1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Diecast MMS198D03 War Machine Mark 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Scale Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - War Machine 2.0

Same here. The only reason I thought War Machine was kinda cool vs. regular Iron Man was that it was bulkier and looked like it was an offensive beast, as the Mark I War Machine did.

Same here for me. While I would like to get this one I will worry more about getting the Igor or heartbreaker before this one or IP.

Re: 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - War Machine 2.0

:lol This is the post where it should have ended:

But you just had to get a word in 9 posts later. That's why I bit on your sanctimonious, patronising, retirement-village drivel. Maybe you're the grumpy old man I thought I was :duff

Fortunately, I could give a crap less what you THINK I may be. Or what you think you may know about me from reading a few post on this forum. What I first said wasn't offensive. You took it to that level. So enjoy you mind reading and highly UNKNOWLEGEABLE judgmental mindset and have a nice day.

Re: 1/6 Scale Limited Edition Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - War Machine Mark 2

if this is plastic its an instant buy for me, if not its just like all the rest, although I totally see this as just a diecast IP repaint

The poster for Red Snapper says Power Pose on it. The poster for BD Mark VII says the same as WM 2. I hope you're right. I prefer more all plastic MMS figures also.

pretty sure this will be MMS. Instant buy!

Same here. The only reason I thought War Machine was kinda cool vs. regular Iron Man was that it was bulkier and looked like it was an offensive beast, as the Mark I War Machine did. This was back in the early '90s before there were millions of Iron Man armors of all varieties, and a version of the armor in a very different color, with distinct features, and a different guy using it was actually kind of novel and cool back then. This new one just looks like a regular IM armor with a gun on the shoulder to me.

Yeah, the bulkiness and over-the-top weaponry of War Machine are what make him stand apart from Iron Man and that's why I liked him in the comics and movie. This looks too much like another Iron Man armor to me.

Ditto. The original War Machine actually looked like a different character. This new one looks like a repaint of regular Iron Man armor.
I like the bulkiness of the first one really supports the name War Machine. This skinny one is like.... meh LOL

Hammer-tech vs Stark-tech right there. Designers did a good job of differentiating things between WM 1.0 and 2.0.

WARMACHINEROCKX

14074_635427063140360_556164031_n.jpg

Meh. I'd rather get Koto's.

same here. Really like this version of War Machine BUT won't probably get it if it's Diecast :lol

How come? Is it the lack of fine detail, likelihood of paint chipping, wear on the joints or lack of accessories that doesn't appeal? Are you skipping the whole die-cast line? The MMS WM is nice enough, but having to worry about the torso breaking, and having bits fall off, and the lack of weight in hand kind of cheapened the whole deal for me. This suit doesn't wreak of WM to me, but it's nicely styled all the same. I think I'd prefer it in die-cast tbh.

I have a hard time seeing this as War Machine. It's Just a repaint of a regular suit. It doesn't stand out beyond the paintjob. War Machine is supposed to be big and nasty lookin.

This figure will have to look REAL good for me to bite.

Enough with the freaking Iron Man threads!

tumblr_meetky13Dd1rzer80o1_400.gif

I loled when I saw that pic. :lol

Same here for me. While I would like to get this one I will worry more about getting the Igor or heartbreaker before this one or IP.

Igor is no. 1 on my IM3 list at the moment. :hi5:

How come? Is it the lack of fine detail, likelihood of paint chipping, wear on the joints or lack of accessories that doesn't appeal? Are you skipping the whole die-cast line? The MMS WM is nice enough, but having to worry about the torso breaking, and having bits fall off, and the lack of weight in hand kind of cheapened the whole deal for me. This suit doesn't wreak of WM to me, but it's nicely styled all the same. I think I'd prefer it in die-cast tbh.

it's actually just about price :lol $300+ is way more than I'm willing to pay for an Iron Man collectible. Surprisingly in this hobby I've only ever spent $300 on 1 figure and that's a 2-in-1 Superman Returns. All my other figures have been below $300 even DX01 and DX02 when they were long sold out. Only figure I'm currently paying over $300 for is the DX13 BD T800 and that's like pulling teeth :lol

Hammer-tech vs Stark-tech right there. Designers did a good job of differentiating things between WM 1.0 and 2.0.

WARMACHINEROCKX

Yes,I love how Tony says in the prequel comic"Having all that Hammer-tech on my armour was like watching a four-year-old finger paint on the Mona Lisa".:lol

Thats why Im buying this.It s how Tony would ve done War Machine,and will look great as an evolution of the armours in my collection.

Urgh.

I'm gonna put my reply in spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back