1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you can see, the pants are split at the top, there is no clasp on mine and the pants are just open and you can see the black liner underneath. As for the body, I am still not very impressed. Sure it took some effort to bring The Hulk to 1/6th scale I'm not denying that, but this is the first Hot Toys figure I own that feels more like a toy than a collectible.

20130819_150617_resized by More Than Just Reviews, on Flickr

No wonder it feels like cheap plastic, hes still wrapped in it :cuckoo:

As you can see, the pants are split at the top, there is no clasp on mine and the pants are just open and you can see the black liner underneath. As for the body, I am still not very impressed. Sure it took some effort to bring The Hulk to 1/6th scale I'm not denying that, but this is the first Hot Toys figure I own that feels more like a toy than a collectible.

It is a toy! It's released by Hot To.. . oh wait..

Anyways, isn't that what you buy it for? It's for playing! :wink1: Unless you really want a "collectible" get the Hulk Maquette!

As for the pants problem, maybe what you're holding is the first batch of Hulk. The later batches have no issues at all.

Last edited:

You win the award for intentional fail of the year. You've known exactly what you were getting if you paid any attention at all to released images. Yet you still bought him and you still complain about the look. Pretty pathetic bro. Better sell it to a bigger Hulk fan!

You win the award for intentional fail of the year. You've known exactly what you were getting if you paid any attention at all to released images. Yet you still bought him and you still complain about the look. Pretty pathetic bro. Better sell it to a bigger Hulk fan!

Nice, it appears that one cannot share an opinion without being attacked. I have my opinion on the piece, if you don't like it we can agree to disagree, but to call me pathetic for being disappointed in a piece is quite a childish attitude.

production flaws are inevitable with all the releases hot toys puts out. it would be easy to clasp the pants and save the hassle of return. i always pose my 1/6 scale figures and leave them until a different pose. i never 'play' with the figure because of breakage concerns. these are actually toys with the price of a high end collectible so caution is always advised when the figure is out of the package. if you wanted it to be collectible, you should have kept it factory sealed. the value falls once opened.

i get my items fedex and i have no customs charges. oh yea, i'm in the US. maybe you should...

5da7db164e4e4a0bb1b26138663bfc3a@2x.gif

its fed ex...they blow shipping to Canada. not to mention trying to pay those customs charges you NEED a CC or they will throw your bill immediately into collections. they accept ONE form of payment and that's it.

the only good thing about SSC using fed ex for Canadian orders is you always get your item within 3 days. it takes me a full week to get anything domestically from them....

go figure

production flaws are inevitable with all the releases hot toys puts out. it would be easy to clasp the pants and save the hassle of return. i always pose my 1/6 scale figures and leave them until a different pose. i never 'play' with the figure because of breakage concerns. these are actually toys with the price of a high end collectible so caution is always advised when the figure is out of the package. if you wanted it to be collectible, you should have kept it factory sealed. the value falls once opened.

I agree with you if I was concerned about resale value, I'm not. I collect because I have an attachment to a figure. These days one cannot simply leave a collectible in its box because of those production issues you mentioned, otherwise you could end up with a defective product and never know it because you didn't inspect it correctly. Personally, I like to display my collectibles in a display case so that I and others can enjoy them. Those who were making sarcastic remarks that it's a toy are kidding themselves. I doubt most serious collectors would actually "play" with these high end figures and mostly collect them to pose them a certain way in a display somewhere. With that's said, one cannot always tell what a final product will look in hand based on specifically selected photos the manufacturer puts out to show off the figure in the best light possible while minimizing any potential issues by hiding them. I shared my opinion on the piece, we can leave it at that.

Nice, it appears that one cannot share an opinion without being attacked. I have my opinion on the piece, if you don't like it we can agree to disagree, but to call me pathetic for being disappointed in a piece is quite a childish attitude.

You just spent about $300 for a collectible that you've had ample time to view from all angles on multiple sites for quite a few months. He looks every bit the same in all the other pics of him out there. The pants are an easy fix. I suppose we should somehow feel sorry for you or give a big round of applause for your ill-advised purchase? If it really feels like a toy to you, a toy with moveable eyes and highest quality sculpt detail yet for a Hulk figure, my suggestion is to sell it and get on out.

Calling this a toy is pathetic. Is it too much to ask for a coherent argument?

You just spent about $300 for a collectible that you've had ample time to view from all angles on multiple sites for quite a few months. He looks every bit the same in all the other pics of him out there. The pants are an easy fix. I suppose we should somehow feel sorry for you or give a big round of applause for your ill-advised purchase? If it really feels like a toy to you, a toy with moveable eyes and highest quality sculpt detail yet for a Hulk figure, my suggestion is to sell it and get on out.

Calling this a toy is pathetic. Is it too much to ask for a coherent argument?

Based on your logic, you've never purchased a product based solely on photos only to be disappointed and you never went to a movie based on a great trailer and came out feeling disappointed. Congratulations.

... this is the first Hot Toys figure I own that feels more like a toy than a collectible.

Yep, as A-Dev said, it's big, green and naked. Human and armoured figures are always going to appear less 'toy like' because most of the joints are hidden and the flesh tones are more natural to the eye. Jake Sully suffered from the same problem - scale and skin tone.

And as Frank said, you had ample time to check out the pics... I haven't seen this in hand, but I can't see how what you'd have in front of you could be much different from the pics that have been doing the rounds.

Even so, it's a bummer to be disappointed with a $300+ purchase. I think a lot of 1/6 collectors buy at least a couple of figures that turn out to be regret-buys. Loads of people want this figure though, you won't have any trouble selling it on, and almost certainly for a profit if you wait a few months. I'd get those pants replaced while the purchase is fresh though.

Just got my shipping notice, Friday my big naked green guy arrives. :yess:

I cannot wait, and I know I will not be disappointed.

Yep, as A-Dev said, it's big, green and naked. Human and armoured figures are always going to appear less 'toy like' because most of the joints are hidden and the flesh tones are more natural to the eye. Jake Sully suffered from the same problem - scale and skin tone.

And as Frank said, you had ample time to check out the pics... I haven't seen this in hand, but I can't see how what you'd have in front of you could be much different from the pics that have been doing the rounds.

Even so, it's a bummer to be disappointed with a $300+ purchase. I think a lot of 1/6 collectors buy at least a couple of figures that turn out to be regret-buys. Loads of people want this figure though, you won't have any trouble selling it on, and almost certainly for a profit if you wait a few months. I'd get those pants replaced while the purchase is fresh though.

Thank you for the feedback, I already opened a case with Sideshow for a replacement. I also agree with you that there will be disappointments throughout my collecting years and I am not oblivious to that fact and God knows this isn't my first one. I simply shared an opinion which seems to have struck a cord with some who felt the need to attack me instead of writing a constructive reply like you just did.

Regards

I thought mine was constructive enough. I just disagreed and said why and why I think it hasn't met your expectations. I wouldn't intentionally 'attack' someone giving their opinion because I've had it done to me in the past and its not nice.

I thought mine was constructive enough. I just disagreed and said why and why I think it hasn't met your expectations. I wouldn't intentionally 'attack' someone giving their opinion because I've had it done to me in the past and its not nice.

I don't think he meant you man.

I do think it is meant to be both a toy and a collectible, sort of a high end toy but still a toy nonetheless! This is still the best hulk toy/collectible/action figure/hulk out there by far anyway.

I simply shared an opinion which seems to have struck a cord with some who felt the need to attack me instead of writing a constructive reply like you just did.

There's rarely any malice in the attacks. Sometimes people who've been in a thread from the get-go get frustrated with some things being continually brought up, like the 'looks/feels like a toy' call. Not sure if that's the case here. Anyways, I always feel better about a dud-buy when I know it's a sought-after figure, like this one. It's the ones that you know you'll never get half of what you paid for it that grate.

a-dev, that was not directed at you. You only have to go a few posts up to see who it was directed at. I respect your opinion and thank you for a constructive argument.

Based on your logic, you've never purchased a product based solely on photos only to be disappointed and you never went to a movie based on a great trailer and came out feeling disappointed. Congratulations.

Fail comparison. This is a product that draws most of it's collector value based off its look. You didn't mention materials aside from his open pants and you glossed completely over the headsculpt.

Have you posed it, are there scuffs, have you even taken him out of the protective plastic?

If there is a major problem with the look of a figure, I won't buy it. Defects aside, can anyone truly claim that in hand this piece is wildy different from the volumes of pics out there? Different enough for you to cry "toy"? Game over, you lose. You have nothing further to add to the figure discussion. See you in the marketplace! :wave

When you say it "feels more like a toy", I have to say you "sound more like a troll" who just wants a reaction. Well you got a reaction, care to back up the "toy" statement a tad more?

Well according to the SSC website, my Hulk is still "shipping soon". But I just got an email from my "My UPS" account that tells me a package is arriving from SSC tomorrow. So that means Hulk is going out today!

I'll be receiving Hulk from SSC and Mk VII from Cotsworld Collectibles tomorrow! :rock

Back