1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said for the 3rd time, I read that info. And if you are saying this

for example helmet will be made of plastics. Die cast part will be used on arms and legs

One line of info is anywhere near as definitive as this

Comprises of at least 88% die-cast metal alloy
Die-cast metal mask, torso, arms, & legs
Battery operated lights for ARC Reactor, eyes
& palm areas (batteries included)
Magnetised feet automatically activate
Hall of Armor lights when placed in position
Armored figurine with 50 points of articulation
Ball-jointed shoulders for full range of
arm movements
Double-jointed body, bendable at upper torso
Fully articulated hands and fingers
Comes with a figure stand
Packaging artwork by Adi Granov

Then I stand corrected.

I know some here are on the fence on this figure. I for one want this to go with my IP. I preorderd mine from BBTS last night. They don't require a non-refundable deposit, so I can cancel later if I change my mind, or something gets announced that trumps this figure.

Last night they had 125 preorders available when I ordered mine, but this morning their preorders are sold out. So this seem to be a demanded figure for sure. Considering there are still some Mark VII MMS up for preorder.

:exactly: I did the same thing here yesterday... pre ordered just in case and can change my mind later if I want to.

for example helmet will be made of plastics. Die cast part will be used on arms and legs

One line of info is anywhere near as definitive as this

Comprises of at least 88% die-cast metal alloy
Die-cast metal mask, torso, arms, & legs
Battery operated lights for ARC Reactor, eyes
& palm areas (batteries included)
Armored figurine with 50 points of articulation
Ball-jointed shoulders for full range of
arm movements
Double-jointed body, bendable at upper torso
Fully articulated hands and fingers
Comes with a figure stand (obviusly)
Packaging artwork by Adi Granov

:slap..

All I see there is figure specs mixed with articulation info, the same kind of info HT gives to all their figures. And they also talked about the articulation which is far better than the PI version.

I guess I could understand you doubts (wheatever they are) if you never bought a IM figure.. or any kind of figure. HT assumes you'll know that their figure will have the ball-jointed shoulders and other parts but... its ok, I hope you find what you are looking for :peace

Lol, no it doesn't. They're both good, but the Mark XLII looks the most like RDJ in my opinion.

PD1365156664OYp.jpg

It's a good face sculpt, but something with the eyes looks slightly off to me. Maybe they're slightly too big? I dunno.

They are.. It looks like the same updated headsculpt they use for the MMS191 worst RDjr heasculpt I've ever seen imho

I hope you're being dramatic with your 'honest opinion'.

review_htironman_1.jpg

I agree it's not perfect, but it's getting better with each successive release. Except maybe the Test Mech/Mark IV releases.

Well that thing right there... I've never seen it, I don't consider that a hs :lol

Anyway, yeah they get better, even if they don't change it I'll get the figure anyway, I just don't like it because it almost looks sick... but I don't care that much

Absolutely! I meant no personal offense, I just get strangely defensive when people complain about about 1/6 scale sculpts blown up 3 times on a computer monitor with potentially (likely) crazy camera distortion and lighting. People complain about the Mark IV sculpt for many of the same reasons but damn, when it's on the figure displayed on the shelf and you see it with your own eyes in natural lighting it looks great. I always try to look at the positive attributes of the sculpts during this early phase, and reserve negative judgement for after I can see it in person. Except the Indiana Jones DX sculpt. I couldn't find anything good to say about that one :lol

Well that thing right there... I've never seen it, I don't consider that a hs :lol

Anyway, yeah they get better, even if they don't change it I'll get the figure anyway, I just don't like it because it almost looks sick... but I don't care that much
Think what you want, it dosn't change the fact that it's a hot toys head. Came with the original Mark III

Not sure if anyone noticed, but this guy is already sold out for pre-orders at BBTS. He sold out in less than a day and Iron Patriot sold in in under two weeks if I recall correctly.

My gut tells me they're just being conservative with preorders, but just something to keep in mind.

I hope you're being dramatic with your 'honest opinion'.

review_htironman_1.jpg

I agree it's not perfect, but it's getting better with each successive release. Except maybe the Test Mech/Mark IV releases.

That waistline is so laughable. I laugh every time I look at my own Mark III figure. He's got a waistline thinner than what Pepper's or Agent Romonoff's would be.

That waistline is so laughable. I laugh every time I look at my own Mark III figure. He's got a waistline thinner than what Pepper's or Agent Romonoff's would be.

Waistline!? :rotfl The whole figure is horrible! As far as proportion goes.

That's why I'm dying for them to come out with the Mark 3 Diecast with the proper proportions.

:slap..

All I see there is figure specs mixed with articulation info, the same kind of info HT gives to all their figures. And they also talked about the articulation which is far better than the PI version.

I guess I could understand you doubts (wheatever they are) if you never bought a IM figure.. or any kind of figure. HT assumes you'll know that their figure will have the ball-jointed shoulders and other parts but... its ok, I hope you find what you are looking for :peace

I don't really have doubts. I love HT. They are amazing. I have 49, including 13 armors. I guess what I'd like to know before I drop $320 per figure, is what the specific difference is going to be between the diecast MMS and all the MMS armors we already have. And like you said, that probably won't be revealed. At least until an in hand review happens 8 months to a year from now.

I don't really have doubts. I love HT. They are amazing. I have 49, including 13 armors. I guess what I'd like to know before I drop $320 per figure, is what the specific difference is going to be between the diecast MMS and all the MMS armors we already have. And like you said, that probably won't be revealed. At least until an in hand review happens 8 months to a year from now.

Thats a good point, I already assume they'll never make a regular MMS IM3 armors. I think it just wouldn't make sense. And since they are the only ones they make real high end figures.. it looks like we don't have much choice. I just don't like the PI version, it will be hard to get and it will be more expensive something like +200.

And for many other reasons I'll just never consider getting it. But who knows.. I guess the important difference between the regular MMS and diecast is the articulation, and it looks like the diecast will have far less accesories, but yeah we'll have to wait for more info

Absolutely! I meant no personal offense, I just get strangely defensive when people complain about about 1/6 scale sculpts blown up 3 times on a computer monitor with potentially (likely) crazy camera distortion and lighting. People complain about the Mark IV sculpt for many of the same reasons but damn, when it's on the figure displayed on the shelf and you see it with your own eyes in natural lighting it looks great. I always try to look at the positive attributes of the sculpts during this early phase, and reserve negative judgement for after I can see it in person. Except the Indiana Jones DX sculpt. I couldn't find anything good to say about that one :lol

You and many others! and they said they'll make Han Solo next year.. thats something worth seeing.

I know what you mean, I don't make big deals about hs, even if I don't like it much at first I end up loving all the hs of the figures I get

Last edited:
I really hope they make an effort to reduce the gap under the chest armor. It's pretty unbecoming on an otherwise great looking figure.

575861_10151347407942344_1836130508_n.jpg

ironman3-empirescanphoto1.jpg

Damn. I'm extremely dissapointed that armours from now on will probably be diecast. I hope this is a temporary Hot Toys fad, and they soon go back to plastic. Chinese diecast translates to zinc with lead impurities. The paint is going to react and fall off, and that's if the metal itself doesn't decompose in a few years.

Even if the Chinese somehow turn it around with their metallurgy (not likely), low-pressure metal casting will still result in bad detail resolution (as seen in these previews), crazy prices, and less intricate and numerous accessories. GIMME PLASTIC PLEASE!!!

...low-pressure metal casting will still result in bad detail resolution (as seen in these previews)...
People keep saying this, and it makes sense, but I don't see it. Here's the die-cast MMS next to the plastic PPS; where's the MMS coming up short in detail?

PD1365156710QEn.jpg

PD1359951431Y1j.jpg

^ Look at the small details on the sides of the abdominal area - the grey/silver parts. They look sloppier in the top picture than the bottom one.

552850_510698102325518_618205229_n.jpg

Love that big-*** base! Should be no problem posing him hovering in the air with this one, yeah?

You like die-cast, AND you want him in a flight pose? LOL. Good luck with that.

But hey, at least that inital pulling him out of the box will be "whoa, nice and heavy"!

Back