1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Still dont understand the hype for light up features..most of the time I keep them displayed behind glass door, only turn the light on for taking photo or impress my friends

Same here...

Still dont understand the hype for light up features..most of the time I keep them displayed behind glass door, only turn the light on for taking photo or impress my friends

:exactly:

I don't like taking photos and I don't have any friends so what do I want with silly light up features? :lol

I didn't even put batteries in Blitzway's Ghostbusters to try them.

Just something for the kids I suppose, like Tamashii putting slots in their bubble bath Artoo for added play value.

Is it just me but I think this vader figure needs to be slight more bulker

A new pic posted on HT FB page. This time showing the light up arm/saber pic that we are used to. So I guess the saber doesn't light up on it's own.

HT ESB Vader 01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChocobi View Post

It would be nice if hot toys develioped these features so you could either have a remote or one easily accessible switch that activates these functions. Like the old medicom c3po and r2.

I can already imagine the fun times everyone will have installing the tiny button cells into the chest box... and then taking them out again.
No HT remotes please.

Hmm, just noticed the way they've weathered the chest armor and the silver on the mask. It's a very cool effect, but seems like it would be more appropriate for an ANH Vader, and for ESB the silver should be a lot cleaner looking (like how it was on the RO Vader)...

Hmm, just noticed the way they've weathered the chest armor and the silver on the mask. It's a very cool effect, but seems like it would be more appropriate for an ANH Vader, and for ESB the silver should be a lot cleaner looking (like how it was on the RO Vader)...

Color seems quite accurate to me...

Attachments

• landscape-1463755172-darth-vader-6bda9114.jpeg
    landscape-1463755172-darth-vader-6bda9114.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 205

Ahoy!

The ESB announcement has me revisiting my WIP Jedi dome and my bashed ESB/ROTJ Vader..I'm sure I'm not the only one! Note: The dome still needs some body shop attention/paint etc., but you can see where its going...

Looking forward to clearer pictures of the new HT dome and the softened/absent widow's peak area. If they nail it then it might be grounds to upgrade the helmet along with any other stand out improvements. Otherwise, pretty happy with my cobbled Frankenvader.

Cheers,
View attachment 377951

Dang, that WIP version you got there is the best damn Vader head I've seen ahab! Make sure to share when it's all finished up. I've always felt the hot toys vaders were lacking something in the sculpt, including this one, but I think you nailed it. Either the dome looks too big or small, or the grill looks too big but that's the perfect marriage.

As for me I guess I'm waiting for the Jedi version in hopes of a more accurate HS

Back