1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vision.jpg

If the gem lit up then it would be in the figure description on Sideshow. That would be a big selling point for the figure so they would absolutely advertise it. Could it change between now and release? yes, but as of now, it does not light up

Correct me if I'm wrong but, when Vision went up for pre ordered the gem appeared to be a painted yellow piece. Now in the newer pictures after the head sculpt changes it appears to be a clear/translucent piece. So it could either be a step towards a light up feature or just a clear/translucent piece that will catch the light from the sun.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but, when Vision went up for pre ordered the gem appeared to be a painted yellow piece. Now in the newer pictures after the head sculpt changes it appears to be a clear/translucent piece. So it could either be a step towards a light up feature or just a clear/translucent piece that will catch the light from the sun.

View attachment 206550
View attachment 206551

The gem is different. Funny enough this head changed enough I was curious what was up and I reached out to some people I know. They usually don't change anything that much after its gone up for sale. Turns out the head in the original pics was the first proto from early promo art, and it's actually an altered peter seller head. Lol they started the original sculpt after they got some better screen grabs and polished CG pics from the movie...a couple where not done and the master was off at marvel for approval when they got the photos taken.

But this type of major change isn't something they like to do after money has been taken (or any POs). It creates an out for both customers and auth retail to cancel the order without penalty.

The Civil War promo art doesn't show any noticeable changes to Vision's look. Glad for that cause I really like this figure and don't want to worry about a 'better' one coming along next year.

True that Motu. But thr change is for the better according to most people so will likely not affect sales much.

Yeah i agree it's worlds better. But it's not that it will effect sales. What these changes do is give people that where going to cancel anyway(you know it happens lol) and only ordered becuase they got in to the hype or order everything and then cancel or find the next new things...there's a large amount of cancellations every figure..which is why they are starting to use the nrd all the time...well that happens at the retail side too(a business orders to much, customers cancel, the business doesn't have the cash whatever)...well when they change the figure substantially it gives the people an excuse and one that is backed by law. Doesn't matter that hot toys puts a disclaimer (or sideshow) on the order. You can't over ride law with a disclaimer. And most countries have some type of law that allows for a fee free (meaning nrd and restock fee) have to be waived when there's a large alteration to a preorder. Most companies will use the scare tactic or pretend they have no idea about it, or its not real. And to push it you would need to sue..which usually isn't worth it given the restock or nrd is 20-30 bucks..but if someone complains to the government or something and someone there is having a bad day or hates toys ect...or wants to limit imports...these companies can get slammed. Hot toys could loose its ability to export. So it's just a headache they try to avoid. Not that it comes up much. And not that most people would even know business law or import/export laws. But it just takes some a hole like me that does and they could be in trouble. (I wouldn't do it, I love the figures. Lol but they have completion that would love to get that market share for themselves too..)

Anyway..it's why they try to avoid it.

Back