'm just relieved that I am not as OCD when it comes to Vader. I know some are, and that's awesome, as I am OCD about other characters. I think it would be difficult to ever be happy with a Vader, and the quest for the perfect Vader would never end. On one side of the coin, that's actually a really cool thing. On the other side of the coin, it could get expensive, frustrating, and I'd lose enjoyment of whatever Vader I currently had...

The "perfect" Vader is simply your favorite version.

Really surprised they still have the widow's peak on there, since it seems like one of the first changes you'd make for an ESB Vader. The sharp pleats on the tunic probably aren't that big a deal though, since the tunic needs to be pushed to the side to expose more of his chest anyway.

So I was thinking, there seems to be a lot of talk about this being a limited release. Which makes me think, will there be a more broader release of the figure to come, i.e ESB Vader and re-issue Bespin Luke 2 pack, or a DX Vader with 2 head sculpts (ESB, and ROTJ)?

I wouldn't put it passed HT.

Darth Vader + Boba Fett ESB 2-pack!

Darth Vader + Bespin Luke ESB Duel 2-pack!

This is NOT the last ESB Vader. RO Vader got 2 versions.

Now.... let's see who can be... patient. :lol

I foresee an Emperor & RotJ Vader two-pack.

Is this available at the event or is it only possible to pre-order?

I wouldn't put it passed HT.

Darth Vader + Boba Fett ESB 2-pack!

Darth Vader + Bespin Luke ESB Duel 2-pack!

This is NOT the last ESB Vader. RO Vader got 2 versions.

Now.... let's see who can be... patient. [emoji38]
Either one of those 2-packs would be epic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It'll be about as limited as the Ford LTD was limited, so only a billion. (credit to Jerry Seinfeld for that observation).

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of those who want a Bespin Luke but don't want to spend DX07 prices, but I don't see them doing a 2.0 Bespin Luke.

I'd settle for a Fett twin-pack.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of those who want a Bespin Luke but don't want to spend DX07 prices, but I don't see them doing a 2.0 Bespin Luke.

If they ever are going to rerelease Luke Bespin, now would be the time. I own the DX 2 pack, and it is still one of my favorite HT releases. I wouldn't mind if they released a single version of the figure for those that missed out. In my opinion it's an exception figure.

I also own the 2 pack and love it. But, the hobby has grown especially with people coming in for the Star Wars line. I’d very much like, and fully expect, a Bespin 2.0 (with a new sculpt) sometime soon from Hot Toys. They aren’t going to let that opportunity to make money slip through their fingers.

Given that the new Jedi Luke sculpt could be easily modified into an ESB Luke with just some new hair, I'm pretty sure we'll see one at some point.

Personally I'm more curious why we haven't seen a Bespin Han yet. I figured we would have seen it around the time of Hoth Leia.

dat Blue square on his chest box is everything to me :blissy Thats Vader. I hate the green square. Damn it was so hard waiting for this. Every time I was about to order Vader, I just thought "........:mad: .....NO!:cuss "

Yeah, I really do prefer that as well. And I like the activated lights on the chest box as well.

Wonder how difficult HT will make it to light up the lights on the chest panel. Should be fun ��

Last edited:

Still dont understand the hype for light up features..most of the time I keep them displayed behind glass door, only turn the light on for taking photo or impress my friends

Back