1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I've ever ordered from Alter Ego. It was cool to just get a shipping notification rather than the notice that I have two weeks of torture knowing that it'll be shipping soon, THEN waiting for it to get here from UPS :D

I'll have him Friday :yess:

We should get all the Ohio guys together and see how many Hulks we can get in one place lol

Alright!!!! :hi5:

IMG_0033_zpsce0d88dd.jpg

Check out a quick review I did this morning of the Jade Giant!

https://youtu.be/cHFcciVCvyI

That's cool! Great work Nick!!!! :clap

Not mine, but one of the best Hulk photos I've seen, IMO.

1229934_10151838097241955_1392948397_n.jpg

Agreed!

As for my Hulk, UPS delivered both him and Catwoman late in the afternoon. Luckily the rain had stopped by that time and I still had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work. So I made the most of those 10 precious minutes! I grabbed a box cutter and went to work quickly! I simply can't wait till morning before holding my grail of grails! (I should have played hookey from work...)

The outer packaging looks like it went through hell to get to me! Luckily I requested a pack out since it still arrived with one of his bottom corners slightly bumped. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that yet. I may contact SS for a replacement box if any are available. After all, I paid extra for shipping and he still arrived ruffed up a little.

Anywho, the interior carton is mine as is the figure itself! And oooooohhhh what a beauty he is! I barely had time for the Catlady since I was so in awe over how massive this wonderful figure is!!!! Too bad, I had to run out before I could take everything all in!!!! But oh my God!!!!! I can't wait to play.... er..... Photograph him!!!!

And what cool too, the BBTS has shipping my 2nd Hulk which will arrive to me by Thursday!!!! :yess:

Hence....

image_t6.jpg

My brief review: 10/10 :rock

I find in my humble experience that there are always more people in this hobby or in the realm of being comic / fantasy / sci fi fanatics that are harder to please. Often the reason is passion. People get very attached to characters and even particular versions of them. I think that is a lot of the reason people nit pick certain things when the character is translated into a form such as the Hot Toys figures. How often have you heard "Hulk is too short," or "Hulk is too tall!" "I cant stand the gaps in the arms!" Fact is Hulk's height varied from scene to scene in the Avengers, just as he can vary from one artist to another in the comics. It is because -everyone- sees a character differently. That is the beauty and hang up of art. As it is said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." You have to take such things with a grain of salt.

My philosophy is if you dont approve of the way something is done, get off your *** and improve it, make one of your own, or stfu. No offense to anyone. It's just nothing is perfect and the only way to get something the way you invision is to do it yourself. That is why I started drawing and writing comics. I wanted to see them done -my- way. But lots of people might not like my way and Im fine with that.

To put things in perspective, someine could argue that a figure which costs $300 and doesnt come with accessories, extra head sculpts or anything exclusive like a figure nearly half the same size does is a rip off...but personally I think that is a load of bs.

Proof? If it really doesnt have a good value ratio, then why is it that pretty much every HT licensed figure (especially the Marvel line) gains in value up to as much as 150% anywhere between the instant it sells out to 12 months after release? That is a no frackin brainer to me. Bought for $300 and worth $500 in probably as little as 6 months? Low value my ***. Sounds like 5 out of 5 to me. And how much value can you place on the smile these figures give you in hand?

No offense Mr Crawford. Just saying guys, if you love the figure, love it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Dont let it stop you from owning a great figure.

Haters gonna hate lol.

The reason "Value" doesn't really work for Mike's reviews is that there is virtually no deviation from the standard two star rating. From Hot Toys to MOTUC, same rating. I guess he must get some of these for free because I don't think he's appreciating how much $275-300 is a bargain for Hulk!

He does get much of his stuff for free.

If he got this for free I'm gonna smash somethin! :lol

personally i don't read review's of figures, i'll watch a few you tube vids from sean long if i wanna hear a little yeah go ahead and buy it motivation becuase everything is awesome to sean long,

but honestly you can't beat in hand pic's if your on the fence about a figure; its a simple picture with out words to fill your mind; i like how hot toy's fb sends out a photo montage of bloggers, its a great li'l all you need kind of thing while you wait a bit more

Sean Long's a trip! Good in small doses. Sometimes a picky review can prepare you for major problems ahead so you get to step into your disappointment a little easier. The best is when they figure out a way to repair a defect or a trick to futz a figure properly. Love that when that happens!

Alright!!!! :hi5:

That's cool! Great work Nick!!!! :clap

Agreed!

As for my Hulk, UPS delivered both him and Catwoman late in the afternoon. Luckily the rain had stopped by that time and I still had 10 minutes before I had to leave for work. So I made the most of those 10 precious minutes! I grabbed a box cutter and went to work quickly! I simply can't wait till morning before holding my grail of grails! (I should have played hookey from work...)

The outer packaging looks like it went through hell to get to me! Luckily I requested a pack out since it still arrived with one of his bottom corners slightly bumped. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that yet. I may contact SS for a replacement box if any are available. After all, I paid extra for shipping and he still arrived ruffed up a little.

Anywho, the interior carton is mine as is the figure itself! And oooooohhhh what a beauty he is! I barely had time for the Catlady since I was so in awe over how massive this wonderful figure is!!!! Too bad, I had to run out before I could take everything all in!!!! But oh my God!!!!! I can't wait to play.... er..... Photograph him!!!!

And what cool too, the BBTS has shipping my 2nd Hulk which will arrive to me by Thursday!!!! :yess:

Hence....

image_t6.jpg

My brief review: 10/10 :rock

This guy is in a league of his own. Can't wait for the shipment! :panic:

First time I've ever ordered from Alter Ego. It was cool to just get a shipping notification rather than the notice that I have two weeks of torture knowing that it'll be shipping soon, THEN waiting for it to get here from UPS :D

I'll have him Friday :yess:

Word.

I love living relatively close to Alter Ego Comics. My Hulk shipped out 8/27 and scheduled to be delivered 8/28. :yess: Hell, for The Hulk, I was sorely tempted to make the two hour drive to pick it up . Been waiting what seems like For-Ev-Er to get this figure.

I feel like I need a second Hulk. At first I wanted it to keep MISB, but now I want another so one can be displayed nicely and untouched and the other I can rough house with.

It's hilarious that moreso than most any toy, this one really makes me want to play with it. We goof around with many of toys often, but with Hot Toys it's mostly hand off because of the paint and tiny bits and stuff, but Hulk is so tempting to just grab and... I dunno.. I kind of want to throw him across the room at my shelf of cheap transformers and watch the carnage.

That's some real talent you got there and welcome to the boards.:welcome1:

Wrong thread for anything outside of Hot Toys Hulk though.

I feel like I need a second Hulk. At first I wanted it to keep MISB, but now I want another so one can be displayed nicely and untouched and the other I can rough house with.

It's hilarious that moreso than most any toy, this one really makes me want to play with it. We goof around with many of toys often, but with Hot Toys it's mostly hand off because of the paint and tiny bits and stuff, but Hulk is so tempting to just grab and... I dunno.. I kind of want to throw him across the room at my shelf of cheap transformers and watch the carnage.

:lol :lol :lol

:lol I completely agree. Ill probably have this guy out and about,no way I can just leave him in a detolf. Thought about displaying him at my rehearsal spot,all my bandmates are ****ing amazed,makes me laugh cause they joke about collecting "dolls". Now they want him:lol. But I figure what the hell,eventually there will be another Hulk figure and Ill keep him mint and displayed up. This guy is just too much fun to play with.

https://sulenar.deviantart.com/

Here is some random artwork of mine. Enjoy, guys!

Sweet!

Hopefully hot toys sends out another batch, I think they will cause its money in the bank, the demand for this piece is really high and I would not mine picking up a second at retail.

Picked up this guy today, and I must say, this is without a doubt my favorite figure Hot Toys has ever made. Iron Monger was my favorite, but this thing blows it out of the water. The shear mass of it alone makes all other Hot Toys seem puny.

I was very hesitant when the proto was revealed that I'd even want this figure. As the release date approached I had even contemplated cancelling my PO, as fears of it looking to 'toyish' began elevating in my mind. Cooler heads prevailed thankfully, and I am now sitting here with a full Avengers team in all its 1/6 glory.

Also, could there have been a better figure to be the last one released to complete the team? His presence makes me appreciate and enjoy the rest of the team now moreso than before.

Alas there is a downside to my finally having obtained this masterpiece. My most recent Hot Toys acquired prior to this is the Batmobile, and I'm afraid having received these two, nothing in the foreseeable future will compare.

Alas there is a downside to my finally having obtained this masterpiece. My most recent Hot Toys acquired prior to this is the Batmobile, and I'm afraid having received these two, nothing in the foreseeable future will compare.

You might be right, but a 1/6 Thanos will be a worthy item to stand across from this guy.

We also need new movie versions of Juggernaut and Thing to give the rest of the collection balance.

You might be right, but a 1/6 Thanos will be a worthy item to stand across from this guy.

We also need new movie versions of Juggernaut and Thing to give the rest of the collection balance.

I was thinking that the next releases that *might* be able to compete will be when Robo and Ed get released next year. But when I look at my shelves and see the full Avengers roster and Keaton Bats next to the car, its going to be hard to top either of those displays.

:exactly:
I have been thinking the same thing. The Hulk and Batmobile make for amazing displays.

I like Crawford's reviews, but he really should just great rid of the "Value" category. It's a very rare occassion he gives any collectible more than 2 stars and unless it's under $20 forget about three stars. He'd probably have to get it for free to give it a perfect value rating. :lol

He also seems to break or gets defective toys all the time and drops the score, which seems unfair for his carelessness!!!

I was thinking that the next releases that *might* be able to compete will be when Robo and Ed get released next year. But when I look at my shelves and see the full Avengers roster and Keaton Bats next to the car, its going to be hard to top either of those displays.

Ah, well true but you'd have to mix genres for that one.

There is certainly no other CBM vehicle that will ever ever ever ever compare to that 89 beaut. Aside from the 89 Batwing of course. :horror

He also seems to break or gets defective toys all the time and drops the score, which seems unfair for his carelessness!!!

Yeah but he usually makes it pretty clear that it may not affect the entire run, just his piece.

Mine got shipped today from a Australian store
Cant wait too see how massive this guy this even tho I don't have spots his height lol

Back