1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think MCU Vision is literally their version of Adam Warlock, but I can easily see them giving him Warlock's role in terms of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline given how they already did the same with regards to Ultron's relationship with Vision for AOU. He'll still be Vision for all intents and purposes, rather the necessity of Warlock's role can be rendered moot by having Vision take his place.

I don't think MCU Vision is literally their version of Adam Warlock, but I can easily see them giving him Warlock's role in terms of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline given how they already did the same with regards to Ultron's relationship with Vision for AOU. He'll still be Vision for all intents and purposes, rather the necessity of Warlock's role can be rendered moot by having Vision take his place.

Yeah that's what I think as well. He'll take the dudes role but not literally be their version of Adam.

I...did not miss a lot. Dude, Vision is Comic book Vision straight up. I think you're reading way too much into the whole Adam Warlock thing. I get that he now has the Mind Gem in his head just like how Adam has the soul gem in his, but I don't think he's space Jesus.

First off, Vision has always been bio organic. Ultron made Vision not only to fight the Avengers but to show that he can create life to Hank and that was his Vision of the future.

The lifting of Mjolnir could be anyone, dude. It could be Thor, Sif, Odin, freaking Peggy Carter. Spider-Man is more than worthy.

He was saying he was on the side of life. I honestly just think he's saying that he's on our side. XD

I disagree and officially give up on trying to discuss this with people.

I understand how religion isn't popular anymore and I don't fault people for knowing very little about it nowadays, but with this particular discussion its frustrating for me. Whedon did such a great job alluding to Adam's divinity yet barely anyone in the target audience seems to catch it. I've probably only encountered a dozen people that did, along with hundreds that didn't.

Every word of dialogue was Adam's. But again, I'm going to retire this from my message board voice until Marvel simply announces who Bettany is really playing.

No disrespect to you, but this is probably the 100th time someone tells me movie Vision's blatantly divine ideology is perfectly in line with comic Vision's - which couldn't be further from the truth. Comic Vision sounds nothing like movie Vision. The other nods to Adam I can see people missing, but Bettany's dialogue screamed Space Jesus. His concept of life and death, of balance, of sympathy for mortals...

Anyway, glad my elderly Bible-reading Mom caught it.

"God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' You are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

I'm not so sure whether Whedon was blatantly and purposefully alluding to Adam, but the divinity angle was pretty damn obvious and practically smacked me like a brick to the face. I think what people mean to say is that his messianic behavior is still in line with Vision's personality, not necessarily saying it's accurate to the comics. The same could be said about Ultron anyway, in which he's never had a god-complex and yet somehow adding that to his personality actually makes so much sense for his character. It was refreshing and his fixation over the Judeo-Christian God really added another dimension to his character unlike any iteration of Ultron that came before.

Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if Whedon alluded to biblical concepts such as being a messiah for Vision as means of countering Ultron's more destructive ideology; in which Ultron's beliefs was more akin to God from the Old Testament (Ultron's reference to Noah was an obvious hint). So while I don't think Whedon was consciously referencing Adam, I can see why he made such choices in re-inventing Vision's character since it worked as a contrast against Ultron's self-perception as a God. Whedon had wanted to do Ultron and Vision for so long since they're both the reason why he signed on for Avengers along with the Maximoff twins. In this regard, it wouldn't surprise me if he simply incorporated such elements to give both Vision and Ultron a different dimension to their personalities.

I don't think they purposely wrote Vision as if he's literally Adam. Rather, there's simply the huge possibility that Vision could already take Adam's role in the MCU, based on the way they had written the former in AOU. It's not impossible for them given that Vision already fills in a number things that defined Adam's character (as you and I had mentioned), but I don't think they outright planned for him to be literally Adam Warlock.

I'm not so sure whether Whedon was blatantly and purposefully alluding to Adam, but the divinity angle was pretty damn obvious and practically smacked me like a brick to the face.

Thank God someone remembers God.

I think what people mean to say is that his messianic behavior is still in line with Vision's personality, not necessarily saying it's accurate to the comics.

People are saying Vision isn't Adam because they think Adam is still coming via Gunn in GOTG2. If its not that its "Vision sounds like Vision, dude" which is nonsense, but I don't fault them because most of them don't know theology. I'm by no means an advocate for religion. I don't even go to church. Coming from a Greek Orthodox family I have basic knowledge on the matter. Again, more and more I'm starting to see how younger people don't. That's fine, but it makes this particular discussion exhausting.

The same could be said about Ultron anyway, in which he's never had a god-complex and yet somehow adding that to his personality actually makes so much sense for his character. It was refreshing and his fixation over the Judeo-Christian God really added another dimension to his character unlike any iteration of Ultron that came before.

It was the best thing about him. Wish he'd gotten more screen time to explore it further.

Similarly, it wouldn't surprise me if Whedon alluded to biblical concepts such as being a messiah for Vision as means of countering Ultron's more destructive ideology; in which Ultron's beliefs was more akin to God from the Old Testament (Ultron's reference to Noah was an obvious hint). So while I don't think Whedon was consciously referencing Adam, I can see why he made such choices in re-inventing Vision's character since it worked as a contrast against Ultron's self-perception as a God.

This is where Adam comes in.

While it may seem like Vision was just being set up to be the anti-Ultron in the eyes of Tony and Bruce, its Thor who saw what was really coming out of the Cradle - which Vision clarifies himself:

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all. I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain and that pain will roll over the earth. So he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now and not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are and I'm not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me...but we need to go."

Vision is being set up to be the anti-Thanos. The Avatar of Life aka Adam Warlock, created to combat Thanos, the Avatar of Death.

Thor's vision of Adam solidifies his role in the events to come.

In this regard, I don't think they literally wrote Vision with Adam in mind. Rather, there's simply the huge possibility that Vision could already take Adam's role in the MCU, based on the way they had written the former in AOU.

I think Whedon set out to do comics Vision and somewhere along the way realized introducing Adam as Vision would save the studio alot of trouble. When you really dissect it, its quite brilliant how all he had to do was replace the Enclave/High Evolutionary with Dr. Cho and her tissue-building "Cradle" (a great substitute for the cocoon) to bring Adam into the MCU.

From this point on movie Adam can fully become comics Adam. That moment when he "clothed" himself after seeing his reflection, and then made himself a cape after seeing Thor's...seeds that can facilitate a visual evolution over the course of the next few movies. He can just choose to give himself hair and a skin color closer to ours. Same goes with the name. He currently doesn't have one. He can adopt it himself (appropriately) or they can have someone name him Adam, perhaps Wanda.

Funnily enough, I don't disagree with most of your points there. I love how they re-invented both Ultron and Vision by incorporating biblical themes and ideas, all while still remaining true to the spirit of the characters. Due to my liking for Ultron, I thought similarly about Vision's cradle being similar to Adam's cocoon, due to how the latter also tied to Ultron's quest for a perfect form in the comics. So yeah, you're not the only one drawing the connection between the two characters.

Admittedly I don't think they necessarily planned Vision to be Adam, but based on Vision's characterization in AOU, so far the idea of Adam being introduced in the MCU feels less likely and seemingly redundant (what with the amount of heroes that will be involved in Infinity War). After all, Vision already filled in two story roles of Adam in the comics 1) as Ultron's desired final form 2) as a messianic hero who possesses an Infinity Stone.

They could easily re-work his character to fit into Adam's role since he already has the messianic part down. It could work well in bringing a more personal connection between the Earth heroes and Thanos's scheme in Infinity War, especially given Vision's outstanding introduction in AOU and the positive audience reception he got. Again, I'm not saying that MCU Vision is literally Adam. That said, there's definitely parallels between the two, and I think they could easily have him take his place given the way he was written in AOU.

Dude, you can keep trying to convince us that Vision is Adam, but that's just your vision, get the pun?, of that character. You are reading way too much in this stuff, just enjoy the movie instead of dragging God into this. And the way you talk to us non believers is pretty lame. You basically said that you are the only one who understands Whedon's attempts at introducing Adam Warlock in Vision disguise...yeah right. The arrogance...

Vision is just Vision, nothing more. Just because James Gunn says it's not Warlock's cocoon doesn't mean he can't be in part 2 of GOTG. He can be introduced in some other way. And if he's not in that movie, that doesn't automatically mean that Vision is Warlock. You make a lot of assumptions. Also, Vision being able to lift Mjolnir does not mean he is worthy, he is an android and it's the same as the hammer being moved by an elevator. They say so in the movie.

Dude, you can keep trying to convince us that Vision is Adam, but that's just your vision, get the pun?, of that character. You are reading way too much in this stuff, just enjoy the movie instead of dragging God into this. And the way you talk to us non believers is pretty lame. You basically said that you are the only one who understands Whedon's attempts at introducing Adam Warlock in Vision disguise...yeah right. The arrogance...

Vision is just Vision, nothing more. Just because James Gunn says it's not Warlock's cocoon doesn't mean he can't be in part 2 of GOTG. He can be introduced in some other way. And if he's not in that movie, that doesn't automatically mean that Vision is Warlock. You make a lot of assumptions. Also, Vision being able to lift Mjolnir does not mean he is worthy, he is an android and it's the same as the hammer being moved by an elevator. They say so in the movie.

Yeah, but I'm not the only one that picked up on the messianic undertones (see the intelligent poster above) but still have become accustomed to the majority of fans missing them.

If you think Vision is just Vision Whedon truly failed you as a viewer. Plus you seem bothered by the divine allusions anyway and he put them there. He just HAD to drag God into this providing annoying character development and unneeded layers in the storytelling that took away from the action...

This is why I think Michael Bay is so successful. What's the point of really dissecting these characters when the fandom doesn't want a character study but rather just a battle ready figure who looks like his comic counterpart?

Anybody worried about this figures boots? I was hoping we would see separate feet and shin pieces for added articulation. Especially for flying poses. I hate when you can't bend the feet down while in flight. Looks goofy to me.

Funnily enough, I don't disagree with most of your points there. I love how they re-invented both Ultron and Vision by incorporating biblical themes and ideas, all while still remaining true to the spirit of the characters. Due to my liking for Ultron, I thought similarly about Vision's cradle being similar to Adam's cocoon, due to how the latter also tied to Ultron's quest for a perfect form in the comics. So yeah, you're not the only one drawing the connection between the two characters.

Admittedly I don't think they necessarily planned Vision to be Adam, but based on Vision's characterization in AOU, so far the idea of Adam being introduced in the MCU feels less likely and seemingly redundant (what with the amount of heroes that will be involved in Infinity War). After all, Vision already filled in two story roles of Adam in the comics 1) as Ultron's desired final form 2) as a messianic hero who possesses an Infinity Stone.

They could easily re-work his character to fit into Adam's role since he already has the messianic part down. It could work well in bringing a more personal connection between the Earth heroes and Thanos's scheme in Infinity War, especially given Vision's outstanding introduction in AOU and the positive audience reception he got. Again, I'm not saying that MCU Vision is literally Adam. That said, there's definitely parallels between the two, and I think they could easily have him take his place given the way he was written in AOU.

The convo at the end between him and Ultron...the way he acknowledges humanity's days are numbered yet celebrates their mortality...its a wonderful glimpse into his perspective on life and death. Its God's POV. And its exactly how Adam has always handled existentialism in the comics. Death is not defeat but rather a part of the cycle. That scene really distinguished the divine from the mortal. Ultron feared death whilst Vision/Adam wanted to enlighten him and have him embrace it.

Anybody worried about this figures boots? I was hoping we would see separate feet and shin pieces for added articulation. Especially for flying poses. I hate when you can't bend the feet down while in flight. Looks goofy to me.

Yep, not just for this figure but many others, these are action figures and should be able to achieve action poses, one of the most important joints needed to do this are the ankles lots of other companies including Hot Toys themselves can make great looking fully functioning boot ankle joints and not to do so is lazy and unnecessary.

Also if they thought the aesthetics would be to severely compromised they could always supply both types of boot, all in one or separate, with each figure rather like having multiple hand options, unfortunately the price would no doubt rise exponentially to cover that option :(

Yep, not just for this figure but many others, these are action figures and should be able to achieve action poses, one of the most important joints needed to do this are the ankles lots of other companies including Hot Toys themselves can make great looking fully functioning boot ankle joints and not to do so is lazy and unnecessary.

Also if they thought the aesthetics would be to severely compromised they could always supply both types of boot, all in one or separate, with each figure rather like having multiple hand options, unfortunately the price would no doubt rise exponentially to cover that option :(

Ugh, now that you mention it, I hope he has SOME flexibility in those ankles... >_>

After seeing the film, this is one of my favorite characters, but I just hate the design so much. I'll be getting Scarlet, but not this guy. The design is just too damn ugly.

After seeing the film, this is one of my favorite characters, but I just hate the design so much. I'll be getting Scarlet, but not this guy. The design is just too damn ugly.

I think he looks great compared to the green/yellow version from the comics, while still retaining his characteristics.

I love the comic-book Vision, I understand they need to change it for the movie, and I really loved the character in AoU, but not the design. But he was so cool in the film.

I love the comic book Vision. AND I like this version. I think it's a great translation, over all. The one thing I'd change... I wish the proportions of the decoration around his neck and chest were a bit different. I'd like to see it a little larger... or maybe wider. Or maybe if it was just tapered differently. It's faithful to the movie and didn't bother me in the movie... but it looks a bit odd to my eye in some poses.

Back