1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had two owners recently complain to me about dealing with sideshow.

One said that sideshow just cut the profit margin for retailers by 10%, from like 40% to 30% I think, so now he won't order stock really and will just do specific ppl's preorders.

The other lcs said that their sideshow account was cancelled when one day sideshow told them they had a new minimum order of $10k per year in order to be an authorized dealer through sideshow. The lcs said "ok well we've already ordered like $6,000 or so this year" and sideshow said "nope, that doesn't count, you have to place $10k woth of orders now or you lose your account". It's a smaller lcs so... Account lost.

It's a matter of demand - they have lots of retailers that want to carry their stuff and they don't make enough to go around - so they have to find a way to limit it.

Temporary display :wave
Will transfer Loki to this shelf soon.

AvengersConf1.jpg

I got the Hulk last week. I didn't like the Avengers and hated both of the Hulk movies but could not say no to a Hot Toys Hulk.

I think it's done just about as well as it could be but I don't know why this does not excite me. I do like the character the hulk but I find this figure really boring, he can only assume a few poses though the extra hands is nice,

I'm not sure what else they could have done with him so he gets a positive rating in my book I just find it such a boring figure.

The only gripe I have with it is I think the chest hair I painted really badly, it looks very fake compared to the rest of the figure and considering its rubber, I like how the rest is painted but nothing looks as realistic as the head. It's because of the rubber i guess.

I got the Hulk last week. I didn't like the Avengers and hated both of the Hulk movies but could not say no to a Hot Toys Hulk.

I think it's done just about as well as it could be but I don't know why this does not excite me. I do like the character the hulk but I find this figure really boring, he can only assume a few poses though the extra hands is nice,

I'm not sure what else they could have done with him so he gets a positive rating in my book I just find it such a boring figure.

The only gripe I have with it is I think the chest hair I painted really badly, it looks very fake compared to the rest of the figure and considering its rubber, I like how the rest is painted but nothing looks as realistic as the head. It's because of the rubber i guess.

Invalidates everything following this statement...

LMAO post of the year.

I think Hulk could have really benefited from a diorama base and maybe some other accessories for him to pick up, like that Smash kit on ebay. Despite his massive stature, its a bare bones figure. But if HT had added all that stuff it would have raised to the price to 400-450. I was very happy with Hulks price point. I feel HT main priority was to make it as affordable as possible.

Im really hoping Banner is the Hulk booster pack.

that's ok dude. just keep buying things you don't like. someday, you will buy something you don't like and it will suddenly excite you.

that is how you know you've found the one and 'happy ever after' will be yours forever.

until then, never stop buying things you hate. persevere!

couldn't resist...had some fun with him last night, lol

null_zpsec794e6c.jpg

Last edited:

Therefore, rooted chest hair = exciting figure for Raymond.

Naturally, the Hulk would fail to titillate you. You go girl!

:lol

Last edited:
Therefore, rooted chest hair = exciting figure for Raymond and Irvy.

Naturally, the Hulk would fail to titillate you. Nice going girls!

:lol

Dude I was laughing AT his post! Buying figs of characters you hate is the best way to collect sir :lol

Dude I was laughing AT his post! Buying figs of characters you hate is the best way to collect sir :lol

Ah, another case of the misconstrued internet sarcasm. I shall edit as duty requires. My apologies!

One thing that could definitely add more character or life in the figure is another head, perhaps one showing the Hulk with more rage

Perhaps something like this

avengers+28.jpg

I can see HT creating a battle damaged version in the future, hopefully not a straight reissue like Reeves Evil Superman.

They would never ever do it, but in an ideal world it would be cool if they released extra heads and accessories in separate packs down the line.

Back