1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I'm actually really looking forward to finally getting a HT Hulk to stand next to my other Marvel characters. The biggest reason is that most all the movie Heroes but Hulk have been actors and even Ironman was mostly real gear that he wore with some parts CGI, but Hulk was all CGI.

In the movies (I'm referring to Avengers) the graphics were great, but you could still see that Hulk was just a tiny bit off (well, at least to me), so with the HT Hulk figure standing next to the rest of the HT Marvel Heroes he shouldn't look any different in appearance (reality) then them.

Did that make sense to everyone?

You know I'm actually really looking forward to finally getting a HT Hulk to stand next to my other Marvel characters. The biggest reason is that most all the movie Heroes but Hulk have been actors and even Ironman was mostly real gear that he wore with some parts CGI, but Hulk was all CGI.

In the movies (I'm referring to Avengers) the graphics were great, but you could still see that Hulk was just a tiny bit off (well, at least to me), so with the HT Hulk figure standing next to the rest of the HT Marvel Heroes he shouldn't look any different in appearance (reality) then them.

Did that make sense to everyone?

Interesting little fact, Iron Man in the battle in New York was completely CGI...with the exception of RDJ's head, he wore the Mark VI suit to give ILM a general idea and they had to completely CGI the Mark VII suit...

including the scene where Hulk woke him up

dont know why but im still on fence with this one, it may be the price or the fact that a newer version i assume will come out not long after....i have the rest of the avengers team minus nick fury and widow

I know the figure is huge, but considering the lack of accessories they really need to do a 2nd head sculpt with a screaming face on it. IMO.

Let's face it, with any or all of these figures (regardless of franchise) there is usually always going to be a better/different/alternate version down the line.

It just depends on when - if ever - you personally want to bite the bullet. It took me a long time to decide on getting this figure, but then I realised that I might not be in a position to get the next version...so I bit the bullet and ordered it from my UK supplier.

And now that I have, I do not regret it for one second. Otherwise I'd have a large HULK shaped gap in my group line up, and I am already using my Iron Man MkIV (my preferred version of the character) as my Avenger.

Interesting little fact, Iron Man in the battle in New York was completely CGI...with the exception of RDJ's head, he wore the Mark VI suit to give ILM a general idea and they had to completely CGI the Mark VII suit...

including the scene where Hulk woke him up

I believe it's on the Avengers DVD extra features where they show and explain Robert wearing only parts of the Armor then the rest being added in CGI. Of course any scene showing him falling is going to be all CGI.

I believe it's on the Avengers DVD extra features where they show and explain Robert wearing only parts of the Armor then the rest being added in CGI. Of course any scene showing him falling is going to be all CGI.

as in there was a MK VI prop suit from IM 2 that Robert wore in the Avengers, especially on the Helicarrier and when confronting Loki in Germany. But there was no prop suit for the MK VIII so he wore the VI suit as a placeholder for the effects company to get a general idea

I know the figure is huge, but considering the lack of accessories they really need to do a 2nd head sculpt with a screaming face on it. IMO.

Or even a plain face would be cool. I agree, some sort of extra head would be nice. Probably not until there is an exclusive or version 2.0.

Will this even fit in a detolf? I have a custom made case for all of my Marvel and DC figures, I think I went 16 inches tall when I made it, hopefully hell fit.

anyone putting hulk in a detolf?

I hope to do the same thing I did with Monger... Take out the lowest shelf and then stand him on an acrylic riser to eat up some of the dead space:

monger2.jpg

Sallah

Back