1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis all good, when you get to their age it becomes indeed a fact of life. Incidentally my mother loves the fact that I've jumped onto this hobby and display lego at such a 'mature' age myself... One of my current Avengers was bought with some money she gave me at my last birthday to be used just for the purpose of buying one.

:impatient: I got a notice about 2 weeks ago that Thor should be arriving in the US about now and then should ship out soon; so hopefully any day now I will hear that they are shipping. This will be my first Thor figure, and I can't wait. I wish it came with a flight stand, perhaps I'll pick one up in the future. In the mean time I am thinking of how I want him posed and displayed and I am thinking of something like this...
8e280c125ca5de7f35a1cecdb9dd06c7.jpg
Not sure it will work, but just a thought

I hope someone will pull the trigger on my TDW Thor soon soI can have space/ a fraction of extra funds for this one! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this thor have a high sell out rate or something? The website the preorders are now for Dec 2015 - Feb 2016. Even the first batch of captain america was in stock for a month before sideshow opened the preorder for the second batch. Or will it become in stock after sideshow pushes out all the pre orders?

If anything I was under the impression this would be a slow seller, like the TDW thor, given how danoby2 said this figure was a fail.......

Wanted to wait since ppl are saying november will not have a $20 code.

What? The date range is for when it's expected to ship. Has nothing to do with PO batches or sell outs. I think your confused. Unless I'm not understanding what your saying.

As for some reviewer calling it a fail and that actually having any impact on sales...not really. First...the stuff he listed was mostly about design choices and the film...and everything else is the same issue for every single figure from every movie. He said it was a fail becuase it's just a slight tweak (which has nothing to do with hot toys, and is the case for most of the best selling figures)..that it was from a team movie he listed as a fail...which would mean im3, avengers 1, Star Wars, CW, Aou, ect..all those figures would be fails. His review was pretty stupid I thought, as you could use everything he said made it a fail on nearly every hot toys figure.

HT may very well have made fewer of these, but not because of anything Danoby said. There are already, what, four HT Thors with this being the fifth? We may have reached a saturation point on Thors. Or people are more than happy with their LAA Thors.

All Thors and Lokis are tweaks until when and if they majorly change the design. That's not HTs fault.

For those who don't like the stoic and plain expression of AOU Thor I hear this is what they are working on for the next Thor figure...
12142046_757046751066486_1340362364_n.jpg

As for some reviewer calling it a fail and that actually having any impact on sales...not really. First...the stuff he listed was mostly about design choices and the film...and everything else is the same issue for every single figure from every movie. He said it was a fail becuase it's just a slight tweak (which has nothing to do with hot toys, and is the case for most of the best selling figures)..that it was from a team movie he listed as a fail...which would mean im3, avengers 1, Star Wars, CW, Aou, ect..all those figures would be fails. His review was pretty stupid I thought, as you could use everything he said made it a fail on nearly every hot toys figure.

I completely agree with this… that review was horrible. His "fails" were all pretty opinionated.
Once I saw the title of that review on YouTube, I only even watched it out of pure curiosity.

Some people should just not do reviews. Simple as that.

As a whole, the figure is solid. The extra height is nice, and the head sculpt is a good change from TDW Thor.
The cape color was my only issue with him and that hardly classifies him as a fail, lol.

Back