1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFM. What body is that you have Thor on? Is it the same one you've always had? The arms look pretty beast!
hy8usuge.jpg

Now that I have my Avengers assembled, this figure has done the impossible... taken my eyes off of the MK VII when I look at the team on my shelf. Outstanding figure.

It's funny you say that.
I cannot walk past my Detolf without stopping to look at the Hulk.
Very few figures have had that sort of impact on me. Always great when it happens though.

I never picked apart the figure in fact I complimented it so theres no need for panties getting in bunches. And it's not about buying things I don't like, I could not wait for Hulk, I was disappointed when I got it and saw the final result in my hands.

And it's not the way the chest hair is sculpted I don't like, it looks fantastic, it's that instead of painting the hair carefully like they did on say Wolveriene, they put this lame gray wash on it so the recesses are actually darker and the hair is light. It looks wrong and it looks bad.

Give it a few posts and I gaurontee that there's going to be at least a few who pipe up that they agree with me about the paint on the chest, not that it ruins the figure but it certainly does not look as good as the prototype.

My only other gripe is his elbows and the rubber, usually I like rubber but his elbows look funny bent the only reason I'd advocate for plastic is that it would allow the body to be sculpted as amazingly and panted as amazingly as the head.

As for the extras a different head could have helped, maybe with less rage than more, or like three switch out faces more rage, the middle or we got and less rage. And a stand with rubble might have been nice as well.

Yes the price would have went up. That's ok though, I do agree its not a bad price point.

I never picked apart the figure in fact I complimented it so theres no need for panties getting in bunches. And it's not about buying things I don't like, I could not wait for Hulk, I was disappointed when I got it and saw the final result in my hands.

And it's not the way the chest hair is sculpted I don't like, it looks fantastic, it's that instead of painting the hair carefully like they did on say Wolveriene, they put this lame gray wash on it so the recesses are actually darker and the hair is light. It looks wrong and it looks bad.

Give it a few posts and I gaurontee that there's going to be at least a few who pipe up that they agree with me about the paint on the chest, not that it ruins the figure but it certainly does not look as good as the prototype.

My only other gripe is his elbows and the rubber, usually I like rubber but his elbows look funny bent the only reason I'd advocate for plastic is that it would allow the body to be sculpted as amazingly and panted as amazingly as the head.

As for the extras a different head could have helped, maybe with less rage than more, or like three switch out faces more rage, the middle or we got and less rage. And a stand with rubble might have been nice as well.

Yes the price would have went up. That's ok though, I do agree its not a bad price point.

Yeah, but boring? The paint applications for the chest hair made this piece boring? Raymond I know you've got cause to be biased in Batman's favor and that's fine, but come on man you know that's trolling.

I just got him and he is a solid brick of a figure! He's got an absolutely commanding headsculpt, fantastic articulation, muscle mass that exceeds his cinematic couterpart. We're actually getting way more in terms of the actual figure plus the moving eyes.

Sure, it would have been awesome (and very expensive) to get a nice cracked street diorama or something like the smash kit in the way of included accessories, but boring?

Man, you might as well be selling hamburgers in Nepal.

:slap

I dunno dude, if anything I'd troll on batman way before the hulk. In fact I've given it pretty bad to a few recent figures like catwoman, I give it hard when it's deserved and I praise hard when it's deserved, believe me I'm not giving it hard to hulk that's because as I said from my first post clearly, it's a successful and well done figure in my book.

Let me make this clear.

1. I like the figure. It was made as well as it could be.

2. I find it Boring, it might just be me. I'd pay a little more for a few more parts with options for more diversity.

3. The chest hair paint application is really the only thing I have harsh criticism over.

That's hardly trolling, it's constructive criticism that most would or should agree with (the price point vs. more accessories is subjective and I can see the argument for both) but the paint application on certain areas, specifically the chest hair and especially at that scale I'd find a hard time anyone trying to defend its done up to their calibre. Does it ruin the whole thing? Obviously not but its still not up to par.

But aside from the paint application on the chest I don't have much else to criticize objectively, how I feel about the figure irrespective of that is my prerogative really.

I'm not going to defend the Hulk much, I have him and I like the fact that he's the biggest HT in my collection. I agree with Raymond to some degree. I don't know if boring is the right word, but the Hulk is pretty underwhelming overall. He's big, scratch that... massive with a great head sculpt but HT could've done more justice bringing this figure to life. They spent so much time and energy creating other figures and when it came the Hulk, they stopped short to deliver that punch we've all been waiting for.

Again, to me, its an excellent figure but it never gave me the impression that they spent a lot of thought designing this figure. It was more like "Work on a fantastic head sculpt and we'll put a huge green body on it" approach.

I dunno dude, if anything I'd troll on batman way before the hulk. In fact I've given it pretty bad to a few recent figures like catwoman, I give it hard when it's deserved and I praise hard when it's deserved, believe me I'm not giving it hard to hulk that's because as I said from my first post clearly, it's a successful and well done figure in my book.

Let me make this clear.

1. I like the figure. It was made as well as it could be.

2. I find it Boring, it might just be me. I'd pay a little more for a few more parts with options for more diversity.

3. The chest hair paint application is really the only thing I have harsh criticism over.

That's hardly trolling, it's constructive criticism that most would or should agree with (the price point vs. more accessories is subjective and I can see the argument for both) but the paint application on certain areas, specifically the chest hair and especially at that scale I'd find a hard time anyone trying to defend its done up to their calibre. Does it ruin the whole thing? Obviously not but its still not up to par.

But aside from the paint application on the chest I don't have much else to criticize objectively, how I feel about the figure irrespective of that is my prerogative really.

I'm not going to defend the Hulk much, I have him and I like the fact that he's the biggest HT in my collection. I agree with Raymond to some degree. I don't know if boring is the right word, but the Hulk is pretty underwhelming overall. He's big, scratch that... massive with a great head sculpt but HT could've done more justice bringing this figure to life. They spent so much time and energy creating other figures and when it came the Hulk, they stopped short to deliver that punch we've all been waiting for.

Again, to me, its an excellent figure but it never gave me the impression that they spent a lot of thought designing this figure. It was more like "Work on a fantastic head sculpt and we'll put a huge green body on it" approach.

What I don't get is how, if you guys have been looking at pics at all since it was officially revealed, only just now think it's blah.

You actually went ahead and bought the thing based on the strength of said photos (esp. Ray since he hates the supporting movie), get this massive green monolith in hand and suddenly discover you can't pose him like Spiderman. You must have thought he looked pretty boring in pics and videos of this thing and thought "I can change him!"

Well, this ain't a Lifetime presentation! :cuss

:lol

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the amount of work that went into actually making the figure possible. The R&D and tooling on just the body and materials themselves probably drove production costs up so much that accessories and alternate sculpts would have caused the retail price to be bumped up by at least $150.

I'll be honest, based on photos of the figure I thought he was boring as hell. I'm not a huge Hulk guy. I like the character, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan. In HT and others' pics, he looked like an unposeable lump, which I've called him on more than a few occasions. I only bought him because I had the chance to get him at retail and I knew I'd regret it down the line if I didn't pick him up. Once I got him out of the box and next to the other figures, he blew me away. I think he's one of HT's biggest (no pun intended) achievements yet. As a toy/action figure, he's pretty boring. You can't do much with him. But as a visual with the other Avengers and in terms of what HT achieved at this price point, he's a home run.

What I don't get is how, if you guys have been looking at pics at all since it was officially revealed, only just now think it's blah.

:lol

:lol I bought him because he's the Hulk and I'm a fan of him and this is the only representation of him in a 1/6 scale. I'm sur emost people feel the same but they end buying it anyway since there's no other options out there. That's not too hard to understand.

I think a lot of you guys are underestimating the amount of work that went into actually making the figure possible. The R&D and tooling on just the body and materials themselves probably drove production costs up so much that accessories and alternate sculpts would have caused the retail price to be bumped up by at least $150.

Nah, I've seen what HT can do in terms of R&D and this really fails in comparison tbh.

:lol I bought him because he's the Hulk and I'm a fan of him and this is the only representation of him in a 1/6 scale. I'm sur emost people feel the same but they end buying it anyway since there's no other options out there. That's not too hard to understand.

No it isn't, but it still means you knowingly spent $300 bucks on something you consider merely acceptable.

Just for that I hope you spill grapejuice on your golden keyboard!

It's $300 lol. It's really not a big purchase like buying a house or a car, jeez lol

Is that a "jeez I spilled my grapejuice" or a "jeez look at that guy with the keyboard not made out of precious metals"?

:tap

4ysysudy.jpg

Did this display just to see if it would work. If I can get a city background I may keep it like this with a few tweaks here and there.

I got the Hulk last week. I didn't like the Avengers and hated both of the Hulk movies but could not say no to a Hot Toys Hulk.

I think it's done just about as well as it could be but I don't know why this does not excite me. I do like the character the hulk but I find this figure really boring, he can only assume a few poses though the extra hands is nice,

I'm not sure what else they could have done with him so he gets a positive rating in my book I just find it such a boring figure.

The only gripe I have with it is I think the chest hair I painted really badly, it looks very fake compared to the rest of the figure and considering its rubber, I like how the rest is painted but nothing looks as realistic as the head. It's because of the rubber i guess.

If you don't like any of the movie versions of the Hulk, why did you buy the version based off the Avengers Hulk? Why shocked about the lack of accessories when They tell you what it's coming with before you purchase? The reason why the figure doesn't excite you is because you're not a Fan of the Hulk.

Back