1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's exactly the same thing as before. And I still have to see a load of pics of the damage, it's the same few pictures doing the rounds since this came out. The issue is that the die-cast heaviness of the figure makes you confident in your bending and posing. Problem is the joints are not metal. Like this arm ring. So snap, snap snap it goes. It also feels like you can do compound movements on the shoulder joint at the same time. You can't. Do it and the arm will inevitably break off. Same old story as the ASM figure.

And there are no 1st, 2nd batch fixes at this point. It's all crazy hysteria and rose tinted glasses. the figure is metal but has delicate normal arm joints. End of.

I love it! These are will be my 1st 2 IM figs, diecast all the way.

Definitely worth it. Possibly the best collectibles I own. The War Machine Mark II is also worth your interest if you like these. The mid-tone grey on that figure sparkles a little like granite in the right light.

I always think it's funny how far they go out of their way to not make RDJ look so short. I'd love to see behind the scenes exactly everything that they do to make it not so obvious. Heels, different shooting angles, whatever. Aren't Evans / Hemsworth about 8" taller?

The+Avengers+10+-+you've+got+a+mean+Swing.jpg

film2_avengers_19.jpg

I also wonder if they intentionally didn't cast any one over 6' tall in IM3 just to keep it simple. Seriously, how tall ARE all of these people??

IronMan3Red14-580x372.jpg

Thanks for the IM3 cast photo, cofphoto. I don't think RDJ is as short as everybody thinks he is, he's probably about 5-8 or 5-9, which, if you go by Hollywood's leading men, is par for the course. He's probably wearing lifts in those sneakers.

Most actors are on the short side. Guys who are well over 6 feet tall, like Neeson and Hemsworth, are anomalies while many actresses are taller than the average height of 5-4, 5-5.

View attachment 130960

14923277050_5dbbb75d54_c.jpg

View attachment 130964

15107209951_ff7c319a0f_c.jpg

I decided it's physically impossible to pose the figure in the ground punching pose without some slight elevation for the arm. An iPhone case or the base for the figure should work. I don't know what ejay is doing to get those extreme poses out of the Iron Patriot and the Mark XLII, but neither figure moves like that. You can however, still get some amazing kneeling poses.

Yeah, it's do-able with the War Machine figure, but this one...

I've seen it done, but maybe I worry about pushing the limits of this figure.

I decided it's physically impossible to pose the figure in the ground punching pose without some slight elevation for the arm. An iPhone case or the base for the figure should work. I don't know what ejay is doing to get those extreme poses out of the Iron Patriot and the Mark XLII, but neither figure moves like that. You can however, still get some amazing kneeling poses.

Go to 6:13.

Oh ok, I was looking on the gold part. I would probably get nitpicky about something like that, especially if it came like such, so I would contact SSC and see if they can send you a replacement. If you're good at mods like many people here are, you can probably fix it yourself or ask for advice.

Oh ok, I was looking on the gold part. I would probably get nitpicky about something like that, especially if it came like such, so I would contact SSC and see if they can send you a replacement. If you're good at mods like many people here are, you can probably fix it yourself or ask for advice.

Oh ok thanks man. I'll contact them tomorrow see what they say?

Back