1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably because it doesn't come with that large base like TDW version. I'm happy for it to be $220, as it's nice to see some of these AoU figures under the $250 mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good point! You are right...they saved money by reusing HS for Cap & Widow but improved on outfit (Cap) or accessories (Widow). Whereas Thor is sort of the opposite! Okay...I feel better now, thanks! (Not that I would be getting a Thor anytime soon...not a big fan for the Thor figure...sorry. I did think about getting this one for 0.38 seconds.)

(Anybody get my Star Trek reference?)

For an android, that is nearly an eternity. Well done, Mr. Data! :clap

Love it. I don't own a Thor figure yet so this will be perfect for the first one. I like "action Mjolnir"

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: MMS Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Well some people who own the first Thor still try to rate it as a good figure even compared to current Thors.

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. Like TFA Cap, it just doesn't look like the actor.

does this have a brand new headscuplt?

Yep!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435351998.210605.jpg

As much as I love this new Thor. I have found a good deal at my local toy shop. For the Light armour version for £175. That added with that epic stand has sealed the deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just glad (so is my wallet) that I started this collection at a time where the figures from a couple of movies prior to AoU are that good, that I don't need to feel compelled to get the entire AoU lineup, just to have the "best"...

I genuinely do prefer the look of Widow and Thor from earlier models... but I think if you are budgeting out one figure per character, then you aren't losing much, if anything... Captain America and Iron Man, AoU has better versions than TWS and IM3... and Hawkeye is a no brainer..

Thor is such a straight swap, that I bet if you took the two figures, posed them separately without their bases, and asked a casual movie goer which was which, they'd have no idea...

Pre-ordered, this'll be my first and probably only Thor, and is the last item on my AoU shopping list :yess:

Back