1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I've got that "wow" reaction from a Tony Stark headsculpt from Hot Toys, seriously. I thought all of the previous attempts were bad to decent but I never really cared about those since I wasn't going to use them anyway. But this is the first Iron Man figure I actually want to display with the face showing.

Love this figure!

575906_510695742325754_251267095_n.jpg

Really like the armor behind the head to avoid the pencil-neck look of past Iron Man figures:

149026_510695815659080_1327299703_n.jpg

Love this figure!

Really like the armor behind the head to avoid the pencil-neck look of past Iron Man figures:

149026_510695815659080_1327299703_n.jpg

Thats one of the things I really love about this armor :clap :drool
I love the overall design of course, but I love Heartbreaker too I don't know which armor I like the best.. I guess I'll deside that after I watch the movie

damn i wish this is not on the new suit. I like the mark vii better but this looks more proportional than all of the other previous IM figures. The only piece needs to be adjusted is the gap under the chest piece.

I just wish HT would give us info like this from Play Imaginative

Comprises of at least 88% die-cast metal alloy
Die-cast metal mask, torso, arms, & legs
Battery operated lights for ARC Reactor, eyes
& palm areas (batteries included)
Magnetised feet automatically activate
Hall of Armor lights when placed in position
Armored figurine with 50 points of articulation
Ball-jointed shoulders for full range of
arm movements
Double-jointed body, bendable at upper torso
Fully articulated hands and fingers
Comes with a figure stand
Packaging artwork by Adi Granov

They did more or less.... in the Diecast thread you can find it. The HT dicast have far more articulation, 3 points of articulation on the elbows (so it can bend more than 90 degrees) and torso, I guess the rest its pretty much the same as the old figures .. :dunno I think they said the diecast is mostly on the arms and legs (there must be some in the torso) and I'm not sure about the head..

Personally, I won't even consider buying the PI version

:wave

Hi Femtech!

Pretty ****ty time all round :(

However, I am a positive person

I'm so sorry to hear about your tragedy, Colin. You can PM me anytime.:1-1:

This suit presumably has some new tricks and party favors up its sleeves, but since none seems to have made it onto the prototype fig (perhaps due to spoilers), and considering how Tony's progressive arsenal additions per suit are a major draw for me, I think I'm going to place my hopes in a future version of the HT XLII. Watch the suit have no new weaponry in the film.:slap haha 'Would have to get gadget fix from the other marks, in that case.

They did more or less.... in the Diecast thread you can find it. The HT dicast have far more articulation, 3 points of articulation on the elbows (so it can bend more than 90 degrees) and torso, I guess the rest its pretty much the same as the old figures .. :dunno I think they said the diecast is mostly on the arms and legs (there must be some in the torso) and I'm not sure about the head..

Personally, I won't even consider buying the PI version

You start by saying they did more or less give us this info, and then finish with a bunch of guesses. :dunno

What Play Imaginative did was specifically define what parts are diescast. Thats what I'm looking for in the new HT diecast line. I've searched every thread about diecast, googled it, and I've searched on FB. I wasn't able to find any info like that.

Last edited:
You can't find info on it because Hot Toys never gave any info on it. That's how you know they themselves know they're embarrassed about it. Play Imaginative has no shame because they're can proudly say their Diecast figure has 80-88% Metal.

It's sad that Hot Toys is cheapening out by making it 40% and then they chicken out, hide the info from the general public, and charge $310 for it. The only way we found out is from the recent magazine that isn't even up for sale for us people over at the states.

It is what it is but it's a piss poor thing to do. For the price we pay, they should at least come out and give us the full details on this line. They even quietly kill off the plastic mms line, except the Mark VII.

I wanted to do this pose... :lol

iron-man-3-kids-choice-awards.jpg

but I guess that was an unrealistic idea

You start by saying the did more or less give us this info, and then finish with a bunch of guesses. :dunno

What Plat Imaginative did was specifically define what parts are diescast. Thats what I'm looking for in the new HT diecast line. I've searched every thread about diecast, googled it, and I've searched on FB. I wasn't able to find any info like that.

:slap .. just scroll down in the Marvel forum :lol

You can't judge HT just because I can't remember exactly what they said..

Here:

here's an article on HT diecast picked up from on.cc (not using google translate this time :lol )

According to HT: Collectors have always been complaining that Iron Man figures from HT aren’t solid or heavy enough; so when HT received the green light to manufacture Iron Man 3 figures, we wanted to implement new design. After many research and development, we came out with this new series MMS Diecast Series, by using diecast material yet not compromising its pose ability.
Say good bye to ‘pink panties’
In order to make it [Iron], part of the components need to be compromised; there can’t be too many details when using die cast, for example helmet will be made of plastics. Die cast part will be used on arms and legs. The figure will be consist of 40% die cast hence it will weight around 1.5 kg; it will be one of the heavy weight figure. On the other hand, the usual ‘panty’ PVC part will be replaced by ABS, the ‘pink panties’ issue will be resolved.
The joint part will be even more realistic.
Would there be a problem since it is much heavier now? HT has modified part of the joints with ratchet mechanism, hence improvising the pose ability on diecast material. There more development on other parts: the chest and abdominal are comprised of 3 parts, allowing more movement; elbow consists of 3 joints, hence it could bend more than 90 degrees, all these development are to achieve more human realism. Whilst on head sculpt, despite Don Cheadle has approved it, JC. Hong is yet to be satisfied hence it is still under some modifications. Iron Man fans have to be more patient before the final head sculpt is being released.

Last edited:
552850_510698102325518_618205229_n.jpg

Love that big-*** base! Should be no problem posing him hovering in the air with this one, yeah?

That base is smaller than the ones they put out now. And I'm guessing they're gonna throw some diecast in the base to hold it down for the figure, so theres another chunk of your 40% lol.

I don't care about what percentage is plastic and what percentage is diecast. I just want to know what it is. I own a dozen plastic armors. So I don't care what HT is doing compared to anyone elese as far as percentage of plastic to diecast. I just want to know what part are made of what?

I don't care about what percentage is plastic and what percentage is diecast. I just want to know what it is. I own a dozen plastic armors. So I don't care what HT is doing compared to anyone elese as far as percentage of plastic to diecast. I just want to know what part are made of what?

I don't think they will ever release specific details of that. They can't even tell us the percentage. No way would they bother giving specifics telling us which part is metal and what not.

I wanted to do this pose... :lol

iron-man-3-kids-choice-awards.jpg

but I guess that was an unrealistic idea

:slap .. just scroll down in the Marvel forum :lol

You can't judge HT just because I can't remember exactly what they said..

Here:

Please don't be offended, but why do you insist on telling me the info I'M asking for exists? It doesn't exist. They haven't released, and probably won't release, the specific details that PI did about their Alloys. :dunno

Stop advising me to scroll down. I'VE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE.

Back