1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys -MMS222/223- Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlock

I just pre-ordered the figure without the chair. I don't even really like the chair that much so I'm really happy to be getting this awesome figure without it. Kei would be nice too but I can't seeing us fans getting that lucky due to the movie not doing so well.
I don't get the appeal of the chair though, especially for the cost of a figure. What are they thinking? It doesn't even have a cloth cover for the seat at that price. It's just a big hunk of plastic. Now, having a cool die-cast of the Arcadia on the other hand would rule.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys -MMS222/223- Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harlock

I just pre-ordered the figure without the chair. I don't even really like the chair that much so I'm really happy to be getting this awesome figure without it. Kei would be nice too but I can't seeing us fans getting that lucky due to the movie not doing so well.
I don't get the appeal of the chair though, especially for the cost of a figure. What are they thinking? It doesn't even have a cloth cover for the seat at that price. It's just a big hunk of plastic. Now, having a cool die-cast of the Arcadia on the other hand would rule.

I bet you its polystone and wouldnt be suprised it sideshow did it..

Polystone would make it more worthwhile, plus it really does look nice. I still think $400+ is too much, but how often does something like this come along? Especially for us Captain Harlock fans.

Well Played. Sure beats Medicom anime figures (granted it's cgi)... the quality is immense. Who said HT was bad at this??

Love the crisp detail in the hair.

Now do some Cowboy Bebop, FF, and Kenshin.

... and Gintama, Samurai Champloo, Shingeki, Steins;Gate, Mushishi, Ghost in the Shell.....

Last edited:

Well Played. Sure beats Medicom anime figures (granted it's cgi)... the quality is immense. Who said HT was bad at this??

... and Gintama, Samurai Champloo, Shingeki, Steins;Gate, Mushishi, Ghost in the Shell.....

Hot Toys can do CG its the EASIEST thing to sculpt. They still cant touch Medicom when it comes to anime. I prefer Medicom Harlock anyday

The CG Captain Harlock was rendered to look more realistic so it's right up HT's alley. However, when it comes to capturing how anime characters looked in the anime, medicom still does it best at 1/6th.

Last edited:

HT going insane with the price of these figures!

Ouch $419.99, are they out of their Vulcan mind? I can only justify the chair and Harlock if they are making Kei as well. Otherwise, not getting Harlock figure, chair or not, period.

really?! you wouldn't buy harlock if kei isn't made?! that's crazy. if you like this series you can just have harlock without kei and be ok. even though having her would be great, but harlock can definitely stand alone. I mean the movie is named after him. :wink1:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

Yea, an extra $170 bucks for a chair.

Ah forget it, I got it from a Japanese store, even though I had to pay now, it's place I use regularly and trust. Got it for $371 shipped. Much easier to buy at that price.

at a boy! :clap glad you came to you senses bro

Hot Toys can do CG its the EASIEST thing to sculpt. They still cant touch Medicom when it comes to anime. I prefer Medicom Harlock anyday

well its two totally different looks. medicom's being more resembling the cartoon and obviously ht resembling the movie. medicom does a great job with their anime lines but for harlock, I prefer the movie version style and look, hence I think ht's version is superior. it definitely comes down to a preference in visual styles.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223 - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (CG film): Captain Harl

I love Harlock, but the movie version is for me is a superior rendition of the character. The classic version is great, but Hot Toys has brought him into the new age guns blazing, lol. Who knows how good the movie really is (I don't pass judgement until I see things for myself), but the new version of Harlock is fantastic.

Yeah, I can't pass up that throne, it's just too perfect a display piece. I see no reason to have Harlock without it.

Really Happy Sideshow is carrying this. I was waiting for them to list it. This is the Nicest Harlock Figure I have ever seen!

This is such a ripoff. $250 for the base figure and then over $400 for the set with the chair is hilarious. It will probably bomb like all their Japanese stuff. I'll wait to buy the chair on the after market.

the fig with the chair is priced ridiculous, there's no doubt about that.

I think I like my Medicom better, though this is a more detailed sculpt.

For some reason, the face is a little to emo band for me... haha.
On the fence but considering it.

I think I like my Medicom better, though this is a more detailed sculpt.

For some reason, the face is a little to emo band for me... haha.
On the fence but considering it.

I like the Medicom 2.0 one more as well. It has such a cool classic look to it and captures the spirit of the series. From the getgo this Harlock is awkward in its design. It's trying to hard to be gritty and realistic. To me it loses that romantic space style of the classic anime in favor of trying to make it some kind of American scifi epic.

Back