1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received a coupon for this guy, VISION25TEXT for $25 off. Thought I would share.

I got one a few days ago too. I used it today. After buying civil war on Blu, I finally decided to get him. Which is funny cause the "civil war" version says "coming soon" at SSC now. But the way things are going with them, I expect it'll be much more money for almost the same figure so I went ahead with this one.

He's always flying behind Steve so I think it works.

3t0GlnL.jpg

Sometimes you have to work to hide the flaws, but it looks great when you pull it off. Congratulations on pulling yours off. :D

Heh.

SRS though, you've hidden the flaw nicely.

So I'm about to get about $200 for an unwanted figure that I received and I want to keep the cash "in the family" so I'm immediately turning around and picking up a new figure. Now that the dust has settled, what are most people's thoughts on Vision? Big fan of the character in comics, kind of "meh" from the films but I think they did a great job on his look. Just kind of on the fence on what to get.

I ended up being kinda meh on him. First HT figure I feel that way about. There's something off about how the head sits on the neck that just looks awkward and unnatural, the cape is pretty subpar and there's really no extras, besides some extra hands and Thor's hammer (all reused/repainted).

I don't necessarily REGRET getting him, but I definitely feel there's room for an improved 2.0 version down the line.

I would wait for a second version. They overpriced this one for what you get.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is the first figure that i didn't open and display right away. Still not super excited about it even though I finally opened him up.

Wasn't too excited for it after I saw how HT did the cape. I got it on a Popcultcha glitch for $150 shipped though so it wasn't too bad. It does complete for AoU display.

He's definitely one of those figures that isn't quite as impressive on his own as he is with other figures. Mine is the perfect companion to new avengers scarlet witch.

Oh, I don't know, I imagine it depends on how much someone likes Vision. It's a fantastic representation of the character. The only thing that isn't "perfect" in my eyes is the cape, but it's hard to duplicate in real life what the movie achieved digitally.

Anyway, like you though, I have Vision posed with New Avengers Scarlet Witch. To me they are a set and I love how they look together.

I might pick this figure up eventually, if I can get it at a discount. More so just to serve as an addition to my already large AoU collection and have the character represented.

anyone know if heat will shrink any of the sag on the outfit created by extreme poses? I had him posed flying with one knee bent and noticed that the fabric is now sagging once you straighten the knee. thanks in advance for any advice. Same issue with Spidey as well.

It may, but heat is the worst thing you can do to hot toys figures. It leads to the fade and cracking issue. The material is design to revert to its original form even after prolonged stretching. I would just adjust the pose and leave it for a week. Chances are it will shrink back up.

It may, but heat is the worst thing you can do to hot toys figures. It leads to the fade and cracking issue. The material is design to revert to its original form even after prolonged stretching. I would just adjust the pose and leave it for a week. Chances are it will shrink back up.

Thanks for the info. :hi5:

Back