1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to remember seeing the Mechanic head on the 42 body a few pages back but I can't seem to find the pic ...
yeah i guess you'll be able to put it on without a neckpost or taking the original neck out, still...not the same:gah:

His right arm at the shoulder joint is stiff as hell and I can't rotate it after pulling it out of the socket as per instruction manual. I'm afraid I'll break the arm off like in some photos. Anyone have a fix for this? Left arm seems fine.

I'll post flip phone photos and I won't give a rats ass of you all like them or not. Lol.

As far as that pose... You all do realize these bloggers own professional cameras and they do trick them, right? They also happen to know PS quite a bit.

Also, imitating a heavily CGI'd pose with a diecast figure might just not be ENTIRELY possible unless you remove pieces or what not, thus making it look very unnatural.

But that's just me.

Got to spend some time with MK42 yesterday, and noticed right away when I opened the box that the gold shoulder armor was just loose inside the box, did anyone else have this? Also, the right arm on mine was noticeably stiffer than the left as well, dw316.

I had read about the breaking joints, so I was being extra careful with it. The right arm did pop out at the ball joint though, is that normal? I was able to pop it back in, but it still scared me. :)

Got to spend some time with MK42 yesterday, and noticed right away when I opened the box that the gold shoulder armor was just loose inside the box, did anyone else have this? Also, the right arm on mine was noticeably stiffer than the left as well, dw316.

I had read about the breaking joints, so I was being extra careful with it. The right arm did pop out at the ball joint though, is that normal? I was able to pop it back in, but it still scared me. :)

Same thing on mine. The shoulder armor portion shouldn't be a problem since it's supposed to come out. Same thing with the ball joint, if you read the instructions, you're supposed to pop it out before articulating the arm, but yeah, I can't seem to rotate that right arm at all compared to the left.

I'll post flip phone photos and I won't give a rats ass of you all like them or not. Lol.

As far as that pose... You all do realize these bloggers own professional cameras and they do trick them, right? They also happen to know PS quite a bit.

Also, imitating a heavily CGI'd pose with a diecast figure might just not be ENTIRELY possible unless you remove pieces or what not, thus making it look very unnatural.

But that's just me.

Yep, the heads only really look downward, you have to take a upward shot with the camera to make it seem like he's facing forward. But they still look decent, especially if you plan on putting them on the higher shelf like I do :wink1:

It's almost as if you and Optibotimus have the same exact figure! Go to 18:30, right arm pops off too easily.

His right arm at the shoulder joint is stiff as hell and I can't rotate it after pulling it out of the socket as per instruction manual. I'm afraid I'll break the arm off like in some photos. Anyone have a fix for this? Left arm seems fine.
I had the same issue and seen it here on the forums as well. Must be somewhat common. I just gently turned the arm until it moved, now no problems. The arms (both of them) are somewhat stiff tho.

There seems to be a lot of people having problems with the arms/shoulders on this figure which is putting me off getting it, does anyone actually have any figures, percentages or anything that would give a clearer indication of how widespread these problems actually are?

I think it is down to handling. I've had mine for a while now and it is fine and that includes posing the figure in different poses!

There seems to be a lot of people having problems with the arms/shoulders on this figure which is putting me off getting it, does anyone actually have any figures, percentages or anything that would give a clearer indication of how widespread these problems actually are?

It'll likely be your fault if it breaks.

But you will blame HT.

When I received mine last week, the right arm was completely off from the shoulder socket. It's not as tight and kind of loose as far as swaying forwards and backwards using the extra pivot articulation.

It'll likely be your fault if it breaks.

But you will blame HT.

Well that's kind of unhelpfull also inacurate if Hot Toys are producing a poseable figure which has a defect in the joints then that would indeed be their fault and since they are seemingly redeigning the area in question thereby recognizing there is a problem/defect, the fault is theirs, plus the fact people are discribing these faults straight out of the box in some cases just doesn't inspire confidence in spending £260+ on a possibly defective product.

I don't have one. If I do get one I want to be able to pose my very expensive poseable figure without it breaking, that in my opinion is not to much to ask. So I would merely like to know if theres a 1/10, 1/100, 1/10000 chance of reciving a duff figure, if the whole thing is a rarity or common place that to I think is not to much to ask.

When I received mine last week, the right arm was completely off from the shoulder socket. It's not as tight and kind of loose as far as swaying forwards and backwards using the extra pivot articulation.

The right arm on my figure was not attached to the shoulder joint in the package although I didn't notice it until I removed the figure from the box. The arm went back in fine and was really tight. So tight that if I moved the arm upwards at all it would pop out of the socket. I have had mine sitting in the cabinet for the past couple of days untouched and now the right arm will not come out of the socket. Before I couldn't even use the arm socket extension feature or move the arm laterally without the arm coming off.

At this point I am guessing that the figure was a bit warm from being in the UPS truck. After sitting in A/C the plastic has contracted around the ball joint and now the arm doesn't come off. If my theory is true I would recommend anyone buying one of these to open the package and let the figure come to room temperature before removing it. Remove the main plastic cover that is covering the figure (not the plastic on the figure itself) so it can properly cool down. Maybe the diecast material is exacerbating the issue?

Well that's kind of unhelpfull also inacurate if Hot Toys are producing a poseable figure which has a defect in the joints then that would indeed be their fault and since they are seemingly redeigning the area in question thereby recognizing there is a problem/defect, the fault is theirs, plus the fact people are discribing these faults straight out of the box in some cases just doesn't inspire confidence in spending £260+ on a possibly defective product.

I don't have one. If I do get one I want to be able to pose my very expensive poseable figure without it breaking, that in my opinion is not to much to ask. So I would merely like to know if theres a 1/10, 1/100, 1/10000 chance of reciving a duff figure, if the whole thing is a rarity or common place that to I think is not to much to ask.

Nobody really knows how widespread it is but between here and Facebook i have only seen maybe 10 broken joints.

I finally got mine to rotate, phew... just gotta be really careful with it, and SEANLONG's review video actual helped.

United at last! Will have some fun posing them around when I get back.
b944990f4a2f22163d641632975a786a.jpg

Back