1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, but you mentioned it was a mistake and a set isn't in the works. If that's the case, why do they still have this link up for all this time on their site?

I've been pretty detached from the forum since the beginning of December and I'm just catching up with everything now. I didn't bother to see what the talk is in that dedicated thread yet, but I'd imagine if they have the link for that teaser up for over 2 months, then a set is in the works.

This have been discussed more than a couple of times before and even had a seperate thread but end point is SSC did say that it was just a mix up and made a mistake bec they put this up during the time before Hot toys revealed the accesory pack

This have been discussed more than a couple of times before and even had a seperate thread but end point is SSC did say that it was just a mix up and made a mistake bec they put this up during the time before Hot toys revealed the accesory pack

I think the reason people are still bringing this up is because Sideshow have still got it as coming soon in that area of their website..., no idea why as like you say, they've acknowledged the error?

A fully-dedicated BD Mark XLII is the only IM figure HT won't make. Besides Rescue Potts. :monkey3
I wouldn't go that far. They told distribution companies they where going to make one. If they do or not is anyone's guess. But if they can reuse the buck for the 42/43 again I don't know why they wouldn't. Or at least an accessory pack with BD parts (the already tooled ones from the two figures) for both the 42 and 43. I wouldn't be surprised if they did one. In fact I'd be a little more surprised if they didn't. I think it got put on (according to what I've heard) becuase of the mk43 similarity. Between two 42s already and two 43s coming they opted to hold off on announcing it.

Edit-and that confirmation from sideshow came from a con rep. Someone that does work at the con. It's like asking a stock boy at Walmart if they will be carrying a certain product in the future. You might get an answer. Heck it may even end up correct. Doesn't mean they knew for sure and where not making assumptions themselves. If it was an error they knew about at SDCC 2014 I doubt they would still have it in the coming soon section in jan 2015. I have not checked but I bet it's still there.

I was so tempted to get this one, but decided to go with the Mark 43. I just prefer red to be the dominant color in the suit. And I am trying to limit myself to one Iron Man in the collection.

Ahhhh, got ya. I haven't been around much lately so a lot of news has passed me by.

I think the reason people are still bringing this up is because Sideshow have still got it as coming soon in that area of their website..., no idea why as like you say, they've acknowledged the error?

That's exactly it. If it's a mistake or cancelled or whatever, why is it still up? They should just take it down and cure any confusion

That's exactly it. If it's a mistake or cancelled or whatever, why is it still up? They should just take it down and cure any confusion

It is odd that they've not removed it from their website still, I'll email them & ask why it's still there? See if that gets it resolved.

Uuuggghhhh. I'm so weak. So I'm finally breaking down and going for this guy.

I lost touch with this thread a while back. How did the arm issue work out for everyone? I know that everyone got their replacements but did the issue persist with the replacements? Was it an early batch that was faulty and then good ones started shipping, or I'm I likely to get a bad one this late in the game and have to get the damages replaced?

It is odd that they've not removed it from their website still, I'll email them & ask why it's still there? See if that gets it resolved.

I'm curious to know. It's not like they don't have another teaser that could take it's spot. They could swap it out for the AoU pic

Just sold this guy. It's a great figure but I hated the movie and never cared for the coloring. The AOU Mk 43 that's coming out should fix both of those problems.

Shoulder Mod:
  • Popped the silver sphere endcaps off both sides of inner shoulder.
  • Lifted out Shoulder Armor from socket.
  • Unscrewed/Removed Shoulder Armor Hinge.
  • Put Endcaps back on.
  • Hot Glued ends of Electric Cord Ties to underside of Shoulder Armor. This holds them in tight and are easily removable for when I find a more permanent fix.
  • Add gear thingies.
  • Slide ends of ties into body, under the armor, but above the extending shoulder socket.
k.jpg

This makes IM look less FootBall Pad-like and (I think) makes the body look less thin.

Before/After:

K_BefAft2.jpg

k4.jpg

k9.jpg

k17.jpg

And with my preference of Shoulder Armor:

k25.jpg

k27.jpg

Nice work Mark. :clap

What 'gear thingies' did you add? Also, did you consider gluing small magnets to the piece you removed and then the torso instead of hot gluing the electric cord tie to ensure they never fall off?

This is absolutely fantastic!
Is the articulation-possibility still the same as before?
Yes. Articulation is the same. For extreme poses, it's just easier to slide the shoulder armor out, pose the arms and then put the shoulder armor back on. In fact, for repulser blast poses, since the shoulder armor is not attached to the joint anymore you can reposition the shoulder armor so that's it's more on top still...and not totally around towards the back.

Nice work Mark. :clap

What 'gear thingies' did you add? Also, did you consider gluing small magnets to the piece you removed and then the torso instead of hot gluing the electric cord tie to ensure they never fall off?
Yes....but this seemed less bulky...and that's what I was trying to do...get rid of as much bulk under the shoulder armor at possible.
The "gear thingies" are the little prongs you see coming out of the torso, towards the inner shoulder.

Awesome mod!! It looks fantastic. Wish I didn't come back here to see it!!

I thought I was out for a second and and told myself that I rather go with the 43, and I don't need 2 color variants of the same armor... but I forgot about all these BD parts :monkey1

Great work and nice pics MC :clap

Awesome mod!! It looks fantastic. Wish I didn't come back here to see it!!

I thought I was out for a second and and told myself that I rather go with the 43, and I don't need 2 color variants of the same armor... but I forgot about all these BD parts :monkey1

Great work and nice pics MC :clap

I try not to be too negative about things, but regarding the Mk 43 - it's more expensive than the Mk 42 and doesn't come with any swappable parts besides the missile launcher gauntlet? Please Hot Toys, justify to me how it's costing you that much to produce a repaint of a figure you've already got 95% of the toolings for (and have presumably recouped the investment based on Mk 42 sales) with less accessories and extras.

Bellyaching aside, the Mk 42's a really nice figure. If you shop around the orient you can probably swing a really good deal on one new in box, I'd say go for it.

ended up buying the M42.. no regrett, its heavy and very nice paint app... the only thing that bother me when i lift up his right arm, the joint shoulder was easily detach. Great Fig otherwise...

Back