1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 222/223: Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Captain Harlock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - 1/6 Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013 CGI film)

Im in...The animé was called Albator in french Canada when I was a kid...I have found memories of it.I'll buy it.

it doesn't seem this board has too many fans of this license, but man i'm totally hyped for this! figure wise, this is prob one of my most anticipated ones ever! what a long wait too, after a few years it finally seems like we'll be rewarded soon enough. can't buy this figure fast enough!

Having experienced HT's Batman capes, I have to wonder how they will do Harlock's. Will it end up being too baggy like in DX09?

My interest is actually higher with Kei, as it has the potential to be superior to the AVG BW, but only if they get the clothing material right and with blonde rooted hair. Not to mention a great HS and better proportions. Right now Kei is not yet a certainty, but the odds are quite good for now.

Will buy so long as it's not $300+ >_< Don't need the chair THAT much.

Finally something new and different.

Will buy so long as it's not $300+ >_< Don't need the chair THAT much.

Agreed, I'm hoping the price isn't going to be too ridiculous and I'm wondering if this release will limited to just Asia like the city hunter figures.

This and the Crow. Two figures I never thought I'd see made and two figures I have to get!

I grew up with Harlock and Matsumoto's other series Space Battleship Yamato. I love that universe. I'm all in for this:clap

it doesn't seem this board has too many fans of this license, but man i'm totally hyped for this! figure wise, this is prob one of my most anticipated ones ever! what a long wait too, after a few years it finally seems like we'll be rewarded soon enough. can't buy this figure fast enough!

This board lacks anime fans in general, and the ones that are here are scattered because the mods refuse to make an anime figure board even though there are nearly pointless subsections already, like the one based on Whedonverse or whatever

This board lacks anime fans in general, and the ones that are here are scattered because the mods refuse to make an anime figure board even though there are nearly pointless subsections already, like the one based on Whedonverse or whatever

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

totally into it. only if ht makes some vehicles to go with it.:wink1:

that's a shame. :(

Check out the awesome character designs with all the details (and facial expressions, too!) I don't know about you, but Harlock looks really cool and Kei looks smoking hot and bad ***. Video is in Japanese.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAYJJTyjPGo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Now my question is how HT can duplicate the look and feel of the outfits that are so intricately detailed? Harlock's outfit is multi layered with vest and cape and all (ala Loki). Not to mention the sword and gun holsters and the bird on his shoulder! This has to be a DX!

For Kei, she is shrink wrapped in skintight shiny red vinyl with arm length leather gloves and thigh-high high heel boots (ala TDKR Catwoman?) with gold trim and all. Ouch, I fear her articulation will be extremely limited given her suit, similar to IM2 Black Widow.

As a dig to the Man of Steel reboot Superman outfit, Kei's outfit kept her black bikini bottom from the classic design as a painted on thong on her vinyl suit...LOL

Last edited:

Now my question is how HT can duplicate the look and feel of the outfits that are so intricately detailed? Harlock's outfit is multi layered with vest and cape and all (ala Loki). Not to mention the sword and gun holsters and the bird on his shoulder! This has to be a DX!

For Kei, she is shrink wrapped in skintight shiny red vinyl with arm length leather gloves and thigh-high high heel boots (ala TDKR Catwoman?) with gold trim and all. Ouch, I fear her articulation will be extremely limited given her suit, similar to IM2 Black Widow.

As a dig to the Man of Steel reboot Superman outfit, Kei's outfit kept her black bikini bottom from the classic design as a painted on thong on her vinyl suit...LOL

Easy: they won't. All of Hot Toys anime figures are garbage. This will just be the next one to hit the trash bin.

Somehow, I beg to differ. While I agree that HT truly sucks at adapting anime/comic drawings from 2D to 3D, this is not the case here. As shown in the video above, these are 3D rendered characters, just like Iron Man Mark (put a number here)!

I can see they may still suck at the HS as there are no real actor to follow. But then again, they didn't do a 100% perfect copy of RDJ, Chris Evens or ScarJo either, but those HS where they have taken artistic license still look decent or passable.

In terms of clothing and accessories, they will be just like the VGM series for game characters or any other MMS characters. My main concern will be articulation and poseability as some of the clothing (namely Kei's outfit and Harlock's cape) will likely restrict movement of the underlying figure.

We can only hope...

I have faith they'll step up their anime game on this license. they'd better. this is one release where I don't want it to be horrid. I really hope they knock this one out of the park.

Damn I thought the next HT figure being revealed today would be Harlock, but instead its another Johnny Depp. Oh well.

Back