1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s really a nice looking armor. I was fortunate enough to buy a set from a fellow member who fully battle damaged one. That’s the one I keep on permanent display.

B90A10F3-AADF-4FD9-B266-B032520AAD97.jpeg

Well after bouncing back and forth between the 42 and 43, I finally settled on this one as it seemed a bit more distinctive, and also had a more memorable role on screen. Plus for $375 shipped it also included a bonus Pepper sculpt which just seemed too cool to pass up. :D

I can understand why the shoulder joints would bother some, but honestly in hand it doesn't stand out that much to me, as long as I remember to keep them pressed in. Getting that skull cap off to switch on the light was a massive pain though. I'm in the process of wiring up my figures so it'll definitely be nice not to bother with that anymore!

20190708_192121 (3).jpg

20190708_192139 (5).jpg

20190708_191927 (4).jpg

Very nice. I have both the 42 and the 43, but I agree that the 42 is more unique with the gold more dominant over the red, and played a larger role. Like I’ve mentioned, I was at first going to sell mine, but I recently reconsidered a couple of months ago, and I’m glad I held onto it. It seems like this figure is having a bit of a resurgence.

I also agree about the shoulder joints. As long as you keep the caps pressed in, they’re not that big of an eyesore to me.

I'd pretty much sworn this one off but since the 43 is about to be perma-inside of the Hulkbuster I think I'm going to get it for the sake of completing out the diecast 40s.

For those of you that have bought it would you say that the general scheme grew on you when you had it in hand or opinions stayed about the same post-purchase?

I wasn't quite as blown away as I was with my Mk 6 and 46 when I opened them up, but it does still look really impressive in hand and fits in well next to my other diecasts. Although that said, I don't think I would have wanted to pay more than $400 for it.

The gold really does stand out nicely. I hated it when I first got it, but did so out of completions sake. It certainly grew on me, then I sold it to a board member after I got the 1/4 scale.

I wasn't quite as blown away as I was with my Mk 6 and 46 when I opened them up, but it does still look really impressive in hand and fits in well next to my other diecasts. Although that said, I don't think I would have wanted to pay more than $400 for it.

The gold really does stand out nicely. I hated it when I first got it, but did so out of completions sake. It certainly grew on me, then I sold it to a board member after I got the 1/4 scale.

Thank you, guys. Hulkbuster gets here Friday so I'll judge it by how I feel once the 43 is inside of it but I'll say that even though I'm not really a completionist I'm so close now having the 43-47 that I feel like I'm going to go **** it, why not?

Thank you, guys. Hulkbuster gets here Friday so I'll judge it by how I feel once the 43 is inside of it but I'll say that even though I'm not really a completionist I'm so close now having the 43-47 that I feel like I'm going to go **** it, why not?

Why not just use the Mark 43 bust that comes with the HB?

Lol well I never had the courage to put my own inside honestly. Even with the leg sleeves, I was too scared of scratching up the paint while trying to get him to fit in properly. This guy even did it with a 46:

More power to you guys :duff

Yea it makes no sense not to go ahead and put it inside of there especially with the photo potential of the 43 partially emerging from the suit and the like. I'm not watching the video but if a 46 can fit inside just as well then I don't know why anyone would fear putting a 43 in.

Back