1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for those videos! Definitely we all need to learn this one before twist and turning him. Just got mine and he's awesome. He feels like a brick in hand. If other die casts are crafted like this one, this raises the bar bag time. I like the weight of this the best so far. View attachment 92058View attachment 92059

makes my mouth water looking at your pics...

ucbgUmU.jpg

s80Wr0J.jpg

JrcOhFF.jpg

ACSd5X9.jpg

PRo0Ym0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid! I feel like an idiot missing the hip joint part. I was looking at it thinking it might be a joint but couldn't figure out how to pop it out. Here's my second attempt

Hot Toys War Machine Mk2 revised by siningy, on Flickr

I spent quite some time trying to get him in that pose. It's more difficult than it looks. Still, I'm glad I caved and got this.

Ok finally got him set up with the rest of the iron legion and I've got a few things to say. He FEELS great, I know most people didn't think the diecast and weight were necessary but boy o boy did he change my mind. I also put up midas after and he felt so cheap and toy-like comparatively. This guy has improved articulation in basically all areas except the head for some reason. The best thing beside the extra joints is the addition of the transforming pants as I like to call them. This makes dynamic poses with the legs and ab articulation that much better, super cool addition. Overall an outstanding figure that makes the increasing price points actually seem worth it. Here's hoping they continue the diecast line because now all the rest feel cheap an unarticulated by comparison. I eagerly await mk 42 and iron patriot! :lecture :lol

Ok finally got him set up with the rest of the iron legion and I've got a few things to say. He FEELS great, I know most people didn't think the diecast and weight where necessary but boy o boy did he change my mind. I also put up midas after and he felt so cheap and toy-like comparatively. This guy has improved articulation in basically all areas except the head for some reason. The best thing beside the extra joints is the addition of the transforming pants as I like to call them. This makes dynamic poses with the legs and ab articulation that much better, super cool addition. Overall an outstanding figure that makes the increasing price points actually seem worth it. Here's hoping they continue the diecast line because now all the rest feel cheap an unarticulated by comparison. I eagerly await mk 42 and iron patriot! :lecture :lol

WOW! Looks like diecast may put all plastic MMS IM line out to pasture- you sound convincing!

I got my exclusive war machine mark II today and it's fricking awesome. I was afraid to break the styrofoam cover when I was opening it. Didn't get much chance to mess with it, my wife and daughter we're coming home shortly. So soon I will take war machine out and pose it and photograph it. Another reason why I am glad that I have and SLR camera, I got a Nikon d3100 I forget the megapixels but it does take awesome pics. I just need to have a better set up so I can photograph everything better.

Ok finally got him set up with the rest of the iron legion and I've got a few things to say. He FEELS great, I know most people didn't think the diecast and weight were necessary but boy o boy did he change my mind. I also put up midas after and he felt so cheap and toy-like comparatively. This guy has improved articulation in basically all areas except the head for some reason. The best thing beside the extra joints is the addition of the transforming pants as I like to call them. This makes dynamic poses with the legs and ab articulation that much better, super cool addition. Overall an outstanding figure that makes the increasing price points actually seem worth it. Here's hoping they continue the diecast line because now all the rest feel cheap an unarticulated by comparison. I eagerly await mk 42 and iron patriot! :lecture :lol

:exactly::hi5: I could not have said it better

Just got mine today as well. The only IM figure I have is Mark IV and I definitely think that they should revisit at least Mark III and VII as this is far superior. Worth every penny. Wasn't going to get 42 or the IP but just preordered 42 and don't think I'll be able to resist IP. If you're on the fence, pick this guy up and you won't regret it.

Not the biggest deal but the screw for the chest batteries on mine is stripped. Any suggestions for getting that sucker off?

Not the biggest deal but the screw for the chest batteries on mine is stripped. Any suggestions for getting that sucker off?

Yikes. Ootb or what? Just curious. (Note to self: don't do that. ). Maybe try grabbing the screw's head with a tiny pair of pliers or eyebrow tweezers and then slowly unscrew it while holding the clamps down?? May take a while but you might get it. Let us know how it goes.

That's why I'm paranoid with monkeying with these ht figures. I bought the entire Mark 1-7 line in a month and Midas, etc and every time I gently moved something or tried to pulling an arm rocket outward something went wrong or started cracking in a scary way. By the time I got to IM III and the arm rocket pin fell off on me, I called a time-out on handling these too much. Sadly enough I stay away from posing them. Something as basic as swapping batteries with these guys is nerve wrecking enough to make one reach for a xanax bottle.

Yikes. Ootb or what? Just curious. (Note to self: don't do that. ). Maybe try grabbing the screw's head with a tiny pair of pliers or eyebrow tweezers and then slowly unscrew it while holding the clamps down?? May take a while but you might get it. Let us know how it goes.

That's why I'm paranoid with monkeying with these ht figures. I bought the entire Mark 1-7 line in a month and Midas, etc and every time I gently moved something or tried to pulling an arm rocket outward something went wrong or started cracking in a scary way. By the time I got to IM III and the arm rocket pin fell off on me, I called a time-out on handling these too much. Sadly enough I stay away from posing them. Something as basic as swapping batteries with these guys is nerve wrecking enough to make one reach for a xanax bottle.

Mine is the same on the chest battery cover. Came overtightened and stripped.

To get to the chest compartment use the screw driver horizontaly, at first I tried in a 90° angle till I realized you have to aproach the screw horizontaly and had no problem after that. I hope it helps. :)

Got mine tonight. Nothing missing, but the box had been opened and all the batteries and the screwdriver were in with the figure, and not in the seperate section. Also the head for the mini version was pulled off and floating about in the box.
Great figure though.

One way to fix a stripped screw is to hammer the face of the screw, but in minifigures that's kind of hard... unless you can find a way to do it.

In my opinion all I collect besides Hot toys, and a few figures are die cast action figures which are all Saint Seiya. Die cast is the best thing ever, plastic feels cheap and the paint on diecast lasts way longer than plastic. This figure feels perfect, not too heavy nor too light, If it's too heavy over time the figure's ankles will give out over the weight and no matter what you do it will be impossible to stand it up with out a stand. But so far it's holding up great, although my ankles did come a bit too loose, this figure is excellent I love it, too bad you don't see it in the movie, but I always did love War Machine!!!

Bandai's saint seiya myth cloth line at first was tank like die cast armor, over time figures with too much armor was too much for the poor ankles, over time they got smart and developed lightweight diecast allow that feels light and it's more malleable for figures, this what this figure resembles and I like it!!! call me crazy but it's bat **** cold outside, and you touch diecast, they feel soo cold lol..

I just got my War Machine in today and I love it. The weight of the die-cast really does make a difference and the articulation Is a huge improvement. I really cant wait for the other die-cast figures to come out now and hope that they remake mark I-VII in die-cast as well.

Great reviews guys. It seems the terms "diecast" and "superior" are going hand-in-hand. I agree that the regular releases feel "cheap" in comparision (not the quotation marks people...). There seems to be some resistance to that, but to each their own. I'm of the opinion that diecast has updated these figures and made releases such as War Machine MKII superior to the plastic ones, but again this is merely my opinion.

I agree revisiting the "vital" armors such as Mark IV and VII with diecast updates would be neat. Think what a beast a updated Mark I 3.0 with diecast would be like...

I'm in the process of getting some photos of this guy taken. Will share when I have the time. Remarkable release!

Back