1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

jc4w.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

Not interested but an awesome looking figure.
Wish HT did more anime stylised figures.

^
:goodpost:

I would love to see more figures like this. I really hope they make Kei, but if not, well that's one reason I got the throne version. Figures like this and Storm Riders Cloud are my favorite kind.

I think I will accept this as the definitive Captain Harlock. 1) Can't stand Medicom figures, have the most respect for their work, just not my taste. 2) Can't stand HT doing cell anime style figures. City Hunter is the best example of that. 3) With its story and BO, I don't think they would be making a sequel. So this will be a one shot deal.

i agree. I think this might be it for a very long time in regards to harlock merch in 1/6 done this incredibly. so if you're a fan, you gotta jump on this and support the license. the throne price is hard to accept but I might have to just bite the bullet and just accept that this ,may be the only chance i'll get to get such a great harlock figure.

I'm glad I could overlook the sticker shock and buy this. It's much more interesting to me than Robocop and his chair, or Iron Man and his Gantry. I love stuff like this. I know it has no bearing on other properties, but I wish this would do well so that Hot Toys would consider doing other similar things. Like Castlevania LoS2 Gabriel and his throne.

I'm pretty sure they'll have Kei Yuki in the pipeline after this. A definite buy for me, throne and all. Probably go with BBTS since I have way too much chit on P/O with Sideshow. I don't own any Hot Toys, but this looks too good to pass up being a Harlock fan. Excellent looking figure. Be rad to see them do a Queen Emeraldas figure in the future.

I try not to assume anything with Hot Toys, but I think it would be crazy not make Kei.

Sorry for the long post below, which should have gone to the Kei thread, but I think I will leave that thread alone for now until there is an official announcement or a coming soon picture...

Here's how I am reading the tea leaves on Kei:

1) Out of all the main characters in the film, only 3 are from the original comic and anime: Harlock, Kei and Mimay. Now Mimay has the alien super slim body and frame that HT has to make a whole new body for it. It is not logical to create a unique body for a figure for just one time. That leaves only Harlock and Kei.
2) In the original announcement back in 2010, HT choose the picture of Harlock and Kei standing together. That implies that they are making not one but two figures.
3) Square Enix, who created the film, released Harlock and Kei only in its own Play Arts Kai action figure series. So they know that those 2 will sell the most in Japan, if not elsewhere. It's hard to imagine HT will let Square Enix corner the market on Kei
4) HT has the tendency to number figures from the same movie together (most of the time, anyway). But they don't release them for preorder in sequence (let alone making them available to their customers in any logical sequence whatsoever). My point is they will not be releasing Kei next week as MMS 224. Why? If they want to release her so soon after Harlock, they would have already featured her in that same monthly figure magazine in Japan that we first saw the scans and the prices in Yen.
5) So, when will they be releasing Kei? Well, the next issue of that Japanese figure magazine will be out around the end of November, which coincidentally is also around the release date of Harlock movie in Hong Kong - November 28, a Thursday. So, if the next figure HT releases next week carries the number MMS 225, then we have much higher chance of confirming a Kei is coming...

Last edited:

The figure looks great, but not going to pull the trigger on this one just yet.

I like the Medicom 2.0 one more as well. It has such a cool classic look to it and captures the spirit of the series. From the getgo this Harlock is awkward in its design. It's trying to hard to be gritty and realistic. To me it loses that romantic space style of the classic anime in favor of trying to make it some kind of American scifi epic.

Agree. I feel it would just be an impulse buy I would regret. haha.

Sorry for the long post below, which should have gone to the Kei thread, but I think I will leave that thread alone for now until there is an official announcement or a coming soon picture...

Here's how I am reading the tea leaves on Kei:

1) Out of all the main characters in the film, only 3 are from the original comic and anime: Harlock, Kei and Mimay. Now Mimay has the alien super slim body and frame that HT has to make a whole new body for it. It is not logical to create a unique body for a figure for just one time. That leaves only Harlock and Kei.
2) In the original announcement back in 2010, HT choose the picture of Harlock and Kei standing together. That implies that they are making not one but two figures.
3) Square Enix, who created the film, released Harlock and Kei only in its own Play Arts Kai action figure series. So they know that those 2 will sell the most in Japan, if not elsewhere. It's hard to imagine HT will let Square Enix corner the market on Kei
4) HT has the tendency to number figures from the same movie together (most of the time, anyway). But they don't release them for preorder in sequence (let alone making them available to their customers in any logical sequence whatsoever). My point is they will not be releasing Kei next week as MMS 224. Why? If they want to release her so soon after Harlock, they would have already featured her in that same monthly figure magazine in Japan that we first saw the scans and the prices in Yen.
5) So, when will they be releasing Kei? Well, the next issue of that Japanese figure magazine will be out around the end of November, which coincidentally is also around the release date of Harlock movie in Hong Kong - November 28, a Thursday. So, if the next figure HT releases next week carries the number MMS 225, then we have much higher chance of confirming a Kei is coming...

Nice! Thanks for that. Let's hope Kei is coming sooner rather than later. :hi5:

No room for this great collectiable people

THis figure looks AWESOME and waay better than the Medicom version which i owned at one time!The problem i have is the price which i can't see why it would be just as much as a Diecast Robocop with chair or a 1/4 scale Batman?!The figure has a small amount of accessories and the chair is sculpted so where does that price tag come from?I really want this figure but i can't justify the price without reason!Does anyone have an idea why the high price?THANX in advance!^_^

I wish they would have skipped the chair and went with the steering wheel. But you don't have to buy the chair to get Harlock so it's still no biggie.

Anyone in the thread seen the movie? I'm interested 'cause of the 80's cartoon, looks good too. But, I would really have to see it (and like it a lot) to make any rational decision.

it hasn't been released in the states yet. i think it's only been released in japan as of present.

Back