1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found a way to make this figure look "small". Here is a WIP photo of my new display.

1235523_10152655903704460_421977914_n.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about!! Looks great, love the way it conforms to the desk

looks sick! are you going to put lighting in the underside of the shelves?

Thanks! Yes, LED strips along the front of every shelf, hidden behind a small trim piece so you don't have the lights shining in your eyes when standing in front of it.

We were originally going to build it as a closed in case, but now that i have the shelves mounted, I'm really liking the look of the floating shelves. I used a 2x4 screwed into the wall studs, then used 1x4s for the frame and 1x3s inside for support. The 1x boards are SO much lighter than 2x4s. No additional support is really needed.

I started a thread for the project here if you care to follow along:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133583

No, I'm not an anti-dust person. I much prefer the open look. I was going for something similar to this (on the right side):

1240038_10152656044109460_1453540751_n.jpg

Except it won't have dividers and I'm probably not using puck lights.

Finally found a way to make this figure look "small". Here is a WIP photo of my new display.

1235523_10152655903704460_421977914_n.jpg

Looking good so far COF. But is that a Rulk I seen on your PC desk?

No, I'm not an anti-dust person. I much prefer the open look. I was going for something similar to this (on the right side):

1240038_10152656044109460_1453540751_n.jpg

Except it won't have dividers and I'm probably not using puck lights.

Now THAT's a man-cave!!! :horror :hi5:

I have a hulk on display and I have the closet space
$100-$200 profit, I'm not sure if its possible, as I am new to collecting
But
I do see older figures going for higher prices and I do have time on my side
There are people that can't afford him now that will be able to later
Maybe I'm over selling myself on the figure or underestimating the hot toys company to always make better and better but a $100 return is 25% return for some closet space

With current economic conditions being the way they are, I have way too much money in the bank doing nothing(might be buying more investment properties)

If you ebay it for $500 down the road, there gunna charge you fifty bucks in fees. Then you'll pay at least $20 in shipping fees. Plus you have to worry about ebayer buyers. Soft rubber holds up poorly when compared to plastic and cloth. If you store it in too hot or too damp a temperature, your gunna get a nasty email from your ebay buyer requesting a return. Plus there are manufacturer paint issues, as well as joints that don't ratchet but just snap violently. Then you might get a ebayer buyer asking you for a partial refund.

However, if you sell at the right time, probably a month before the release of avengers 2, you might get more than $500.

Unless you have some serious central air or a ceiling fan going 24/7 to keep the dust at bay.

Just keep your air filters new. I don't have a dust problem because of it.
I also keep myself from flaking by using lotion and dandruff shampoo
Hahaha

Seriously.

I have central AC and ceiling fans and change the filters monthly. The dust is an enormous chore as it seems that it gathers seconds after it's been wiped clean. The entire system in less than 3 years old.

Back