1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done the Shoulder-Mod on my 2nd Mark XLII (with the BD-Parts). Thanks a lot Mark... pretty happy with the result.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

Hope you like it
Chris

Shoulder Mod:
  • Popped the silver sphere endcaps off both sides of inner shoulder.
  • Lifted out Shoulder Armor from socket.
  • Unscrewed/Removed Shoulder Armor Hinge.
  • Put Endcaps back on.
  • Hot Glued ends of Electric Cord Ties to underside of Shoulder Armor. This holds them in tight and are easily removable for when I find a more permanent fix.
  • Add gear thingies.
  • Slide ends of ties into body, under the armor, but above the extending shoulder socket.
View attachment 160705

This makes IM look less FootBall Pad-like and (I think) makes the body look less thin.

Before/After:

View attachment 160704

View attachment 160706

View attachment 160707

View attachment 160708

And with my preference of Shoulder Armor:

View attachment 160709

View attachment 160710

Droooooool. Take my money to BD the rest of my figure!

I've had this figure since December but I haven't even looked in this thread... I usually subscribe to all my owned figures' threads.

Finally got this guy. Put in battle damage because he was that way most of the movie.

Got mine last week, there seems to be a bit of loosness in the hips, anyone else encounter this.

:clap congrats man.. it's a great figure, really excited for the diecast line!

Thanks. Its a great fig. Looking foward the more DC releases.

Got mine last week, there seems to be a bit of loosness in the hips, anyone else encounter this.

Mine doesn't have loose legs but there is a button in the lower back area that you press to release the legs it may have something to do with that.

Back