1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
August 23 for waitlist conversions.....per mrs sideshow kathay

Aug 15 order processed plus five business days to allow people who didn't pay to come up with a second form of payment.

Has anybody who ever got in for a waitlist at least a month before release ever had their waitlist NOT convert??

And on another point,

I notice people are saying paint rubbing is a definite issue......and right out of the box no less. I guess there is no point to pay maquette prices for this toy when I can buy the maquette itself??

Anybody has both of these bad boys??

I think someone mentioned to pull out and clean his hands before you start posing the wrists.

Hes in montreal already, damn sideshow ships fast !!!

$57 of customs though, ****ing fedex :cuss

i get my items fedex and i have no customs charges. oh yea, i'm in the US. maybe you should...

5da7db164e4e4a0bb1b26138663bfc3a@2x.gif

:exactly:
You should not have such horrible inaccurate things in your house. Send them all to me and I will destroy them properly. I am so willing to help remove these monstrosities from your presence that I will even pay the shipping.

Thank you for understanding my unbearably horrific situation and providing me with a helpful escape. PM me and we can work out the details:1-1:

photo-2.jpg

scarjo1.gif

Mine still says processing! I hope this ships soon because I still have to wait a week for shipping!

Yep, same here. I'd almost rather that they don't put the "shipping soon" up at all. Just let me know when it's ACTUALLY going to ship. I've had shipping soon show up a week or so before actual shipment. Drives me batty.

He just arrived on my desk. To be honest, no very impressed. Has a cheap feeling to him even though he costs $300. I'm afraid to see what will happen to his flexible skin material in a few years as I have a feeling it will easily get damaged or start falling apart. Also, his pants are an issue, you see the black lining underneath and I don't see an easy way to hide it, there is no hook or button at the top to hold the pants together. I'll see if I can get photos of him later today.

Is $365 a good price shipped for this I'm wondering if I should buy it or wait to for it to release and get it for closer to retail.

He just arrived on my desk. To be honest, no very impressed. Has a cheap feeling to him even though he costs $300. I'm afraid to see what will happen to his flexible skin material in a few years as I have a feeling it will easily get damaged or start falling apart. Also, his pants are an issue, you see the black lining underneath and I don't see an easy way to hide it, there is no hook or button at the top to hold the pants together. I'll see if I can get photos of him later today.

He feels no more 'cheap' or no more damageable than any other HT figure to me. I can't agree at all with your first impressions. He's a big semi-naked muscle figure - I have to think the innate 'barebones' nature of this character is playing into your feelings. Quite simply though, he is what he is. And he's huge and heavy and was thusly always going be more expensive than the other 1/6ers.

he is actually maybe a tad short, 16.5X6=99 inches

99 divided by 12 inches = 8.25 feet, so he is approx 2 scale inches short

Its easier if you take his movie height 8'5" = 101 inches, divided by 6 equals 16.8333... So HT got pretty spot on

On another not, Got mine today!!! Not a single pic here has truely conveyed how much of a beast this guy really is, holy ***.

Mine has a clasp at the top of the pants to hold them together, take pics and contact whoever you bought it from

And I have to disagree with how you feel, this thing is made extremly well, there may be paint rubbing but people just need to take caution, HT provided all the info in the instructions on how to avoid that issue

Mine has a clasp at the top of the pants to hold them together, take pics and contact whoever you bought it from

And I have to disagree with how you feel, this thing is made extremly well, there may be paint rubbing but people just need to take caution, HT provided all the info in the instructions on how to avoid that issue

As you can see, the pants are split at the top, there is no clasp on mine and the pants are just open and you can see the black liner underneath. As for the body, I am still not very impressed. Sure it took some effort to bring The Hulk to 1/6th scale I'm not denying that, but this is the first Hot Toys figure I own that feels more like a toy than a collectible.

20130819_150617_resized by More Than Just Reviews, on Flickr

Again though I think that's just because of Hulk being what he is. A giant green naked muscle man. He is inherently more toy-like than your average human figure. Nothing about the way they might make him could make him less so unless they remove the joints but then he's not an action figure anymore.

Last edited:
Back