1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of those who want a Bespin Luke but don't want to spend DX07 prices, but I don't see them doing a 2.0 Bespin Luke.

I kind of agree. BUT, since they just released Yoda, I could see them doing a Training Luke with backpack and removeable jacket. I'd by that for a dollar....

It looks amazing. The lopsided mouth is going the wrong way. It’d be nice if they fixed that, but it looks so good as is from what we’ve seen, I don’t even mind that innaccuracy.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

And how are you not freaking out about the lone LED lightsaber?? No more arm pieces needed to light it up!

Just look at the description and the picture with all the accessories. On Luke, Rey, Kylo, etc they show the arm piece, with Vader, only the lightsaber.

I think HT saw your posts and felt a need to correct it... new picture, see the arm below...

23926311_10155057346937344_8850528947735245825_o.jpg

I hope (tho likely not) each gloved hand has wrist pegs. The set up on R1 Vader can be a hassle when swapping hands.

I like the gloves lightsaber hand... total win

Is it just me, or does the mask and dome look better in these shots compared to the promo pics? I'm loving the sculpt in these shots! It's rivaling the kaiyodo here IMO.

Sculpt looks awesome, but from the pics I’m still liking my Kaiyodo lol

If they don't fix the widows peak, I'm just gonna be happy with my R1 Vader.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If they don't fix the widows peak, I'm just gonna be happy with my R1 Vader.

What's the issue (honest question)?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thought about this again today. I've often gone back and forth on which film I like best, ESB or SW, and maybe I will again but these days I'm really feeling ESB.

As an adult fan I've long understood that the film is one thing but it's the connection to a time and place -- very much like music -- that makes the OT so resonant.

Given that I was 4 years old when I saw Star Wars in theatres, I think the connection to deep childhood is obviously there, but I was just more aware of my world and my friends by the time ESB rolled around, and remember long summer days the neighbourhood kids and I would talk about ESB, swapping the trading cards and arguing over details.

I remember no one believed that Vader was Luke's father, and how we all thought Luke losing his hand was a rumour until we saw it with our own eyes, and I remember the way the '80s felt (another reason I dig Stranger Things, I guess).

This Vader is the cornerstone for a whole lotta memories. Very obviously bought and I can't wait for HT to roll out the rest of ESB. As exciting as the Star Wars releases have been, I do believe ESB is what I've been waiting for and I'm glad I held off on all other Vader releases. :rock

I wish we had more information on where this will be available for pre-order. "Select markets" sounds like something that's going to complicate my life.

I wish we had more information on where this will be available for pre-order. "Select markets" sounds like something that's going to complicate my life.

I'm certain there will be plenty of opportunity to get this release.

It's too pointed as it is right now. Look at ESB screen caps, the peak is rounded off.

Ah, so it's not accurate to the actual ESB design, specifically. I can see why that would be a sticking point.

It looks amazing. The lopsided mouth is going the wrong way. It’d be nice if they fixed that, but it looks so good as is from what we’ve seen, I don’t even mind that innaccuracy.

Actually for me I could live with the widow's peak, but the mouth being lopsided in the wrong way is just too damn distracting. Strange how they got that right on the previous Vaders but not this one? Wonder if they used that ESB teaser poster with the backwards Vader as a reference...

usosesbadvwhite.jpg

Back