1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke down and canceled my Waitlist with SSC and bought Hulk from BBTS. I just dont want to risk missing out on this one. Who cares if another Hulk is waiting down the road in a new Hulk movie or Avengers II. That is -years- away. This is a must have for any true Marvel fan. But that's my humble opinion. I can't picture any 1/6 collection without this guy. I still feel bad for not owning a 1/6 Wolverine but no figure thus far has done him justice.

Good lord...can you imagine the nerdgasms if they released a 1/6 Wolverine in "Patch" form with an exclusive where he doubles as an alternate for the Age of Apocolypse Wolverine and comes with his severed hand in a small display jar. Wow...

Are you paying attention Hot Toys? Why wait for licensing? Not a lot of people are going to bite on the every single Mark Iron Man suit. Why not get ballsy and make some unique 1/6's without the movie license. There are figures or alternates of figures the fan boys would truly pay to see.

I'm one of them.

I saw that Michael Crawford published his review of Hulk today. https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082813a.htm I must say that I totally disagree with his final score. To me, Hulk is CHEAP at $300. Iron Monger is much more expensive, has worse articulation, etc. Sure, Iron Monger has more engineering involved, but Hulk is friggen' awesome (and yes I own both).

I have no issue with the hair. In fact it took me almost a day to realized he had a PERs Eye system when the hair fell off while I was posing Hulk's head.

As to articulation, he gave Hulk a 3 out of 4 while Iron Monger got a 4 out of 4?!? Huh? That's just A$$-backwards. Hulk's articulation is clearly better than the Iron Monger. Both have limitation due to design, but I can find FAR more poses with Hulk.

I think Iron Monger is great, but to me the Hulk is better. Seeing Hulk get a low (by Hot Toys standards) 3 out of 4 just seems wrong to me. Hulk is possibly my favorite Hot Toys figure to date, and I own or owned nearly every Marvel or DC Hot Toys figure to date.

Hulk is f-ing awesome!!!

I like Crawford's reviews, but he really should just great rid of the "Value" category. It's a very rare occassion he gives any collectible more than 2 stars and unless it's under $20 forget about three stars. He'd probably have to get it for free to give it a perfect value rating. :lol

Mine will be here from AE next Tuesday. Can't wait!​
happy-hulk.gif

I like Crawford's reviews, but he really should just great rid of the "Value" category. It's a very rare occassion he gives any collectible more than 2 stars and unless it's under $20 forget about three stars. He'd probably have to get it for free to give it a perfect value rating. :lol

He does get much of his stuff for free.

Crawfords reviews are usually a good read, I don't agree with some of his opinions and I don't have hulk in hand yet but I can tell I will likely not be in agreement with the hulk review ether, however that said its his reviews and his opinions so take whatever you can use out of them. I'm glad he does them, but don't base my purcheses off of his opinion.

His Sculpting and Painting sections are usually pretty close to my own opinions. Not sure I'll be as upset over the hair "gap", but I didn't need a review to sway me in the first place.

I find in my humble experience that there are always more people in this hobby or in the realm of being comic / fantasy / sci fi fanatics that are harder to please. Often the reason is passion. People get very attached to characters and even particular versions of them. I think that is a lot of the reason people nit pick certain things when the character is translated into a form such as the Hot Toys figures. How often have you heard "Hulk is too short," or "Hulk is too tall!" "I cant stand the gaps in the arms!" Fact is Hulk's height varied from scene to scene in the Avengers, just as he can vary from one artist to another in the comics. It is because -everyone- sees a character differently. That is the beauty and hang up of art. As it is said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." You have to take such things with a grain of salt.

My philosophy is if you dont approve of the way something is done, get off your *** and improve it, make one of your own, or stfu. No offense to anyone. It's just nothing is perfect and the only way to get something the way you invision is to do it yourself. That is why I started drawing and writing comics. I wanted to see them done -my- way. But lots of people might not like my way and Im fine with that.

To put things in perspective, someine could argue that a figure which costs $300 and doesnt come with accessories, extra head sculpts or anything exclusive like a figure nearly half the same size does is a rip off...but personally I think that is a load of bs.

Proof? If it really doesnt have a good value ratio, then why is it that pretty much every HT licensed figure (especially the Marvel line) gains in value up to as much as 150% anywhere between the instant it sells out to 12 months after release? That is a no frackin brainer to me. Bought for $300 and worth $500 in probably as little as 6 months? Low value my ***. Sounds like 5 out of 5 to me. And how much value can you place on the smile these figures give you in hand?

No offense Mr Crawford. Just saying guys, if you love the figure, love it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Dont let it stop you from owning a great figure.

Haters gonna hate lol.

personally i don't read review's of figures, i'll watch a few you tube vids from sean long if i wanna hear a little yeah go ahead and buy it motivation becuase everything is awesome to sean long,

but honestly you can't beat in hand pic's if your on the fence about a figure; its a simple picture with out words to fill your mind; i like how hot toy's fb sends out a photo montage of bloggers, its a great li'l all you need kind of thing while you wait a bit more

I usually just skim a review to see if it is in line with my opinion. This one surprised me because it was so far off from my option. To me, Hulk is a solid 4/4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back