1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got him this morning. This is the most beautiful Hot Toy I've seen in a very long time. It's up there with the best they have done IMO.
I'm selling all my other Marks because I don't think they have a patch on it, even with the Mark 42's design (which I love personally).

No shoulder joint issues apparent with mine, but I can see how people would break them if they were used to previous IM figures,
this is a very different piece of engineering (I don't have Patriot).

It's heavy, but not Diecast C3PO heavy. It's just beautiful.

A few interesting things (which you probably all know already, I haven't watched any of the video reviews):
1: You get a tiny and very useful screw driver with him, and the batteries are supplied but separate.
2: Both my shoulder pad/armor sections were off and loose in the box, which gave me a fright when i opened it.
This could be the cause of some of these scratches I've seen on pics? Thankfully my guy was fine, but I thought he was
broken in the box when I opened him. Loose metal parts is a terrifying prospect on a set like this, serious paint damage could occur.
3: My mistake about the articulated fingers, they are in the box!!!!!
4: The neck is cool but strange, it's great you can pose him looking skyward, but it leaves a strange gap.
5: The grabber on the stand is barely big enough and could scratch him. Be careful.

Overall, I'm really impressed with him straight out of the box. Amazing, amazing release.

Last edited:
Thanks Rory.. Nice mini-review. It is very strange that they would leave out articulated fingers. That had become pretty standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're wrong with number 3. There's articulated fingers with this figure.

"One (1) pair with improved articulation, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)" - Sideshow Collectibles

You know what? let me double check, maybe I just missed them. I didn't go through everything properly before writing first reactions.

It's an amazing figure guys, really really impressive. The proportions of the body are spectacular.

EDIT: yes, they are there, down the end under some clear plastic. :slap

:lol

You know what? let me double check, maybe I just missed them. I didn't go through everything properly before writing first reactions.

It's an amazing figure guys, really really impressive. The proportions of the body are spectacular.

EDIT: yes, they are there, down the end under some clear plastic. :slap

:lol

ahhh! I knew it :lol

You know every now and again a figure comes along that you can just stare at and it makes you happy?
It's one of those. I know it's expensive compared to previous IM sets, but really it's at a much higher level than those that came before.
Even the box looks and feels expensive. Extremely impressed with it.

You know every now and again a figure comes along that you can just stare at and it makes you happy?
It's one of those. I know it's expensive compared to previous IM sets, but really it's at a much higher level than those that came before.

Awesome!! I can't wait to get mine!

nice, I'm looking forward to this guy now :wink1:

Awesome man! Thanks for your input. May I ask how the mk7 compares to this? I'm selling my mk7 as I plan on just having 1 iron man and think this mk42 should be the one.

Got him this morning. This is the most beautiful Hot Toy I've seen in a very long time. It's up there with the best they have done IMO.
I'm selling all my other Marks because I don't think they have a patch on it, even with the Mark 42's design (which I love personally).

No shoulder joint issues apparent with mine, but I can see how people would break them if they were used to previous IM figures,
this is a very different piece of engineering (I don't have Patriot).

It's heavy, but not Diecast C3PO heavy. It's just beautiful.

A few interesting things (which you probably all know already, I haven't watched any of the video reviews):
1: You get a tiny and very useful screw driver with him, and the batteries are supplied but separate.
2: Both my shoulder pad/armor sections were off and loose in the box, which gave me a fright when i opened it.
This could be the cause of some of these scratches I've seen on pics? Thankfully my guy was fine, but I thought he was
broken in the box when I opened him. Loose metal parts is a terrifying prospect on a set like this, serious paint damage could occur.
3: My mistake about the articulated fingers, they are in the box!!!!!
4: The neck is cool but strange, it's great you can pose him looking skyward, but it leaves a strange gap.
5: The grabber on the stand is barely big enough and could scratch him. Be careful.

Overall, I'm really impressed with him straight out of the box. Amazing, amazing release.

Your recommendation carries alot of weight- buying TWO. I think it's the end-all IM figure up to now.

I've started selling some of my figures which is something I thought I'd never do. But I get decent money and it funds the hobby :)

The secret is to box the figure up and keep it out of sight for a week. If you don't miss it.. SOLD! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back