1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the right arm falls off because of a faulty rubber ring. I think later batches were fixed but Im not too sure. The arm on my 42 has been fine.

Thanks for the reply brother :hi5:

I wasn't glued to this thread because I wasn't interested in getting this until recently. I know when I did chime in here and there the shoulder issue seemed to be wide spread and common.

Can anyone else add any info or confirm if the later batches were issue free?

Thanks for the reply brother :hi5:

I wasn't glued to this thread because I wasn't interested in getting this until recently. I know when I did chime in here and there the shoulder issue seemed to be wide spread and common.

Can anyone else add any info or confirm if the later batches were issue free?

Hot Toys made a modification to the shoulder articulation of later batches.. however general consensus is, that because of the huge amount of articulation possible from that new (double action) joint design, you need to avoid 'forcing' arm poses using the figure's lower arm as a lever..refer to the specification sheet pictures, for how the joint works, to avoid accidental damage.

Hot Toys made a modification to the shoulder articulation of later batches.. however general consensus is, that because of the huge amount of articulation possible from that new (double action) joint design, you need to avoid 'forcing' arm poses using the figure's lower arm as a lever..refer to the specification sheet pictures, for how the joint works, to avoid accidental damage.

Thanks brother :hi5:

The seller said that his inventory is from second wave or later batches, so I'm hoping that this will be one of the corrected examples.

This pic shows an arm from the later batches, the middle arrow shows a single white washer.. On the original batches there were two washers (one on each side of the central diecast post ) that design appears to have put too much pressure on the grey plastic part of the joint articulation, when it was being manipulated.. resulting in breakages, so HT removed the second washer.

You're the man Taibhse, thanks for digging that up for me! Rep'd

I usually do my own digging and don't pester the threads with lazy questions, but I've been unplugged for a while and playing catch up has been like a second job

Good luck, PCK, here's hoping you get a good one. :duff

:hi5: Thanks for the good wishes, I'm feeling like I need some luck!

You're the man Taibhse, thanks for digging that up for me! Rep'd

I usually do my own digging and don't pester the threads with lazy questions, but I've been unplugged for a while and playing catch up has been like a second job

:hi5: Thanks for the good wishes, I'm feeling like I need some luck!

No problem, man. :duff As Taibhse wrote, referring to the lower arm as a lever, so long as you take your time and go nice, slow and deliberate, using the bicep to articulate the arm, you should be fine.

Thanks! I finally got some detolfs around the middle of March and I did a Show Your Shelves thread. I'm getting around to posting the figures in the threads now.

the XLIII puts this to shame :lol I probably won't be picking this up after all :slap

I think the 42 is a great armor and goes well with the !M3 test tony. It stands out. The 43 is good too but once 45 comes out not so much, also since there will be an ultron mk1 the base loses it's appeal. 45 and 42 on display would look nicer than a 45 and 43 to me. :monkey3

I can't decide what to do with my 42. I want the 43 and I feel they are too similar to have both (and for space reasons..)

Thanks! I finally got some detolfs around the middle of March and I did a Show Your Shelves thread. I'm getting around to posting the figures in the threads now.

They do look great my friend! Congrats

Back