1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! I'd never haul my Hulk down to a theme park, you have guts! :clap

Thanks..... Hulk had much more fun than I did. It took a lot of work to get those shots. I only had about 1 hour to get those pics before the park got crowded. I had to plan all this out the night before as to exactly where I was going to go. I had to lay down on the pavement for most of the pics. I used a large rubber mouse pad to put on the ground so Hulks feet wouldn't get burnt. You can imagine a guy walking around with a large action figure stopping suddenly to place Hulk on the pad and lay on the ground while setting up the shot in 95 degree weather. All in all I'm happy with the pics. Hulk seemed upset at me as he sat in the passenger seat later that day.

Thanks..... Hulk had much more fun than I did. It took a lot of work to get those shots. I only had about 1 hour to get those pics before the park got crowded. I had to plan all this out the night before as to exactly where I was going to go. I had to lay down on the pavement for most of the pics. I used a large rubber mouse pad to put on the ground so Hulks feet wouldn't get burnt. You can imagine a guy walking around with a large action figure stopping suddenly to place Hulk on the pad and lay on the ground while setting up the shot in 95 degree weather. All in all I'm happy with the pics. Hulk seemed upset at me as he sat in the passenger seat later that day.

Your work paid off! Many thanks in advance for the effort. Is this in Orlando? I've been to that one before and let me tell you, if I saw a guy posing and shooting a Hulk figure I'd buy you a drink :rock

Your work paid off! Many thanks in advance for the effort. Is this in Orlando? I've been to that one before and let me tell you, if I saw a guy posing and shooting a Hulk figure I'd buy you a drink :rock

Yes Universal Studios Islands of Adventure Orlando Florida. When I was taking the pic next to the comic shop a lady asked me if I worked for Universal Studios, I told her no I'm just a geek :) BTW I took all those pics on my IPhone 5. You just have to be creative with the shots.

Guess what day it is? Guess what day. it. is.

HULK DAY! YEH!

But seriously, WOW! I saw this guy at SDCC, but nothing compares to having Hulk in hand. This guy. Is HUGE!

Anyway.. when I get my display case all finished I was thinking of having the group pose either like my take of the assemble shot..
D0h0QHA.jpg

Or facing off against Loki...
zcsfvD6.jpg

But until then... they'll just have to cozy up in my detolf.
yK9yoE1.jpg

Been a long wait, but totally worth it!

mine finally shipped and will be here tuesday...arrghh more waiting...I told my kids that we were going to have a visitor come tuesday whom has a bit of a skin problem...green skin...the look on their faces was not only hysterical but priceless.

mine finally shipped and will be here tuesday...arrghh more waiting...I told my kids that we were going to have a visitor come tuesday whom has a bit of a skin problem...green skin...the look on their faces was not only hysterical but priceless.

:rotfl

Great group shots guys! Keep 'em coming :rock

It would be nice since Banner is such a simple figure to bring another headsculpt for Hulk or anything extra for him. But i know im just dreaming
:exactly: :pray::pray::pray:

I know this isn't the HT Hulk, but it made me laugh and think:

"I have an army"

"We have a Hulk army"

1230012_515074538576786_707830582_n.jpg

Wow! I'd be happy with just one of those! Hulk heaven right there!!! :lol

:hi5:

Hey, guys,

I don't have too long before I have to skip off to work, but I wanted to chime in on Hulk and give everyone my impression. I also used my art savy to take a couple of quick pictures to show off just how pose-able this figure is, and in doing so, how impressive.

Let me first say that there are tons of people out there who will love and hate this figure, or at minimum, nit pick it. It has nothing to do with the figure...that is just human nature. So for any of you that have yet to receive this figure, don't let that dishearten you. Judge for yourself. Only you know what is best for you.

I really don't have anything negative to say about this 1/6 figure from Hot Toys. It is an amazing representation of Hulk, and I think the Avengers Hulk is by far the most genuine representation of Hulk on screen we have seen to date...save for maybe the television series back in the day. It may be dated, but for its time it was great.

A lot of people talk about certain things that they consider flaws. I think the vast majority of these issues are minor and can be overlooked when taken into account against what you're purchasing.

Seams / Gaps: Yeah. Hulk has em. Do you know of a 1/6 scale figure that doesn't? Seamless bodies don't, but they don't like to be handled and can get dirty, can crack, or are sticky. Hulk is made from a pvc material that is flexible but fairly firm. It is pretty much the same style as the TTM-19 figure. As far as his arm seams go...or the "gaps" as they're called, they can easily be hidden with proper posing and positioning. It's all about how to hide them. Now, Hulk can have large gaps ay his wrists and ankles, but this is only evident when in extreme poses, and again, can be hidden with a bit of thought and angle usage. Now I don't care for the seams at his knees, but I know this is just to compensate for the ratchet joints housed there. For the most part you cannot see them, but on my Hulk there is one hole in his pants that allows a portion of this seam to be visible. I do wish they had made his pants a touch longer.

Size: Sorry guys. Don't give me the 1/6th scale stuff. Unfortunately, Hulk is definitely too big. Yup. It's true. I don't care what scale he is supposed to be comparable to, but he is hands down too large for the other 1/6 figures in the Avengers line. I am an artist and have drawn Hulk for years so I'm very much aware of his size. Now, bear in mind that Hulk's size changes from artist to artist, and from decade to decade depending on what version of him you're viewing. The traditional Hulk has been about 8' tall or so. Watch the Avengers movie when they all assemble right after Banner transforms and pounds the Space Worm. Hulk is roughly 8' tall in that shot. But, like the comics...Hulk's size also changes from scene to scene in the Avengers. Just how it goes. In any case, I don't mind Hulk's size. He is easily three to four times the mass of the other 1/6 figures. That's a lot, but it looks fantastic.

Bang for Buck: I'm satisfied with the $299.00 price tag. I do wish they had included some accessories. A torn and tattered shirt would have been nice to drape across his back. A third set of hands posed in a similar fashion to the maquette would have been fantastic. But, between the fists and the wired finger set of hands, you can get most of the expression you need. For the size of his mass and height, a lot went into his undercarriage, and he holds himself up well. The ratchet joints are solid, tight, and very sturdy.

Overall, I am very pleased with this figure. He is hands down the best figure in my collection. I think this is a "must have" for any Hulk fan, and a key piece for any collector.

P.S. And note in the photos that when posed, Hulk takes up an entire shelf in a Detolf. The photos you've been shown are pretty much squeezing him in there are bunched up or standing straight up. When he is strutting in a full pose, he takes up every bit of room on a shelf by himself. But...also note that good angles and proper limb placement can hide most of the seams and gaps that people seem to complain about so much.

Back